Why do Dhoni fans hate Pant?

Trichromatic

14 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Honestly I see most Dhoni fans here support the likes of pant and Rahul . It's crap players like rohit , Pandey and Jadhav who have been keeping these youngsters . 

Its a PR thread to attract Dhoni bashing kids of ICF and gain some traffic in cricket forum which is very quiet since IPL. OP himself is a Dhoni fan and this thread served the purpose he was looking for :giggle:

As far as your point is concerned, Jadhav will not play for India again...take it from me. Pandey should be replaced with Pant/Iyer. Rohit Sharma cant be dropped from LOIs yet...he is a beast on flat decks and most LOIs are played on flat tracks. If anything, he should be our LOI captain as he got a better cricket brain than Virat.

I would play this line up for 3 ODIs in England and take it from there:

Dhawan

Rohit

KL Rahul

Kohli

Pant/Iyer

Dhoni

Pandya

Chahal/Kuldeep/Markande

Bhuvi

Bumrah

Umesh/Shami

Edited by Austin 3:!6

22 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

thats how it is going to be . Its hard to find people who will look things from both prospective . People either wanna  see white or black. Ya koi hero hai ya villian. We cnt accept our heros have flaws or either we want to beilve they are selfish n corrupt. As ull read above comments . 

Yahi log rotte hai youngster lao , youngster lao ....wo 2 match nhin fail hoga usse hyped cricketer ya one season wonder bna denge. 

People lack patience with both young n old cricketers. They both will have their struggles. 

Ill say keep ur beilief like a stubborn person coz time changes n so will these people who lack patience.....yahi to thali ke baingan hote hai

I have lot of patience yaar...aur mein toh dhoni ka itna bada fan bhi nahi hoon... I have enjoyed every Indian players over the years... be it Sachin, sehwag, Ganguly, Dravid, yuvi...and even current players...

But idhar kuch zyada hi hypocracy hai... whats the point of sharing or discussing something which noone wants to listen... there is an agenda to be followed here... woh nahi kiya toh tum idhar fit nahi ho sakte... 

1 hour ago, Shunya said:

I have lot of patience yaar...aur mein toh dhoni ka itna bada fan bhi nahi hoon... I have enjoyed every Indian players over the years... be it Sachin, sehwag, Ganguly, Dravid, yuvi...and even current players...

But idhar kuch zyada hi hypocracy hai... whats the point of sharing or discussing something which noone wants to listen... there is an agenda to be followed here... woh nahi kiya toh tum idhar fit nahi ho sakte... 

look if u have a strong beilief have faith , i hve been backing dhoni, pandya for an year . Some call me a dhoni bhakt.....but m no one bhakt. Im a fan of dhoni but so was i of yuvraj , what i enjoy most is cricket n want indian cricket to do well. I beilve dhoni has still in him and backing it up . 

Bhaad men kya agenda n all , terko jo sahi lagta hai likh......................why do u care about thali ke baingan n hyprcrite. N ill tell u secret most times a thread is made to avoid seeing the poster fav player blunder perfomances 

About the topic, topic is false. Dhoni fans hating Pant means, 90% of cricket watching India public hating Pant. Like him or not he has the biggest fan base for any cricketer in the world after Tendulkar called it quits. Basically we troll each other here. I am sure deep down everyone knows Dhoni is on his last legs. On Indian pitches Dhoni's stand and slog method might even work. But his fundamental approach may not change. Go slow first and explode by the time we don't have that many balls. I don't say Pant is a perfect batsman. One huge improvement i have seen in him is his percentage cricket. He bides his time when needed something i didn't see him doing in the earlier editions. As far as T20 goes he is ready for prime time. He can be a good finisher and also a middle order batsman someone who can eliminate the "lull" between 6th and 15th overs.

Edited by vvvslaxman

1 hour ago, Forever Indian said:

As many have pointed out it is because of insecurity that people hate on Pant. This guy is one of the best young talents and seems certainly ready for T20Is.

He is good on leg side but needs to improve his offside game. Just feel he seem to hack everything on leg side.

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

He is good on leg side but needs to improve his offside game. Just feel he seem to hack everything on leg side.

which batsman plays big shots on off side? dont think you are watching his innings. His first two boundaries yesterday were on off side and hit several boundaries after that on off side too. Dhoni himself does not hit much on off side.

Edited by rkt.india

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

which batsman plays big shots on off side? dont think you are watching his innings. His first two boundaries yesterday were on off side and hit several boundaries after that on off side too. Dhoni himself does not hit much on off side.

This. I have said this many times. If a batsman is going for slogs he is going to hit it on legside naturally. 

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

boundaries are ok. I am taking about Sixers yuvraj , Sachin , sehwag and even DK do hit big shots offside. 

6 minutes ago, gattaca said:

boundaries are ok. I am taking about Sixers yuvraj , Sachin , sehwag and even DK do hit big shots offside. 

Most batsman will only a six or two on off side because difficult to generate power when hitting six on off side, mostly if you play inside out. Hitting to leg side the most natural for any power hitter. Though he has hit sixes on off side too. Yesterday the six of Rashid was over long off, one six i remember he hit of Woakes over cover.

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

Everyone knows that and still he is able to score at such a SR because he is able to find gaps or go over fielders on leg side. With so much restrictions regarding no of players outside circle in LOIs I don't see it being as much an issue. Especially since he is very young he can always develop his offside game the more he plays.

11 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Because he is a leg side hack and Dhoni is God of the off side.

Wrong Indian captain, mate! There *was* a successful left-handed Indian batsman sometimes called "God of the off-side" , but not Dhoni XD