Australia refuse to host Bangladesh

BCB had responded to the request with alternative proposals and are awaiting a response. "They have requested to call off the series as it is not financially viable," BCB chief executive Nizamuddin Chowdhury told Cricbuzz on Wednesday. "We have responded to it with alternative proposals and waiting for their response but there was no further communication in this regard."

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/101948/australia-refuse-to-host-bangladesh-cricket-team

One has to wonder if every board makes money when opposition tours? Teams like ZIM surely don't get you that much in revenue from sponsors/tv rights. I would assume that the board that invites a team like ZIM will loose money rather than make money. What kind of lame excuse is this? Definitely not good for cricket. This would also mean that teams like AFG/IRE will not be invited either. What was the point of giving them full membership status ...

One has to wonder if every board makes money when opposition tours? Teams like ZIM surely don't get you that much in revenue from sponsors/tv rights. I would assume that the board that invites a team like ZIM will loose money rather than make money. What kind of lame excuse is this? Definitely not good for cricket. This would also mean that teams like AFG/IRE will not be invited either. What was the point of giving them full membership status ...

And more reason to hv 2 tier test cricket with periodic relegation / delegation.

Aust/Eng often misuse their power and treat smaller boards as peasants. They reguarly call a bogie team just to practice before the main event. Eng always invite likes of SL in Apr before main season. They are having Pak this year. Aust invites some lower rank teams for couple of tests in october in smaller venues like Darwin/Cairns etc before summer. SA does the same sometimes with Zimb.

This is where credit must be given to BCCI...they never misuse any team. If they are invited...they play proper series. And if they think likes of BD is not financially viable...they dont them invite at all.

Poor from CA.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

It is understandable if a poor country like Zimbabwe backs out from hosting a series due to financial issues. The Australian cricket board has plenty of money and can afford to lose some every once in a while. They can't say we will only host series if we can make huge $$$ out of it.

Don't forget India also did not invite BD showing the same business reason for a long time. 

I tell you, this is not good for cricket. Can't think of any other sports where you don't invite opposition thinking of not earning enough money. Sometimes you earn a lot, sometime you lose. That does not mean you stop doing business with others.

Anyway, this series was a great opportunity for Aussies themselves. After that ball tempering fiasco, they needed this series where they can focus on young cricketer and test their new captain. 

I suppose the tv revenues aren't enough to cover the cost of the series ? Bangladesh has a sizeable cricket crazy population to watch this series live.

It would be a shame if CA cancelled this because the series wasn't meeting their targeted dollars or profit margins. 

Home series such as this are an ideal platform to blood a couple of their youngsters in the senior side.