KXIP need to sack Ashwin as captain

mancalledsting

Ashwin as captain (KXIP fans only)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Ashwin as captain (KXIP fans only)

• Sack him immediately
    • Give him until end of the season and reasses
    • Definitely keep him long term

Most batsmen have decoded his deliveries- largely ineffective bowler in LOIs. 

As a batsmen/fielder he has zero value in t20 cricket. 

Cost a good amount of money, but has overseen the dramatic slide- inexplicable. 

His tactical jiggery pokery has cost his team games. 

Get rid of him 

Time to make KL Rahul Captain. Only KXIP fans on the poll please. 

Edited by mancalledsting

Can't change now. Next season I want to see KLR as captain, maybe captaincy will also make him more responsible, the last remaining jigsaw in his quest to become a great player. I said it in the beginning itself that Ashwin is too funky, like Baz and Clarke and unlike many I don't rate those 2 as great captains.

Bowling crap. Better work on it or say bye to your career. 

Onfield captaincy has been excellent except in rare occasions. 

Team selection needs work. 

He looks worse than he is because Kings XI have no middle order.

With a decent xi, i can see him doing well.

Even now, its not too late but he needs a bit of luck to arrest this slide. 

Manoj tiwari or some other bat must step up.

Rahul and Gayle have won them games with the batting and mujeeb and tye chipping in the bowling.  Nair hasn't been consistent and less said about agarwal the better.  Non existent middle and lack of good pacers was always the worry at the auction. mujeeb has outbowled ashwin. Need the middle order to chip in otherwise too dependent on rahul /gayle. ashwin has made some radical decisions with the team selection but i guess he's still learning..don't want to be too harsh on him but he's still trying to figure out the best starting xi and positions which doesn't appear too good.

mohali is the best suited for kxip batting. flat wicket and quick outfield so even nair and agarwal can play their shots. and they won all 3 matches at mohali as well

that said, 2 games remaining and they can turn it around. reach the playoffs and it's anyone's game from there on. win the cup and ashwin would be hailed a hero regardless of his contribution

Edited by PBN

13 minutes ago, PBN said:

Rahul and Gayle have won them games with the batting and mujeeb and tye chipping in the bowling.  Nair hasn't been consistent and less said about agarwal the better.  Non existent middle and lack of good pacers was always the worry at the auction. mujeeb has outbowled ashwin. Need the middle order to chip in otherwise too dependent on rahul /gayle. ashwin has made some radical decisions with the team selection but i guess he's still learning..don't want to be too harsh on him but he's still trying to figure out the best starting xi and positions which doesn't appear too good.

You need multiple players firing at the same time. Not just 2 or 3

I haven't looked at their squad closely , but there has to be few others they could try out to strengthen the lower middle order ? Agarwal and Nair are top order batsmen and so is finch . Basically their middle order is filled with batsmen who are not suited to play that role . Am surprised they haven't tried fixing it earlier.

Stonis guy looks like zaheer Khan while batting , why is he rated ?

4 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

I haven't looked at their squad closely , but there has to be few others they could try out to strengthen the lower middle order ? Agarwal and Nair are top order batsmen and so is finch . Basically their middle order is filled with batsmen who are not suited to play that role . Am surprised they haven't tried fixing it earlier.

Stonis guy looks like zaheer Khan while batting , why is he rated ?

Wow. Just brushed through their squad and actually there is no decent middle order bat , except for Thiwary . What were these guys thinking ? 

The only way they can win is if KL and Gayle score every match and finch finds some form

50 minutes ago, PBN said:

next game in mumbai so would be a decent track to bat on and help kxip. if mujeeb is also back, then it could be a tough one for mumbai

Punjab and RR have been a bit of bogey team for Mumbai at times. So Punjab has a great shot at it.

56 minutes ago, chewy said:

What I found annoying was this is India’s number 1 spinner and he was hiding behind some 17 y old Afghan kid

Most games Ashwin bowled between 8th to 14th over zone, probably the safest period 

In T20s he isn't even our no 6 bowler. He was good in this format till 2014 WT20 and then lost it.