maniac

So much talent and yet disgusting to see hasbeens

1 hour ago, UnknownGenius said:

Has beens like Rohit Sharma, ishant Sharma need to step away from international Indian cricket

Nobody should step away from international cricket and representing their country.

It is the selectors jobs to not pick them . All selections should always be based on form.

2 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

Nobody should step away from international cricket and representing their country.

It is the selectors jobs to not pick them . All selections should always be based on form.

Can you keep your ideas of what it should be for a moment and think about what is. Ishant has played 81 tests with a shitty record. We have a self serving system. Whoever has power uses the system like a buffet. Selectors, BCCI, player agents, advertising agencies, all of them are involved in the selection of a player and who should be playing.

23 minutes ago, Garuda said:

Can you keep your ideas of what it should be for a moment and think about what is. Ishant has played 81 tests with a shitty record. We have a self serving system. Whoever has power uses the system like a buffet. Selectors, BCCI, player agents, advertising agencies, all of them are involved in the selection of a player and who should be playing.

What it is has nothing to do with any player deciding if they are picked for India or not.

Fix your system.

Selectors select, players play when selected .

This is representing your country NOT some game in the park between friends.

You give a while list of reasons of why Indian selections are compromised but your idea is for players to step down ..smdh !!!

21 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

What it is has nothing to do with any player deciding if they are picked for India or not.

Fix your system.

Selectors select, players play when selected .

This is representing your country NOT some game in the park between friends.

You give a while list of reasons of why Indian selections are compromised but your idea is for players to step down ..smdh !!!

Which country are you from? Did you migrate out of Indian or subcontinent to your country? Is your ethnicity from these places? Why are you interested in Indian cricket?

I ask you because we dont have that much representation from other countrymen. This is not a good place for constructive arguments about "team" selection. I lived in the US and I'm back in India. I have tried reasoning and I have failed. Kinda represents the whole subcontinent in essence. Fixing any system needs cooperation amongst its people and thereby never gonna take place here.

I have never argued for players to step down. I'm telling it like it is. Australia will always be the best team in the world despite their ugly behavior.

2 minutes ago, Garuda said:

Which country are you from? Did you migrate out of Indian or subcontinent to your country? Is your ethnicity from these places? Why are you interested in Indian cricket?

I ask you because we dont have that much representation from other countrymen. This is not a good place for constructive arguments about "team" selection. I lived in the US and I'm back in India. I have tried reasoning and I have failed. Kinda represents the whole subcontinent in essence. Fixing any system needs cooperation amongst its people and thereby never gonna take place here.

I have never argued for players to step down. I'm telling it like it is. Australia will always be the best team in the world despite their ugly behavior.

Not Indian, 

My interest  is that I played with and against many Indian and a few are very good friends , I now do a bit of coaching with state under age players , 

In India at the moment 

Fully aware of the system here and why. 

3 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Not Indian, 

My interest  is that I played with and against many Indian and a few are very good friends , I now do a bit of coaching with state under age players , 

In India at the moment 

Fully aware of the system here and why. 

Not Indian is not a convincing reply bro. Answer all the questions in my previous post. I find your occupation a bit hard to believe. A person who coaches will present full info on his profile. And more importantly they would not be hanging on a forum talking about player selection. He would be busy doing his coaching.

12 minutes ago, Garuda said:

Not Indian is not a convincing reply bro. Answer all the questions in my previous post. I find your occupation a bit hard to believe. A person who coaches will present full info on his profile. And more importantly they would not be hanging on a forum talking about player selection. He would be busy doing his coaching.

Sorry " bro" but I don't need to justify myself to you .

A few on here know exactly my credentials , so let's leave it like that 

1 minute ago, Tattieboy said:

Good. Now we know where you are from :biggrin:.

41 minutes ago, Garuda said:

That's right keep pressing troll , you stupid little boy :two_thumbs_up:

3 hours ago, Bilal78 said:

You guys need our Selector, Inzi, there is so much talent in bowling and batting yet the guy selects Kaul?? Yes kaul is selected, I’m not saying he is bad but he isn’t top notch as compared to the other Indian fast bowlers and Rayudu is persisted with whilst there is no sign of Rishabh Pant and Samson in the T20 teams.

It must be extremely frustrating.

Is your account hacked or You drunk mate??

The other day I the SKY TV they were discussing about amazing talent India is producing. They’re at a loss to understand why BCCI not giving them chances in the upcoming tour to England and World Cup...

The conclusion of the discussion was: Its very difficult to break in to the ODI & T20 side because of competition and few players are being accommodated for a farewell tour of England.

