India A squads for the tour of UK

40 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Why was Shubman Gill omitted from 4 day team. He’s our next VVS. Wonder what jaadoo toona methods selectors use these days. 

coz 4day team are selected from ranji trophy....can't pick players for looking good, their records in ranji have to reflect that. he will have plenty of time,no need to rush.

Edited by LORD_analyst
26 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

coz 4day team are selected from ranji trophy....can't pick players for looking good, their records in ranji have to reflect that. he will have plenty of time,no need to rush.

he’s a special talent- sending him on this tour will Give him crucial first class experience- delaying it until next season Ranji pointless- especially when some no hopers have been picked 

14 hours ago, Sooda said:

Here we go...

India ‘A’ team for One-Day Tri-series in the U.K. announced

Shreyas (Capt), Prithvi, Mayank Agarwal, Shubhman Gill, H. Vihari, Sanju Samson, Deepak Hooda, Rishabh Pant (wk), Vijay Shankar, K. Gowtham, Axar, Krunal, Prasidh Krishna, Deepak Chahar, Khaleel Ahmed, Shardul

Not bad at all. Would have loved to see Rajpoot though, Don't know anything about P Krishna...?

Except Siraj for shardul, every thing looks perfect...

This is the clear indication that selectors are looking forward...

14 hours ago, Sooda said:

India ‘A’ team for four-day matches in the U.K. announced

Karun (Capt), R. Samarth, Mayank Agarwal, AR Easwaran, Prithvi, H.Vihari, Ankit Bawne, Vijay Shankar, KS Bharat (wk), Jayant Yadav, Shahbaz Nadeem, Ankit Rajpoot, Md Siraj, Navdeep Saini, Rajneesh Gurbani

really good to see those names

13 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

yes bharat is ordinary ,i would have even gone for wadkar 

Chief selector is from Andhra and he is bound to pick up atleast 1 player from his team....

Not right but he has done it.....

Overall, he is doing a wonderful job....

I would have loved to see Pant instead of Bharat

8 hours ago, sandeep said:

Keeps choking whenever he gets the chances to impress at higher levels though.

It happens with most of the telangana and andhra players...

It's not lack of talent but i think its because of the overwhelming feeling of bigger stages...

Same thing happened with Siraj or rayudu or even VVS Laxman..

I think they take more time campared to others to settle down on the bigger stages

12 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

Pls don't add KLR and Iyer in the same line..

Iyer is a hack....

you are right KL Rahul is special definitely, a little above both these guys but Hanuma Vihari and Shreyas Iyer are of the same Skills , i have seen both of them batting together against same opposition and both of them are very highly talented , hanuma vihari is very strong against genuine Pace too..i mean against spinners both are very good ,shrieyas a touch better than vihari against spinners but 

hanuma is better against Pacers then shreyas so it makes both EQUAL.

Shreyas and Manish and Hanuma are similiar talents just that shreyas and Manish are luckier so they are playing for India.

Re: Jayant Yadav...

How has his form been of late?

This Might be unpopular but Jalaj Saxena  merits consideration- yes he's the wrong side of 30 but been a consistent all rounder for years and was very good last season. 

And possibly Shreyas Gopal but perhaps more for Ltd overs teams for now

Karan Sharma had a brief spell of great form last season but seems to have faded away.