Indian fans' views on MS Dhoni

What should be MSD's role for India going forward?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be MSD's role for Indian going forward?

• Should continue to play in both ODIs and T20s
    • Should continue to play in ODIs, but should step down from T20s
    • Should quit international cricket altogether

Looking around the forum there are many varied and polarising opinions surrounding MS Dhoni and his role in the future of Indian international cricket. Since ICF generally consists of the more learned contingent of Indian fans, it would be interesting to see what this groups feels about MSD in this regard. Once we gather an idea of the consensus opinion- it would be interesting to re-interpret the BCCI's unrelenting stance in support of MSD. 

Edited by mancalledsting
4 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

Looking around the forum there are many varied and polarising opinions surrounding MS Dhoni and his role in the future of Indian international cricket. Since ICF generally consists of the more learned contingent of Indian fans, it would be interesting to see what this groups feels about MSD in this regard. Once we gather an idea of the consensus opinion- it would be interesting to re-interpret the BCCI's unrelenting stance in support of MSD. 

You taking it way to seriously.

Well he is our best WK batsman of all time. Yes, in tests he was not as successful as ODIs but even then not many of our keepers have played innings like lords 07, Faisalabad 06, vs England at Nagpur 2012 and his 224 against Aussies.

What I dislike is the excess credit swindling. His PR has been overactive in creating a superhero image of him post 2011. They have completely ignored contributions from Yuvraj Zaheer Sachin Gambhir Sehwag Harbhajan and attributed the 2011 win solely to MSD's superpowers. Then his non-commitment to overseas tests, going 90s way of preparing bunsen burners at home, Rhiti sports etc. made it very difficult to be a fan of him.

For 2019 I think there is little doubt that he will not be part of playing XI so I hope he does well.

However his time in T20i was up a long time ago and I think selectors have realised it. I feel Dhoni was looking to play Nidhas trophy but selectors asked him to take rest so that youngsters can be tried. I hope it will continue.

Edited by Number

My views are never fixed. last year Dhoni should have been nowhere near the team. This year he is not so bad. If I am selecting the team Dhoni would be on the bench and Dinesh would play. Strictly rewarding merit here. He should be thankful that I have put him on the bench. Last year I left him at home.

9 hours ago, kira said:

Make the votes visible, I want to see which idiot voted for both odis and t20s, it's probably velu or his pet dog rasgulla but still want to confirm

As for velu- he’s sensible when push comes to shove. Most of his pro Dhoni trolling is to tease us- some of it is quite funny too eg Srini mama scarface pic. But re: others, less said the better 

1 hour ago, mancalledsting said:

As for velu- he’s sensible when push comes to shove. Most of his pro Dhoni trolling is to tease us- some of it is quite funny too eg Srini mama scarface pic. But re: others, less said the better 

Yeah, I like @velu 's trolling, he's at least funny with his trolling but his chamcha gang is very dumb, that's why I usually troll his chamcha gang:-D

5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Reality check for ICFers

Indian team for the 2089 ICC WC

1. Not yet born

2. Not yet born

3. Not yet born

4. Not yet born

5. Not yet born

6. MSD

7. Not yet born

8. Not yet born

9. Not yet born