They also discussed about M$D continuing in T20 team when the likes of Pant, Samson etc are knocking the door...

Exactly the things we discuss here, day in and out...

1 hour ago, asterix said:

The other day I the SKY TV they were discussing about amazing talent India is producing. They’re at a loss to understand why BCCI not giving them chances in the upcoming tour to England and World Cup...

The conclusion of the discussion was: Its very difficult to break in to the ODI & T20 side because of competition and few players are being accommodated for a farewell tour of England.

They also discussed about M$D continuing in T20 team when the likes of Pant, Samson etc are knocking the door...

As per cheer leaders they are Sachin chamcha/ Dhoni heaters.

By current form your rohit is blocking one slot than dhonj

On 5/13/2018 at 1:17 PM, Tattieboy said:

Tattieboy, for the first time I am on your side, I know your credentials :biggrin:, ignore these chamchas  

By current form your rohit is blocking one slot than dhonj

That’s so unfortunate. And I’ve said this many times, his connection with Bunty Sajdeh is harming the team. He’s not in good form for long now.
Kohli, Sashtri & selectors should’ve taken a hard look at his selection toon.

The guy is a power play dismissal candidate. Either LBW, bowled or caught behind. And doesn’t looks like he’s at all worried or ashamed of it.

55 minutes ago, kira said:

Tattieboy, for the first time I am on your side, I know your credentials :biggrin:, ignore these chamchas  

Awwwwwww Kira and here was me thinking we would never agree on anything :biggrin:

On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 4:04 PM, velu said:

By current form rohit is blocking one slot than Dhoni 

On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 4:17 PM, asterix said:

That’s so unfortunate.

The guy is a power play dismissal candidate. Either LBW, bowled or caught behind. And doesn’t looks like he’s at all worried or ashamed of it.

The issue is not whether Dhoni or Rohit deserve to be selected based on current form / ability.

The issue is that Dhoni and Rohit are getting selected / will get selected irrespective of their current form and current ability.

And we will see the same thing happening with Kohli and other future superstars when their ability and form drop or become doubtful.

12 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The issue is not whether Dhoni or Rohit deserve to be selected based on current form / ability.

The issue is that Dhoni and Rohit are getting selected / will get selected irrespective of their current form and current ability.

And we will see the same thing happening with Kohli and other future superstars when their ability and form drop or become doubtful.

Because with ever increasing Fame these so called Sooooperstars loose the "shame"....no matter what ,they have their brand to feast on..

On 5/13/2018 at 1:53 PM, Bilal78 said:

You guys need our Selector, Inzi, there is so much talent in bowling and batting yet the guy selects Kaul?? Yes kaul is selected, I’m not saying he is bad but he isn’t top notch as compared to the other Indian fast bowlers and Rayudu is persisted with whilst there is no sign of Rishabh Pant and Samson in the T20 teams.

It must be extremely frustrating.

That's why your team just scraped past Ireland :) Fancy playing Afghanistan in a Test match

11 hours ago, express bowling said:

coz they are the core team, u cnt change the core 1 yr before the wc

11 hours ago, express bowling said:

and rightly so, no player remains same his whole life. Dip in ability in old age is compensated by experience. As long as that player doesnt become liability and is contributing their is no harm

11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

and rightly so, no player remains same his whole life. Dip in ability in old age is compensated by experience. As long as that player doesnt become liability and is contributing their is no harm

Lol wut? Are you Ravi Shastri’s drinking buddy

13 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

05onfire1_xp-articleLarge-v2.jpg

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Lol wut? Are you Ravi Shastri’s drinking buddy

not mine, but ignorance is urs

isnt it the case, has been happening since ages n will keep happening . At the end of the day its about contributing . 

n do u really expect a cricketer to be same whole life........hows that even possible 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

not mine, but ignorance is urs

isnt it the case, has been happening since ages n will keep happening . At the end of the day its about contributing . 

n do u really expect a cricketer to be same whole life........hows that even possible 

What nonsense is that....Why should I sympathize and be satisfied that oh this poor guy is growing old?

If  you are not good enough you are not good enough period!

We had 3 of the greatest batsmen we produced in 2011 Eng and Aus...the collective experience combined  was unheard of...how did they fare or their “experience” help?

If a cricketer is not the same and has a dip in form he should be dropped, if he is old should retire...why is it that complicated? 

9 hours ago, maniac said:

What nonsense is that....Why should I sympathize and be satisfied that oh this poor guy is growing old?

who is asking for sympathy.....its juts ull get something if ur loosing something

a youngster will lack experience but will give u energy on field

a aging player will loose reflexes but his experience he will find ways to counter it

If a cricketer is not the same and has a dip in form he should be dropped, if he is old should retire...why is it that complicated? 

