Zaheer Khan clocks 145 kph easily.

gator

The WC season really does bring out the best in the Khan.... Yesterday, he was virtually unhittable in the death, while he was pulling out yorkers at will..... atm, in world cricket, cant think of many who bowl it so consistently at the death apart from Malinga and Lee to an extent(half are beamers)..... But what was heartening was his first spell, where he clocked 145kph easily and was averaging 140kph.... mind you, this is with indian speed guns... with the flattering aussie speedguns, he would be seen as clocking 150+ kph....

Re: Zaheer Khan clocks 145 kph easily. yup I was above to start thread on this topic. Was pleasantly surprised to see Zaheer cross 140 mark yesterday...He hasnt done anything wrong after making comeback..Looks like dropping him for a year did wonders to his attitude.

Re: Zaheer Khan clocks 145 kph easily.

yup I was above to start thread on this topic. Was pleasantly surprised to see Zaheer cross 140 mark yesterday...He hasnt done anything wrong after making comeback..Looks like dropping him for a year did wonders to his attitude.
He did start off the first ODI (or was it the 2nd?) with an awful 15 run first over. When he gets his line right, he has been excellent.

Re: Zaheer Khan clocks 145 kph easily. I remember something that Irfan Pathan once said about Zaheer Khan. It has always stuck in my mind. Pathan had mentioned, and I paraphrase, "Never let the batsman get to you. Even if he scores a 100 or hits 6 four you can always get him out the next ball". I must say it made my opinion of Zaheer go up by quite much. He does look like that kind of bowler. Even though he gets hit his shoulders doesnt droop. Hopefully he has struck his rythm and would do wonders for India in WC.

Re: Zaheer Khan clocks 145 kph easily. Plenty of egg over all our faces ! I wrote the guy off completely and didn't give him a hope in hell of making a successful comeback. This wasn't a statement without reason however, given that he had been bowling like a mong for 2 years after returning from his hamstring injury in the '04 Pak Tour. His dismal performances in the '06 Pak Tour were meant to be final nail in the coffin, but an imperious county season with Worcestershire really did him a world of good. He seems to be bowling as well as he has ever done; and no longer looks like a lardarse. If he can replicate his '03 WC form, India's bowling attack will look as good as any other team's. This guy took 18 wickets at the last WC and bowled some sizzling spells against England and NZ (remember that 90 mph ball which wrecked McCullum's stumps ?). With a fit and firing Zaheer - India can afford to sit out Pathan because Zak essentially performs the same role Pathan normally did - ie; making those crucial early break-throughs to neutralise the opposition's top order. Lage raho ZAK !!! 133641.jpg

Re: Zaheer Khan clocks 145 kph easily. From the horses' mouth; http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indvsl/content/current/story/280392.html

He is one of two high-profile players making a comeback return in the past few months and his return has been overshadowed by that of Sourav Ganguly, yet Zaheer has quietly and surely made the most difference to India's performance. The comeback has not come without hard work; he put in the hard yards in county and domestic cricket to earn his call-up. "It's been a long season for me," Zaheer said, before pointing out the positives in that. "I have been able to hit the length consistently because I have bowled so many overs. I have been able to keep up the match fitness and practice. I have kept the rhythm going because I haven't taken any break for the last one year now."

Re: Zaheer Khan clocks 145 kph easily. Same here Pred, initially a big fan of Zaheer but gave up couple of years ago when he usually started his spell bowling the first ball down the leg and the second way outside off. I had written Zaheer off then and as I have often said Srinath continued to say he was the best bowler India had even at that time. I guess Srinath knew him well enough, watched him from close quarters and knew what he was talking about. I should have taken a clue then :hic: Glad to see Zaheer come back with vengeance, he looks very enthusiastic and looks like he is thoroughly enjoying the sport. Sometimes under pressure you tend to not enjoy the sport and then it becomes something of another day in the park. It is hard to be enthused about playing every day with passion but when in good form that comes naturally. I can see that in Zaheer.

Re: Zaheer Khan clocks 145 kph easily. i will go ahead and write off Nehra and challenge to be proven wrong.... A 145 kph Zak, a 135 kph Mcgrathesque Munaf and a 140 kph reverse swinging Aggy and the Turbanator are more than enuf, if the batters dont let us down.....

Re: Zaheer Khan clocks 145 kph easily. i saw zaheer bowl at oval maidan in bombay when i was in 10th.. that time he was just new to the cricket team(2002??), he was bowling soo fast :eek: . we could hardly see the ball... saw agarkar bowling at brabourne stadium when we had our schools athetics finals, (this was 2000-2001), he was bowling at 1 stump, and hitting it consistantly, was bowling yorkers on 1 stump.. i was stumped :huh: , if he could do it there, why is he so wayward in real games sometimes :wall:

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Zaheer Khan clocks 145 kph easily. As Ravi mentioned Srinath thinks Zaheer is the best bowler we got in india and ti seems Srinath knows a thing or two about bowling.. Well done Zaheere lage raho till world cup at least :wtg: