Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
velu

IPL match 40: Rajasthan Royals vs Kings Xi

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Singh bling said:

Rahul showed no intent to chase in 16, 17 and 18th over .Selfish batting

how could he have done that when they were 7 down by 15 overs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Singh bling said:

Rahul showed no intent to chase in 16, 17 and 18th over .Selfish batting

Indeed. Reminded me of Rahane. Playing to boost self score. No intent to win for team.  He tood the RRR too high as well as take chase out of equation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lannister said:

KL should learn from this. Never let RR go beyond 14+ when chasing. 

It was pretty good knock , in fact it shows he can play down the order too . It was 14+ cod rest of the team lost 7 wickets of 50 balls and barely scored 40 runs between them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Straight Drive said:

Indeed. Reminded me of Rahane. Playing to boost self score. No intent to win for team.  He tood the RRR too high as well as take chase out of equation.

Lol what am I reading 

 

and rahane is not selfish either wth

Edited by jusarrived

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

I cant believe it. U couldnt see what he was trying to do?

The game was winnable upto 15 overs , the way he massacred Unakadt  in last over  he should had done earlier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jusarrived said:

It was pretty good knock , in fact it shows he can play down the order too . It was 14+ cod rest of the team lost 7 wickets of 50 balls and barely scored 40 runs between them 

Im surprised ppl didnt get what he was trying to do. 

 

It was all a matter of one big unadkat over in 18th...which didnt happen. 

 

Also archer getting every damn yorker right played its part.

 

Plus stoinis having a bad day wjere he couldnt hit even 1 six..... 

 

Kl rahul did his best to pull off a heist. I was blown away by his thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pollack said:

It was pleasing to see Unadkat back in form in the last over. I was worried he was losing his impeccably high standards of bowling.

Felt sorry for him , one match he could have ended with good figures lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pollack said:

You go for a win in 17 or 18th over atleast irrespective of wickets. Felt he waited a little too long. 

he was expecting Stoinis to hit out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

how could he have done that when they were 7 down by 15 overs?

As I said This whole stupidity of waiting till the last over mindset is screwing India again and again....This May work in Odis but not in T20s .

 

Even in Odis it is a strategy that is probably 10 years too old but may still work once in a while 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

how could he have done that when they were 7 down by 15 overs?

They lost 6 wickets and one of them was Ashwin so technically they were 5 wickets down.Moreover he had stoinis on ther side with whom he won last match

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Singh bling said:

They lost 6 wickets and one of them was Ashwin so technically they were 5 wickets down.Moreover he had stoinis on ther side with whom he won last match

and stoinis scored 11 of 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

The game was winnable upto 15 overs , the way he massacred Unakadt  in last over  he should had done earlier

You are discounting pitch from ur analysis. And lack of wickets and lack of big hitting from the other batsman stoinis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sensible-indian said:

You are discounting pitch from ur analysis. And lack of wickets and lack of big hitting from the other batsman stoinis. 

16, 18 , 20 th over was bowled by Unakadt , and he massacred him in last moreover he hit 3 fours on Archer when match was lost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sensible-indian said:

Im surprised ppl didnt get what he was trying to do. 

 

It was all a matter of one big unadkat over in 18th...which didnt happen. 

 

Also archer getting every damn yorker right played its part.

 

Plus stoinis having a bad day wjere he couldnt hit even 1 six..... 

 

Kl rahul did his best to pull off a heist. I was blown away by his thinking.

He’s showing he can do a Viru as well as a Dhoni/Virat . RR did put up a good bowling performance , no lose balls and lot of variations . KL was just taking it deep and probably looking at 60 of last 4 and backing himself to get 2 big overs of those , just fell short imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jusarrived said:

It was pretty good knock , in fact it shows he can play down the order too . It was 14+ cod rest of the team lost 7 wickets of 50 balls and barely scored 40 runs between them 

He will learn from it. He was waiting for others to step up while he anchor the innings and go big in the last 3-4 overs but that didn't happen. He should try to approach the innings like Kohli does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jusarrived said:

He’s showing he can do a Viru as well as a Dhoni/Virat . RR did put up a good bowling performance , no lose balls and lot of variations . KL was just taking it deep and probably looking at 60 of last 4 and backing himself to get 2 big overs of those , just fell short imo

Exactly. 

 

If this were a flat pitch, his knock wud be selfish... But this pitch turned into a bloody hard turner which changes the equation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, maniac said:

As I said This whole stupidity of waiting till the last over mindset is screwing India again and again....This May work in Odis but not in T20s .

 

Even in Odis it is a strategy that is probably 10 years too old but may still work once in a while 

No one plans to wait till last over , punj had lost this match very early And the only way of giving them any chance of win was keeping your wickets 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, velu said:

:rr: used only 3 overseas players :rotfl:

 

there were 2 freeloaders in the RR playing xi..

no need for anureet singh and other lomar guy..

not sure what todo with binny in the team

Thats worrying for K11Punjab. 

 

Even with Unadkut, Lomror, Binny, Anureet in opposition they lost if by 16 runs which is good margin for T20 win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Straight Drive said:

Thats worrying for K11Punjab. 

 

Even with Unadkut, Lomror, Binny, Anureet in opposition they lost if by 16 runs which is good margin for T20 win.

Thanks to everyone scoring in single digit. 

 

Rahul 95

Stoinis 11 off 15 balls

Rest under 10

 

Woeful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Batted  at SR of 100 even when he had scored 55. 

 

Good innings for him but useless for team. 

I doubt you will get this , but he played almost exactly like last match .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Exactly. 

 

If this were a flat pitch, his knock wud be selfish... But this pitch turned into a bloody hard turner which changes the equation. 

And how pitch changed in last 10 balls when he scored 28 of them???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

And how pitch changed in last 10 balls when he scored 28 of them???

Lol....

 

He was trying in last 5 overs... Was too hard on this pitch.... Plus had no support... 

 

U take the game deep cos these crazy overs happen in the end with wickets in hand... If 18th over unadkat had gone  for lots, game result wud hav swung.....

 

We cant look at this from a unidimensional stat based perspective

Edited by sensible-indian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Singh bling said:

And how pitch changed in last 10 balls when he scored 28 of them???

Actually it dint , he jus adjusted and scored mostly of switch hits , reverse sweeps and paddle sweeps . If you watch those early overs he tried the very same shots but he wasn’t getting the timing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So let me get this straight, people were angry at Rahul when he used to give up his wicket early playing lofty shots. Now he's trying to give his team a chance by staying till the end, on a turning pitch and people are still miffed? 

 

Do you wanted him to chase the whole total by himself? Wouldn't that be like ummm.... best T20 innings ever? Too bad he didn't lived up to your expectations. 

Edited by Scar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, velu said:

:rr: used only 3 overseas players :rotfl:

 

there were 2 freeloaders in the RR playing xi..

no need for anureet singh and other lomar guy..

not sure what todo with binny in the team

Ish Sodhi is overseas player:phehe:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Singh bling said:

And how pitch changed in last 10 balls when he scored 28 of them???

The minor error was he should've started to hit from 14th over itself, seeing how the pitch was behaving. He misread the situation, these things happen when other guys are playing like sh!t in the opposite end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, maniac said:

As I said This whole stupidity of waiting till the last over mindset is screwing India again and again....This May work in Odis but not in T20s .

 

Even in Odis it is a strategy that is probably 10 years too old but may still work once in a while 

u know whom to blame....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With early wickets and low run rate, Rahul's first target was to not let the innings collapse in a heap, which he managed to do. Too bad he had literally zero support from other batters. Full credit to RR bowlers for making life hell for the KXIP batsmen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×