IPL match 40: Rajasthan Royals vs Kings Xi

velu

2 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Opponents are found a way to dismiss him. Bowl a short ball and keep the fielder at Deep backward short leg and Depp Mid wicket. Chances are high he will give a catch there on a bouncer. 

I feel like this happens every year. Every year for RR Sanju starts the season well and we hear that this is the year he finally lives up to his talent and has a break out season, but he always ends the season very average.

Maybe he is not getting proper coaching in domestics, otherwise by now he should've taken the leap to a better, international calibre player

1 minute ago, Tibarn said:

I feel like this happens every year. Every year for RR Sanju starts the season well and we hear that this is the year he finally lives up to his talent and has a break out season, but he always ends the season very average.

Maybe he is not getting proper coaching in domestics, otherwise by now he should've taken the leap to a better, international calibre player

I don't think coaches have to be blamed, if he plays lofted shot in an area where the fielder is placed. Secondly, if that fielder is placed in a position where he has got out numerous times. Agreed, that Samson has hit wonderful sixers even with fielder there, but he plays  that shot against probability. Luckily these are wickets where the bounce is not that good and the boundaries in these format are very very short.

10 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

Your trigger movement and adjustment should be in sync with length of the ball as much as possible. Sanji often gets away with playing short of a length ball on frontfoot. Same with Shreyas iyer. There is no back and across game. Uthappa is somewhat like that too. Prithvi Shaw also has that tendency except he can play back foot shot as well. All these guys have to work on picking the length quickly and move your feet accordingly not playing everything on the frontfoot

2 minutes ago, Moochad said:

@Straight Drive  @Tibarn

Compare how Sanju hasn't really gotten better in comparison to Shreyas Iyer who looks so much better this season for Dehli compared to last

Shreyas Iyer 351 runs in 10 innings. 4 * 50.

Sanju Samson 332 in 10 innings. 2 * 50.

Sanju began with a bang with that 92 coming in initial matches, but then he has struggled to score 50's as consistenly as Shreyas.

As a batsman, Shreyas is much more technically proper than Sanju imo.  Shreyas is good at placing well.

Consistency wise, shot selection wise and batting skill-wise i think Shreyas is better at this point of time.