Sign in to follow this  
Stradlater

Is this the best bollywood song of the decade?

I am not really into the Bollywood movies or music esp the contemporary one and tend to avoid them as much as I can.

Yesterday while browsing YouTube I came across this gem from Arijit and Alka. The number of views(around 130 million) alone were enough to rouse my  curiosity and I decided to give it a shot and boy was it worth it.

Was completely blown away by the music, lyrics and the beautiful, melodious voice of both the singers.

Even moistend my eyes a bit(was bit drunk)

Been listening to it on a loop since.

Is it the best bollywood song of decade?

@Mariyam @beetle

Edit: Here's the link to it 

https://youtu.be/sK7riqg2mr4

Edited by Stradlater

7 hours ago, Stradlater said:

I am not really into the Bollywood movies or music esp the contemporary one and tend to avoid them as much as I can.

Yesterday while browsing YouTube I came across this gem from Arijit and Alka. The number of views(around 130 million) alone were enough to rouse my  curiosity and I decided to give it a shot and boy was it worth it.

Was completely blown away by the music, lyrics and the beautiful, melodious voice of both the singers.

@Mariyam @beetle

Yes

On 5/13/2018 at 11:46 AM, Stradlater said:

@Mariyam @beetle

Good song no doubt, but best of the decade? Not by far.

From the top of my head, the songs liked more this decade:

Rashq-e-Qamar

Saibo (from Shor in the city)

All Aashiqui 2 songs

Sadi gali

Kabira

Balam Pichkari

12 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Good song no doubt, but best of the decade? Not by far.

From the top of my head, the songs liked more this decade:

Rashq-e-Qamar

Saibo (from Shor in the city)

All Aashiqui 2 songs

Sadi gali

Kabira

Balam Pichkari

That Rashq e Qamar was a cheap rip off. Sounded horrible with Rahat singing it. From the rest I have only listened to Aashiqi songs and they were decent I guess.

4 hours ago, Stradlater said:

That Rashq e Qamar was a cheap rip off. Sounded horrible with Rahat singing it. From the rest I have only listened to Aashiqi songs and they were decent I guess.

Maybe a bad rip off of the Nusrat original but still in my favourite songs of this decade.

I missed out on Dhinka chika dhinka chika ( from Ready)

And Dangal Dangal!

Its good but no where near best of the decade man come on.

Ive stopped following Bolly music but every year for the four or five till 2016 ive posted a best of list, didnt do it for 2017

Number of songs on those are better than this. It was 21st on my list of 2015 (looking back on that list now there was more than a few questionable picks in it ) but still several better songs just from that year, not to mention other years

Some of my faves include Bekharan from Saath Khoon Maaf, Phir Le Aaya Dil from Barfi, Banjaara from EK villain 

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@Sooda

Will we see a best of 2018 thread? 

:pray:

:-)

I Dont think so Mariyam. I'm really not in touch anymore and tbh don't think I'm going to be anytime again.

Btw one of my other faves from this decade is Madno (don't remember the movie, it was set in Kashmir)

2 hours ago, Sooda said:

:-)

I Dont think so Mariyam. I'm really not in touch anymore and tbh don't think I'm going to be anytime again.

Btw one of my other faves from this decade is Madno (don't remember the movie, it was set in Kashmir)

TBH, music has been very average in last 1-2 years. i too dont remember many songs that can be called good.