I hate bowlers !!!

velu

30 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

I think only Zak put him in his place. As long as Zak was in the team he set his own field and also the field of the other pace bowlers. Trouble with fast bowling tactics started when Zak retired...

Especially fast bowlers.  He has little idea about it.  Bowlers do have their natural length. I remember on England tour, he was asking Aaron to bowl short consistently and Aaron was not happy with this predictable tactic.  Same thing was on Aus tour when they started bowling short to Johnson at Gabba when we had the foot on their throat.  

1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

Score was above par. OMG what a statement.

Butter must be laughing at that. Chris Gayle, Kane Williamson and Dhawan would be wishing the opponent captains consider 185 as above par. Which era is he playing in. 1990's? 

Problem is lot of players live in past. What was good then is considered good today. No wonder some teams are found short of runs at end of innings. 

Par, above par scores depend on the pitch. You cant say 200 is par every game, but yes, this pitch was better than the last game where KXIP could not chase 158. Last game 160 was a par score.  In Hyderabad 170-175 is a par score. At Wankhede, even 200 is below par.  Same at Chinnaswamy when it is flat and when ball turns 170 becomes par like game against MI at Chinnaswamy.  Same way in Pune on one flat pitch against DD, par score was 200 and on the other pitch that was turning and slow, in the game against RCB, par score became 150.  For SRH bowlers 177 would have been an above par score on this pitch.

Edited by rkt.india

10 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

He has no idea how to use fast bowlers. Never has and never will. Strangling opposition with spin on slow pitches is the only thing he is good at. Sometimes I think dhoni , as good a wk batsman as he has been, is as massively overrated here as certain Shahid Khan Afridi is across the border. 

you dont even need to anything on spinning because pitch and the bowlers do everything.

27 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

He has no idea how to use fast bowlers. Never has and never will. Strangling opposition with spin on slow pitches is the only thing he is good at. Sometimes I think dhoni , as good a wk batsman as he has been, is as massively overrated here as certain Shahid Khan Afridi is across the border. 

He looks good with spin bowlers because we have world class spinners and they do not need any other assistance if wickets are favoring spinners at home. So it's the quality of spin bowlers who exploit spin assisting wickets well make him look good rather than Dhoni being good captain of spinners.

Edited by Straight Drive

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

The problem with Dhoni is he wants bowlers to do what he wants rather than let them do what they want to do.

Which is, just get by and win the match.If they lose because they did not bowl like programmed robots or if opposition batted better.....then the bowlers are wrong because they did not follow the ringmasters instructions.

Don't try something new , don't use brain, don't  experiment , don't evolve and grow.

Just bowl how I want you to bowl .

Had it not been for ipl...

Bhuvi would still be a new ball bowler who can only ball in first ten overs.

2 hours ago, asterix said:

Have you ever heard Rohit Sharma throwing his bowlers under the bus publicly? The guy too has lost many matches but has won more trophies than Dhoni in IPL/CL combined. This year too his team has struggled throughout however never seen him bitching about his bowlers and talking about plans and execution BS...

Always found him taking collective blame for losses. Yes he's struggled with his form. But I find him more composed than Dhoni. Imagine what would've Dhoni done if his team lost 5-6 matches in row... The less I talk about another captain, Kohli the better...

And no I'm not saying that Rohit is any better captain at international level as currently he might struggle to deserve a place as player in the team...

Yeah how did hitman come into this all of a sudden. This is turning into a bambi fan thread. Of course he will be ok with his "struggling" record and "composed" look when he has bambani and his money by the side. This is the third time such "comebacks" happened in bambi cricket. Most of the other team fans know how it happened. False footage and umpiring decisions are the main reason for your comeback. I like how you weave your bambis into this thread. Go on :laugh:

PS: I like how you were a few weeks ago. quitting bambi team and joining CSK team. we dont need bandwagoners like you. and how you used to start all jinx threads. such a sore loser :hysterical:

Edited by Garuda

20 minutes ago, Garuda said:

Yeah how did hitman come into this all of a sudden. This is turning into a bambi fan thread. Of course he will be ok with his "struggling" record and "composed" look when he has bambani and his money by the side. This is the third time such "comebacks" happened in bambi cricket. Most of the other team fans know how it happened. False footage and umpiring decisions are the main reason for your comeback. I like how you weave your bambis into this thread. Go on :laugh:

PS: I like how you were a few weeks ago. quitting bambi team and joining CSK team. we dont need bandwagoners like you. and how you used to start all jinx threads. such a sore loser :hysterical:

You take ipl banter too seriously.

