Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mancalledsting

Indian fans' views on MS Dhoni

What should be MSD's role for India going forward?  

55 members have voted

  1. 1. What should be MSD's role for Indian going forward?

    • Should continue to play in both ODIs and T20s
    • Should continue to play in ODIs, but should step down from T20s
    • Should quit international cricket altogether


Recommended Posts

Looking around the forum there are many varied and polarising opinions surrounding MS Dhoni and his role in the future of Indian international cricket. Since ICF generally consists of the more learned contingent of Indian fans, it would be interesting to see what this groups feels about MSD in this regard. Once we gather an idea of the consensus opinion- it would be interesting to re-interpret the BCCI's unrelenting stance in support of MSD. 

Edited by mancalledsting

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

Looking around the forum there are many varied and polarising opinions surrounding MS Dhoni and his role in the future of Indian international cricket. Since ICF generally consists of the more learned contingent of Indian fans, it would be interesting to see what this groups feels about MSD in this regard. Once we gather an idea of the consensus opinion- it would be interesting to re-interpret the BCCI's unrelenting stance in support of MSD. 

You taking it way to seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

he should have retired 1 year back from ODIs after CT 2017, but now, it is too late, too late to groom any other young keeper-bat. now its swim or sink with him situation.

He will most definitely sink, hopefully he doesn't sink the team with him

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

he should have retired 1 year back from ODIs after CT 2017, but now, it is too late, too late to groom any other young keeper-bat. now its swim or sink with him situation.

That was his smart move ,held on to captaincy till early 2017 and not give it up after 2015wc meant had to hold on as wk batsman for just 1 yr.After that it will be too late to groom any one for 2019 wc .The only options will be oldies like pappu and karthik, so he gets to play.

Edited by MultiB48

Share this post


Link to post

Well he is our best WK batsman of all time. Yes, in tests he was not as successful as ODIs but even then not many of our keepers have played innings like lords 07, Faisalabad 06, vs England at Nagpur 2012 and his 224 against Aussies.

 

What I dislike is the excess credit swindling. His PR has been overactive in creating a superhero image of him post 2011. They have completely ignored contributions from Yuvraj Zaheer Sachin Gambhir Sehwag Harbhajan and attributed the 2011 win solely to MSD's superpowers. Then his non-commitment to overseas tests, going 90s way of preparing bunsen burners at home, Rhiti sports etc. made it very difficult to be a fan of him.

 

For 2019 I think there is little doubt that he will not be part of playing XI so I hope he does well.

 

However his time in T20i was up a long time ago and I think selectors have realised it. I feel Dhoni was looking to play Nidhas trophy but selectors asked him to take rest so that youngsters can be tried. I hope it will continue.

 

Edited by Number

Share this post


Link to post

My views are never fixed. last year Dhoni should have been nowhere near the team. This year he is not so bad. If I am selecting the team Dhoni would be on the bench and Dinesh would play. Strictly rewarding merit here. He should be thankful that I have put him on the bench. Last year I left him at home.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, kira said:

Make the votes visible, I want to see which idiot voted for both odis and t20s, it's probably velu or his pet dog rasgulla but still want to confirm

As for velu- he’s sensible when push comes to shove. Most of his pro Dhoni trolling is to tease us- some of it is quite funny too eg Srini mama scarface pic. But re: others, less said the better 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mancalledsting said:

As for velu- he’s sensible when push comes to shove. Most of his pro Dhoni trolling is to tease us- some of it is quite funny too eg Srini mama scarface pic. But re: others, less said the better 

Yeah, I like @velu 's trolling, he's at least funny with his trolling but his chamcha gang is very dumb, that's why I usually troll his chamcha gang:-D

Share this post


Link to post

Dhoni will play atleast till 2023
Luck hai toh he will be there in 2027 too
Infact , Dhoni/Kohli/Rohit/Dhawan/Hardik/Chahal/Bumrah/Bhuvneswar will play till they are 40 and even a tortoise can run in a better speed than they can bowl/bat/field/stump.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post



Reality check for ICFers
 
Indian team for the 2089 ICC WC
1. Not yet born
2. Not yet born
3. Not yet born
4. Not yet born
5. Not yet born
6. MSD
7. Not yet born
8. Not yet born
9. Not yet born
10. Not yet born
11. Not yet born
 
Courtesy twitter.


ROFLMAO...


Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Reality check for ICFers

 

Indian team for the 2089 ICC WC

1. Not yet born

2. Not yet born

3. Not yet born

4. Not yet born

5. Not yet born

6. MSD

7. Not yet born

8. Not yet born

9. Not yet born

10. Not yet born

11. Not yet born

 

Courtesy twitter.

what's aapka twitter handle ?

Share this post


Link to post
Reality check for ICFers
 
Indian team for the 2089 ICC WC
1. Not yet born
2. Not yet born
3. Not yet born
4. Not yet born
5. Not yet born
6. MSD
7. Not yet born
8. Not yet born
9. Not yet born
10. Not yet born
11. Not yet born
 
Courtesy twitter.
This is the best trolling I have seen on Dhoni. I am sure, he will retire,incase he sees this post.
Btw, he will come on to field with 2 bats.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post

His performances were good in ODI and under his captaincy we did win WC.  Also being multiskilled he balanced the team well for many years.So I was very happy about his contribution to Indian cricket. Immense respect for years. In fact I rated him as a player and captain a lot than what many Indian fans did over here on this forum. 

 

That respect is now gone down the drain. Match fixing allegations - a match where CSK were told to score exactly 140. His defence of GM who was found to be involved in illegal activities. No matter how many runs one score, catches one takes, integrity matters . He's real sheet at that. And I say it again he's one of the worst cricketer ever to play a sport. You cannot defend culprits knowingly as well as fail to report lots of things which bought shame to a great tournament like IPL.  

 

Since last two years, I put him in same class of Azhar, Salman Butt, Jadeja, Asif, Cronje.

 

I cannot rely upon him as an Indian player to give his 100 percent anymore.  Supporting such a cricketer is a big No for me now.

Edited by Straight Drive

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/12/2018 at 3:08 PM, Number said:

What I dislike is the excess credit swindling. His PR has been overactive in creating a superhero image of him post 2011. They have completely ignored contributions from Yuvraj Zaheer Sachin Gambhir Sehwag Harbhajan and attributed the 2011 win solely to MSD's superpowers. Then his non-commitment to overseas tests, going 90s way of preparing bunsen burners at home, Rhiti sports etc. made it very difficult to be a fan of him.

both yuvraj n gambhir have gotten enough credit, infact yuvraj was always considered in team for his Wc exploits. 

Zak was one guy who didnt get his due 

 

But it happens , look at 2007 t20 WC

irfan, rp  both didnt get the credit they deserve 

 

In india its superstar n batsman who take all the credit 

 

Infact some one like dhawan who has been outstanding in world tournament hasnt got the credit he deserves and even jaddu for CT2013 ( no one even talks about him )

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×