Why do Dhoni fans hate Pant?

Trichromatic

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

boundaries are ok. I am taking about Sixers yuvraj , Sachin , sehwag and even DK do hit big shots offside. 

Pant can hit sixes on the off side and straight down the ground. Its just that he is stronger on the legside and that's why its his preferred hitting area. 

Edited by Mosher

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

This. I have said this many times. If a batsman is going for slogs he is going to hit it on legside naturally. 

Virat, Dhoni, Rahul, Rohit, DK, Kane, Smith, Rahane etc are equally good on the offside. You can play good shots for six without slogging.

54 minutes ago, adi B said:

These new dhoni fans in the forum haven't gone through even 20% of what Sachin fans went through during his struggle ,Sachin was blasted on this forum  lol 

Thats a different issue. Sachin when it came to century or winning chose the former on some occasions. Its not that Sachin went out to play selfishly but he is very numbers oriented man and hence there are moments where he played selfishly. Anyone with eyes and half a brain can see that the 100th ton (which is a bullshit stat) was selfish unless he is a rabid sachin fan. I have watched Sachin from the 92 world cup. I can see other instances where he was selfish and by no means I'm saying that he is the only one. Maybe he is a victim of that era.

And I'm pretty sure that the most of the player who got blasted during that time is Dravid. Dhoni is getting the same treatment because he is next in line to perform blasphemy to the lord sachin by equaling him in stature so he must be cut down (vadh karna chahiye mentality :ridinghorse:). And dhoni was the one who kept his calm and finished a lot of matches. Before him we were good but had the habit of choking in cup finals. Everyone owes him a great deal for not just holding his cool and finishing but also being a good ODI captain and wicket keeping skills. I dont think Sachin would be able to do three responsibilities at the same time. Heck he couldnt captain his side and keep his form. Even Saurav couldnt. Dravid performed but he is more of a test match player. But Dhoni and Kohli have handled the pressure and performed at a higher level.

41 minutes ago, Garuda said:

Virat, Dhoni, Rahul, Rohit, DK, Kane, Smith, Rahane etc are equally good on the offside. You can play good shots for six without slogging.

And so is Pant. The ones you mentioned don't slog a lot. They focus more on timing and most importantly on hitting the boundaries finding the gaps. Pant on the other hand is versatile. He has brute force to hit sixes consistently. For big shots natural arc for most batsman is legside unless bowler bowls to the offside. Pant has hit on the offside whenever such balls are bowled to him.Since he tries to have a big hit each ball it is obvious he is having more shots on legside.Yuvraj hits a lot of sixes to legside too. But we know he can hit anywhere. Pant also can hit anywhere.

54 minutes ago, Pollack said:

And so is Pant. The ones you mentioned don't slog a lot. They focus more on timing and most importantly on hitting the boundaries finding the gaps. Pant on the other hand is versatile. He has brute force to hit sixes consistently. For big shots natural arc for most batsman is legside unless bowler bowls to the offside. Pant has hit on the offside whenever such balls are bowled to him.Since he tries to have a big hit each ball it is obvious he is having more shots on legside.Yuvraj hits a lot of sixes to legside too. But we know he can hit anywhere. Pant also can hit anywhere.

Good on him then. I was commenting on your offside shots. Yuvraj is a strong bloke but was also good on timing. He still has brute force as you mentioned but he cannot time the ball these days. Pant does not have brute force lol. He needs to work on his muscles like Raina did. Anyone with brute force is similar to Dhoni, UV, Gayle, Brathwaite, Russell, Bravo, Hayden, Symonds, Afridi, etc. The other guys dont even match. These guys can hit monster sixes that can be hit out of the park into the parking lot.

Dekh lena, Kishan will replace Dhoni in the national team.
Ek toh Jharkhandi , doosra Ambani o ke saath hai.
And Pant has not been able to utilize his limited oppurtunities in Indian team and he doesn't have backing of neither Kohli nor Bunty.
Neither they actually have a place free to keep giving him opportunities like Rohit "Shitman" Sharma.
Dhoni will play limited overs cricket till 2023 and the current team won't retire till they are 40 atleast
And when Pant will get chance , he will fall behind younger players.

