Congrats Sunrisers

vvvslaxman

they are not underdogs... no one gives underdogs any favorable odds to win the IPL, but once in a while, they will unleash... I would say RR are the historical underdogs of IPL ... whereas, SRH were always one of the favourites...

Success and Glory dont always go together. Some people are very successful, but they dont enjoy the stature befitting them

For example, Matt Damon... so much success... but doesnt have the same aura as Clooney, Pitt, Di Caprio...... because he doesnt have the "superstar aura" about him...

same way SRH...

in overall IPL, CSK and pre-2018 MI have that "superstar aura"

24 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

they are not underdogs... no one gives underdogs any favorable odds to win the IPL, but once in a while, they will unleash... I would say RR are the historical underdogs of IPL ... whereas, SRH were always one of the favourites...

Success and Glory dont always go together. Some people are very successful, but they dont enjoy the stature befitting them

For example, Matt Damon... so much success... but doesnt have the same aura as Clooney, Pitt, Di Caprio...... because he doesnt have the "superstar aura" about him...

same way SRH...

in overall IPL, CSK and pre-2018 MI have that "superstar aura"

This season underdogs. No Warner. Williamson is not a great T20 batsman.

dhawan injures in between picked up bad form. Bhuvi not in action for few matches. Kaul Sandeep Thampi all he had.  Afghan guy was the biggest game breaker for SRH time and again. They owe everything to him.

Congrats Sunrisers. They are the team to watch out for. They use a no frills approach to everything that why they are "boring". Good controlled batting even though their bowling failed today because of Pant. Tom Moody is an excellent coach and he'll give the bowling some working over after tonights performance.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Underdogs is the wrong word...underrated sure and most important adjective is “genuine” team

team for the hard working middle class everyday man :hatsoff:

hard working middle class lol  Kane + Moody + Afghan jalebi = winning combo.  Occasional contribution from Sumar moonji Kumar,  Gabbar, Shakib.

Only team I look forward to when defending a sub-150 total. 

There's a humble vibe around the team, part of the reason no one trolls them even when they lose. No exaggerated celebration after taking the wickets, same with fielding save for dhawan shamelessly patting his thigh, and no in your face celebration. 

A well gelled team of humble guys punching above their weight and having monomanical approach towards the win. Reminds me of our old Indian team. 

Edited by Scar