KL Rahul's batting is absolute treat to watch

Trichromatic

8 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Others may score more than him, hit more sixes than him, hack more and have more fan girls, but his batting has easily been most pleasing to the eyes.

Only Kohli is that good to watch.

Rest are either boring (Rahane, Dhoni, Rohit) or look like brute force (Pant, Kishan).

No Kohli is no way as good to watch.  In fact, Williasmson is better in batting style.

1 minute ago, MechEng said:

Off topic but I wanted to know when are we playing Sri Lanka in ODIs next? I want to see Rohit Sharma torture them again with his 4th 200 or maybe a triple this time.

Does it make me a sadist if I like watching Rohit torture SL?

Not at all. 

26 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Others may score more than him, hit more sixes than him, hack more and have more fan girls, but his batting has easily been most pleasing to the eyes.

Only Kohli is that good to watch.

Rest are either boring (Rahane, Dhoni, Rohit) or look like brute force (Pant, Kishan).

Rohit is very good to watch too. 
I would not say Kohli is good to watch but rather he is much more effective. That is I feel secured when Kohli is batting that he will give me a good contribution before he gets out and mostly his wicket has to be taken by opposition and will never be gifted away. 

With Rohit, atleast once upon a time it is only a matter of time he gives his wicket away to the opposition. Now a days, it is not so and he plays dots (if you meant that it is boring I will agree). When in decent form and when he is timing well, he is pretty good. Very much like early years VVS who used to very good on his good days and very pathetic otherwise. 

16 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

Rohit is very good to watch too. 
I would not say Kohli is good to watch but rather he is much more effective. That is I feel secured when Kohli is batting that he will give me a good contribution before he gets out and mostly his wicket has to be taken by opposition and will never be gifted away. 

With Rohit, atleast once upon a time it is only a matter of time he gives his wicket away to the opposition. Now a days, it is not so and he plays dots (if you meant that it is boring I will agree). When in decent form and when he is timing well, he is pretty good. Very much like early years VVS who used to very good on his good days and very pathetic otherwise. 

Kohli is peculiar.

I really like batsmen 

--  Whose game is based on proper cricketing shots and proper technique.

--  Who are strokemakers

--  Are really good test batsmen but are good in LOIs too.

--  Are good against pace and bounce.

-- Are Indian.

Tendulkar obviously qualified.

Kohli and Rahul do too.

Gill  and Samson have the potential ... and Shaw if he rectifies his backfoot dragback issue.

These are the guys I hope to see playing long for India and doing well.

Edited by express bowling

IMO its not about elegance only, for me its about how a batsman toys with opposition . So 

1. kohli is an absolute treat to watch- he is so quick on the ball, his freak fitness has made sure his reflxes are fast and it shows. Some of the shots he plays are unbelievable . Their is an arrogance in his batting that i absolutely love 

2. smith- many people find him an eye sore but not me. He bats with one the most clear mindset. Knws when to be on front foot when on back. His extension of the arms, the way he reaches the ball. He toys with the bowling thats why he is the best test batsman

those lazy elegant category ones like rohit n nair are pleasing when in flow but many days they come across as careless to. So ill watch someone who does it consistently 

He's a natural talent with how he hits 4s and 6s, and with now the players are giving more priority to fitness and fielding, I'd say he's the true successor to Sachin and may even surpass him.

Kohli is just too brutal with his consistency where as Rahul is a top-notch when it comes to strokemaking. Together with these two, Indian team will be a force but sadly some petty politics is stopping it from happening. 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

IMO its not about elegance only, for me its about how a batsman toys with opposition . So 

1. kohli is an absolute treat to watch- he is so quick on the ball, his freak fitness has made sure his reflxes are fast and it shows. Some of the shots he plays are unbelievable . Their is an arrogance in his batting that i absolutely love 

2. smith- many people find him an eye sore but not me. He bats with one the most clear mindset. Knws when to be on front foot when on back. His extension of the arms, the way he reaches the ball. He toys with the bowling thats why he is the best test batsman

those lazy elegant category ones like rohit n nair are pleasing when in flow but many days they come across as careless to. So ill watch someone who does it consistently 

Good to watch has nothing to do with being successful or being consistent.  Kohli is treat to watch? where? No, Kohli has a peculiar stiffness in his batting. His bat flow is stiff and very controlled that makes him effective but not very attractive. Him being bottom-hand player has a lot to do with this. Same with Smith. Smith is an ugly batsman, like Chanderpaul.  This thread is about elegance and attractiveness of the batsman and effectiveness.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Good to watch has nothing to do with being successful or being consistent.  Kohli is treat to watch? where? No, Kohli has a peculiar stiffness in his batting. His bat flow is stiff and very controlled that makes him effective but not very attractive. Him being bottom-hand player has a lot to do with this. Same with Smith. Smith is an ugly batsman, like Chanderpaul.  This thread is about elegance and attractiveness of the batsman and effectiveness.

You don't think Kohli's cover drive is beautiful to watch?

He's a natural talent with how he hits 4s and 6s, and with now the players are giving more priority to fitness and fielding, I'd say he's the true successor to Sachin and may even surpass him.

Kohli is just too brutal with his consistency where as Rahul is a top-notch when it comes to strokemaking. Together with these two, Indian team will be a force but sadly some petty politics is stopping it from happening. 

Rahul is now signed up with Bunty.
I hope he will be more consistent now.

To be frank, now I won't be even surprised if Rahul and Kohli becomes best friends LMFAOOO

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk