Do Selectors care about feelings of Players?

When i looked at the squad, i felt that players such as Manish/Raina were selected in T20 out of pity. Same goes for Thakur in Test team.

There are atleast 10 players who are having better time than these two in IPL, which is top T20 tournament to find quality.  It is not first time it has happened, whenever one player gets dropped from ODI team, he is given chance in T20 format. It feels more like Mohalla cricket thinking rather than professional team.  

Edited by wanted_desi
2 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

It is no hidden fact that our captain prefers "experience aka oldies" over "form/youth players". Even when likes of Pant, Siraj, Kuldeep are selected in squad they are played only for the odd game and kicked out of XI after failing on first instance.

Experience is overrated.

There is lot to be said for experience. As long as the experienced player is performing well I woud also pick him over a young enmerging player. If you have any doubts just look at the six hit by Dinesh. All experience. Now some of the selection may not be fair but by and large the team was not bad. They did a decent job.