No cricketer is same ever, 

Sachin was not same sachin from 2000-07 phase compare to 90s, and he was different from 2007-11

Cricket is a human sport stop finding so much which ull never get. Rarely ull get it all from anyone and when u do thats called purple patch n purple patches dnt last life time

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

who is asking for sympathy.....its juts ull get something if ur loosing something

a youngster will lack experience but will give u energy on field

a aging player will loose reflexes but his experience he will find ways to counter it

No cricketer is same ever, 

Sachin was not same sachin from 2000-07 phase compare to 90s, and he was different from 2007-11

Cricket is a human sport stop finding so much which ull never get. Rarely ull get it all from anyone and when u do thats called purple patch n purple patches dnt last life time

Sachin miight not be same but he was scoring runs.  Even Dhoni has not been the same from 2005-2008 and then 2008 to till now but there is a time when you have to go even if you can play good innings here and there. if old ones dont go, ho wwill new ones come and get that experience.

Just now, rkt.india said:

Sachin miight not be same but he was scoring runs.  Even Dhoni has not been the same from 2005-2008 and then 2008 to till now but there is a time when you have to go even if you can play good innings here and there. if old ones dont go, ho wwill new ones come and get that experience.

thats what i said, as long as he is contributing and most importantly not becoming a liability . IF a youngster is good enough he ll make his way ......

9 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

As long as that player doesnt become liability and is contributing their is no harm

Those youngsters also need seniors to help them , a good team is always a blend of experience n youth. 

Why do u think wasim waqar n most pakistani players sing praises to imran , most indian cricketer do to tendulkar.....

something we ppl will never understand sitting out is the help they give to them 

29 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

thats what i said, as long as he is contributing and most importantly not becoming a liability . IF a youngster is good enough he ll make his way ......

Yeah! He will come to the stadium, snatch the bat from Dhoni and play. :nice: Dhoni is kachcha limbu. Isn't counted in playing eleven.

11 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Not talking about just before World Cup ...  but the general principle involved while choosing superstars.

11 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

No one expects a player to remain the same his whole life. 

Ideally speaking, while choosing teams, one should choose the BEST 6 batsmen, BEST 4 bowlers and BEST keeper or whatever the desired combination is.

The question is not whether a player is contributing or has become a liability  ...  the question is whether he still qualifies as the BEST 6 batsmen etc.  for that series or a couple of series.

5 hours ago, Bilal78 said:

No, you took it the wrong way, it’s just that a lot of your players are talented whilst they are not getting any chances, Rahul is better than every Pakistan ODI Batsman already apart from Babar and Fakhar however he isn’t even playing in ODIs, our talented players are playing for Pakistan, as a fan you would rather loose matches with youngsters than carrying the same old, same old names like (Rahane In ODIs) and Rayudu who is good but maybe Sanju Samson or Pant could have been tried out, instead of Kaul Shivam Mavi could have been taken all I am saying is your selectors need to back youth more.

By the Way the Test against Ireland must have been fun as it was exciting, no test victory should be taken for granted.

Yup you are right here,off late selectors have been too conservative with their approach,There was time when raw talent was given a run in the team eg Kohli,Ishant,Jadeja ,Raina, etc but for last few years it has all become a predicted process one can assume beforehand who will make it and who will not,but Pakistan is somehow doing right thing by giving exposure to their younger players right at the start,I know it can be debated but I feel there are some players who are more than ready to don the blue jersey but cant make it unfortunately

On 5/24/2018 at 1:29 AM, Bilal78 said:

No, you took it the wrong way, it’s just that a lot of your players are talented whilst they are not getting any chances, Rahul is better than every Pakistan ODI Batsman already apart from Babar and Fakhar however he isn’t even playing in ODIs, our talented players are playing for Pakistan, as a fan you would rather loose matches with youngsters than carrying the same old, same old names like (Rahane In ODIs) and Rayudu who is good but maybe Sanju Samson or Pant could have been tried out, instead of Kaul Shivam Mavi could have been taken all I am saying is your selectors need to back youth more.

By the Way the Test against Ireland must have been fun as it was exciting, no test victory should be taken for granted.

Rahane has been dropped from ODIs and Rahul and Rayudu are there, also Rohit is dropped from Tests. I hope Pant gets selected soon, if not as a keeper then just a batsman who can hit from ball one, like Dhoni from 2004-06.

Guest, sign in to access all features.