9 hours ago, Garuda said:

Sixes are always a slog whether on or off. 

7 hours ago, Garuda said:

Good on him then. I was commenting on your offside shots. Yuvraj is a strong bloke but was also good on timing. He still has brute force as you mentioned but he cannot time the ball these days. Pant does not have brute force lol. He needs to work on his muscles like Raina did. Anyone with brute force is similar to Dhoni, UV, Gayle, Brathwaite, Russell, Bravo, Hayden, Symonds, Afridi, etc. The other guys dont even match. These guys can hit monster sixes that can be hit out of the park into the parking lot.

Pant has brute Force. It's natural and inbuilt in him. Some players are born with it like yuvraj and pant. Raina doesn't have brute Force close to pant. Pant his hitting 95 meter sixes which is huge for a 20 year old. Regarding muscles Pant has been working on muscles before Raina started.

17 hours ago, Shunya said:

Bhai...do let us know if you find another genuine forum and also you might want to rethink sharing any dhoni videos with this community in future. Its so pointless. There is so much blatant hate and bias against him here. Its becoming difficult to bear so much hypocracy, its as if duniya bhar ke frustrated indians idhar hi aake bhare hai. 

Just a simple solution. Don't turn off TV when Dhoni gets out, or start backing Indian team when Dhoni is not playing. You will soon forget about Dhoni and start to enjoy this beautiful game. 

1 hour ago, Lannister said:

Just a simple solution. Don't turn off TV when Dhoni gets out, or start backing Indian team when Dhoni is not playing. You will soon forget about Dhoni and start to enjoy this beautiful game. 

Please stop living in your dream world and impose your wishful thinking on others. Just because Sachin fans do such things like switching off TVs after he gets out and Karnataka fans who support and cheer for opposition team when Karnataka players are not playing, dont create imaginary things about Dhoni fans or any fans for that matter. 

I am already enjoying the beautiful game, enjoyed it even before Dhoni learnt how to hold a bat and will continue to enjoy even when Test cricket will die and IPL will be held for 6 months. This concept of one player responsible for the team is a concept created Sachin to make him famous and now the hypocrites are imposing that on everyone else to make themselves feel good.

9 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Please stop living in your dream world and impose your wishful thinking on others. Just because Sachin fans do such things like switching off TVs after he gets out and Karnataka fans who support and cheer for opposition team when Karnataka players are not playing, dont create imaginary things about Dhoni fans or any fans for that matter. 

I am already enjoying the beautiful game, enjoyed it even before Dhoni learnt how to hold a bat and will continue to enjoy even when Test cricket will die and IPL will be held for 6 months. This concept of one player responsible for the team is a concept created Sachin to make him famous and now the hypocrites are imposing that on everyone else to make themselves feel good.

Then you need to show some balance when defending your favorite player if you say you are a team-first guy, like not to hesitate to criticize when he's not doing well, something like that. The problem is your flock view him as bigger than the team, and impose your ideas on others. That's why no one will take you guys seriously.

9 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Then you need to show some balance when defending your favorite player if you say you are a team-first guy, like not to hesitate to criticize when he's not doing well, something like that. The problem is your flock view him as bigger than the team, and impose your ideas on others. That's why no one will take you guys seriously.

Why is this media type grilling happening? Its as if I am in NDTV studios where I have to prove Ganga-Jamna Tehzeeb or something?

If you celebrate Diwali, you have to celebrate eid. If you post anything good about Dhoni, you have to post bad about him as well. lol

There is already site full of criticism, hate, abuses for Dhoni in every thread. How much more do you want? lol Some are genuine criticism and some is just propaganda. Some group of Sachin fans felt the pain for their idol when he messed up towards the end of his career, so they want to ruin it for other players as well. Thats just lame and hypocritical. I just defend dhoni sometimes to bring balance for unnecessary hate, but I guess that is not welcome on this forum. Only dhoni hate is allowed. 

