All 11 militants in viral Burhan Wani pic either killed or arrested.

Stradlater

Insurgency will die eventually â la Punjab. But I fear, we are not even near the end game currently. 

Also, I heard that locals came in between to protect the militants shot dead recently. This is worrying and I fear we might need a zarb-e-WTF type operation in kashmir and use fleet of sukhoies like them to bomb the arses of separatist. 

3 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

The Quint's founder is also providing covering fire

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Cicero was referring to politicians but in modern India we can apply this to many groups eg mediapersons, bureaucrats, businessmen, NGOs, human rights activists etc. 

5 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

What does Raghav Bahl suggest we should do to solve this mess?

No honestly I'm interested in hearing his case. 

I'm guessing he would say that poverty and lack of education is causing the issue, so development and more education would solve it in his mind.

4 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

I'm guessing he would say that poverty and lack of education is causing the issue, so development and more education would solve it in his mind.

But how does that explain the sudden rise of militancy in the late 80s? Far as I know this education and development thingy were all good before that.

7 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

But how does that explain the sudden rise of militancy in the late 80s? Far as I know this education and development thingy were all good before that.

There were allegations of election rigging in the 80s iirc, maybe he thinks that served as an impetus for the insurgency. I really don't know what goes on in Bahl's head though :dontknow:

31 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

The Quint's founder is also providing covering fire

Any level of education is useless unless it is transforming the person. You rise above petty religious propaganda. Even after PhD, some idiot doesnt realize the ills of separatists, Pakistani terrorists and local Hizbul and what not. They drove away 100s of thousands of Kashmiri pandits, countless rapes, killings, and persecution of certain population to carry out religious propaganda.

Sou chuhe kha ke billi haj ko jayegi.

So stop giving us non-sense that educated ones are taking arms. They are brain washed from the day one. For generations they have been oppressing. I dont see 1 single organization which is spreading secularism within the community. Educating the society of the reality. Educated ones have a secularism mask publicly, and fundus teach all the non-sense in madrassas and mosque.  

https://swarajyamag.com/ideas/dont-tell-me-that-its-lack-of-education-and-opportunity-that-creates-terrorists

Don’t Tell Me That It’s ‘Lack Of Education And Opportunity’ That Creates Terrorists

A working paper published by the National Bureau of Economic Research in 2002 found a positive correlation between participation in the Hezbollah and secondary or higher education. The data set used the details of Hezbollah terrorists who were killed in the 1980s and the 1990s and showed that this assertion would not stand even three decades back. In 2006, researchers Peter Bergen and Swati Pandey studied the profile of 75 terrorists behind some of the most gruesome terrorist attacks and found that most of them were college-educated and often in technical subjects like engineering. In 2009, sociologist Diego Gambetta and political scientist Steffen Hertog undertook a study on a sample set of 404 terrorists. They found that 20 per cent of the recruits were engineers. If the sample had reflected the working age population in their respective countries, it would be less than 4 per cent.

In 2016, at the peak of the ISIS devastation, a World Bank study based on leaked internal records of the IS found that recruits to the group were highly educated and relatively wealthy with suicide bombers being the best off among the lot. Less than 15 per cent of the 3800+ recruits covered in the sample had dropped out before high school. The report concluded that ‘neither inequality nor poverty was a driver for recruitment in violent extremism’.

The surprise reserved for the ‘militant Professor’ seems to present the same old stereotype that the economically oppressed and educationally alienated people pick up guns. Like the poor Naxals in Jharkhand or the Fidayeen in Kashmir. But, the truth is any form of violent extremist movement is likely to draw more people who are educated as they are the ones who can bring in the expertise and the effort to help sustain interest in the cause. Education and wealth brings in the privilege which allows people to move away from concerns of mere economic subsistence and allows them to be fully devoted and committed to any militantly extremist cause. Look at the case of Kobad Ghandy and Anuradha Ghandy. Both were from extremely privileged backgrounds and highly educated and went on to lead the armed Maoist struggle in Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh.

I'm sick of this "education will bring a change" attitude . Osama was an engineer, Al-Jawahiri a surgeon & Omar Saeed Sheikh attended London School of Economics. All from well to do families, but still turned to be cold blooded murderers believing Muslims have long been wronged by the Kaafirs.
Honestly I dont know when this cycle will stop. They keep cropping up, our forces regularly send them to their 72 hoors & it keeps on going but the incidents have been much less as compared to few years back.

Edited by Turning_track