This is fun time for icfers where we troll , have banter and pull each others leg.

We support our preferred teams and root against  our dushman teams.

You are missing the essence of ipl banter on icf and unnecessarily getting heart burn.

Edited by beetle

10 hours ago, Garuda said:

I've spotted this behavior since he blamed Umesh a few years ago. Captain Cool is loosing his cool. This maybe the beginning of the end. :frown:

Have u seen how he reacted at the end of 19th over to Willey as if he did crime. Simillarly in a match before to bravo. Everytime if someone doesn't bowl the way he want he goes complete nuts and then take them on in media.

22 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Bravo's mistake is the big noticeable reaction while others around him kept it low. 

True. Fleming laughed but with his hand on mouth. The other bald guy was also laughing a bit. 

Later in that match Rayudu started using frustrated hands when Bravo got to hit in death overs. He did that twice while fielding at long on. Trying to get Dhoni notice while doing so. 

It's a rift in team. Bravo won't give a damn as he has contracts with Big Bash, PSL, Vitality Blast etc etc. Some IPL franchisee will bid for him at even more than what he must be getting now. What does Fleming do if he gets sidelined? Don't think he will be at much loss either. 

Edited by Straight Drive

2 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Bravo's mistake is the big noticeable reaction while others around him kept it low. 

What was so upsetting about Bravo laughing? Can't he take in in good spirit.

Kane was smiling when Pant was taking apart his best bowler.

Even Bhuvi smiled looking at Pant standing half way down the pitch waiting for him to  bowl the last ball.

I remember kohli smiling at bhuvi when he took Gayle's wicket when gayle was in rcb.

Edited by beetle

Can someone share the "Real" source of rift between Bravo and MSD?  

Nobody knows the real reason. One can’t be sure if there’s a rift or not. But yes, after MI beat CSK at Pune, Dhoni’s way of using Bravo changed. Bravo now only gets one or two overs to bat. Sometimes only few balls...

He’s also given death overs to bowl. And in these conditions even Worlds top T20 bowlers can fail, especially backed by old age fielders and batsmen (who can’t be blamed because a Captain has decided to assemble old age players as team).

But when you start shaming them in public, players like Bravo, who always gives more than 100%, will start taking it easy... He’s not like Indian players who like to be subjugated by Dhoni as personal servants...

9 minutes ago, asterix said:

Nobody knows the real reason. One can’t be sure if there’s a rift or not. But yes, after MI beat CSK at Pune, Dhoni’s way of using Bravo changed. Bravo now only gets one or two overs to bat. Sometimes only few balls...
He’s also given death overs to bowl. And in these conditions even Worlds top T20 bowlers can fail, especially backed by old age fielders and batsmen (who can’t be blamed because a Captain has decided to assemble old age players as team).

This line up is full of in form batsmen. They are all in top 10 batsmen of this season. Obviously that will result in lower order not getting enough batting time. What is wrong in that? Start of the season, they made it clear that Jaddu will be given more batting time, so he was given chance in couple of games. They failed, they retracted it. So I would say very smart of the management to learn from its mistakes.

Aur Bravo death mein nahi daalega toh kab daalega bhai...lol He is the world's best death bowler, let him bowl there. And he and others have not been able to bowl well is very much out there for everyone to see. What is wrong in admitting that our bowling is the one of the worst this season. I think even the statistics shows the same. If you hide that thing, then also its a problem. If you admit it, then also its a problem. kya hai

And yes, fielding has been really bad. Dhoni's drop yesterday was as bad as it can get. Easy catch missed. Overall very un athletic side because of oldies and the few who are good they also messed up. Eg Jaddu in KKR game. 

I also dont like this modern day angry style of captaining. Loved how he was in captain cool days. Just like Virat is learning to become calm like him, he is learning all this over aggression and making faces on the field n all like Virat n co. 

And this team still has punched above their weight this season. A team full of oldies and cast outs, should have been reeling at the bottom like DDs and RCBs, but they are still reaching playoffs above everyone else is enough reason to admire their "never say die attitude". You MI fans are just jealous creating fake theories of rift between players n all.