I just hate hypocritical people here with agendas who post out of their frustration. And whenever you respond to them or do the same thing about the players they like, they loose their marbles and show their own fanboyism which they despise about other fans. For eg: saying Rishabh Pant is poor on offside will result in such threads being started here. First you create an identity of Dhoni fans, then you blame dhoni fans that they hate Rishabh PAnt and then by starting such threads you invite all haters for a free ride to write all kinds of bull.s.h.i.t. Basically recycle hate again and again. All these happened because someone questioned Rishabh Pant's offside play. Wow. Now please tell me who are behaving like fanboys and who are doing genuine criticism. Dhoni is the punching bag for everyone here. Acha politics khelte hai sabke sab, and then we blame media and politicians for the problems of our country. 

If its only about agreeing to what haters say, then what is the point of the forum. Like that term Echo Chamber mentioned above, this is a typical anti-dhoni echo chamber, where people do not want to hear anything but hate for him. And I dont agree with that hypocracy. Genuine criticism n all is okay, but constant exaggerated criticism reeks of propaganda and lot of hypocracy

13 minutes ago, asterix said:

^ Most of the Dhoni bashing threads are opened by Dhoni fans only like Trichomatic & Velu... :giggle:

Talk to Velu, he understands what goes in IPL forum. That’ll help you take it easy...

Many of you Dhoni fans are taking things way too seriously just like Dhoni himself...

Okay chalo...lets have some fun...

38 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Why is this media type grilling happening? Its as if I am in NDTV studios where I have to prove Ganga-Jamna Tehzeeb or something?

If you celebrate Diwali, you have to celebrate eid. If you post anything good about Dhoni, you have to post bad about him as well. lol

There is already site full of criticism, hate, abuses for Dhoni in every thread. How much more do you want? lol Some are genuine criticism and some is just propaganda. Some group of Sachin fans felt the pain for their idol when he messed up towards the end of his career, so they want to ruin it for other players as well. Thats just lame and hypocritical. I just defend dhoni sometimes to bring balance for unnecessary hate, but I guess that is not welcome on this forum. Only dhoni hate is allowed. 

I just hate hypocritical people here with agendas who post out of their frustration. And whenever you respond to them or do the same thing about the players they like, they loose their marbles and show their own fanboyism which they despise about other fans. For eg: saying Rishabh Pant is poor on offside will result in such threads being started here. First you create an identity of Dhoni fans, then you blame dhoni fans that they hate Rishabh PAnt and then by starting such threads you invite all haters for a free ride to write all kinds of bull.s.h.i.t. Basically recycle hate again and again. All these happened because someone questioned Rishabh Pant's offside play. Wow. Now please tell me who are behaving like fanboys and who are doing genuine criticism. Dhoni is the punching bag for everyone here. Acha politics khelte hai sabke sab, and then we blame media and politicians for the problems of our country. 

If its only about agreeing to what haters say, then what is the point of the forum. Like that term Echo Chamber mentioned above, this is a typical anti-dhoni echo chamber, where people do not want to hear anything but hate for him. And I dont agree with that hypocracy. Genuine criticism n all is okay, but constant exaggerated criticism reeks of propaganda and lot of hypocracy

Then why are you guys whining calling this is an anti-Dhoni forum and as such. If you are come looking to support just one individual above the welfare of team, then that is fine, it's on you but don't expect others to do the same. This is Indian cricket forum not Dhoni forum. lol

He will be rightly criticized if he's doing jacksh!t when playing for India. 

4 hours ago, asterix said:

^ Most of the Dhoni bashing threads are opened by Dhoni fans only like Trichomatic & Velu... :giggle:

Talk to Velu, he understands what goes in IPL forum. That’ll help you take it easy...

Many of you Dhoni fans are taking things way too seriously just like Dhoni himself...

I have never opened a Dhoni bashing thread.