Sign in to follow this  
mancalledsting

KXIP need to sack Ashwin as captain

Ashwin as captain (KXIP fans only)  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Ashwin as captain (KXIP fans only)

• Sack him immediately
    • Give him until end of the season and reasses
    • Definitely keep him long term

Most batsmen have decoded his deliveries- largely ineffective bowler in LOIs. 

As a batsmen/fielder he has zero value in t20 cricket. 

Cost a good amount of money, but has overseen the dramatic slide- inexplicable. 

His tactical jiggery pokery has cost his team games. 

Get rid of him 

Time to make KL Rahul Captain. Only KXIP fans on the poll please. 

Edited by mancalledsting

Can't change now. Next season I want to see KLR as captain, maybe captaincy will also make him more responsible, the last remaining jigsaw in his quest to become a great player. I said it in the beginning itself that Ashwin is too funky, like Baz and Clarke and unlike many I don't rate those 2 as great captains.

Bowling crap. Better work on it or say bye to your career. 

Onfield captaincy has been excellent except in rare occasions. 

Team selection needs work. 

He looks worse than he is because Kings XI have no middle order.

With a decent xi, i can see him doing well.

Even now, its not too late but he needs a bit of luck to arrest this slide. 

Manoj tiwari or some other bat must step up.

Rahul and Gayle have won them games with the batting and mujeeb and tye chipping in the bowling.  Nair hasn't been consistent and less said about agarwal the better.  Non existent middle and lack of good pacers was always the worry at the auction. mujeeb has outbowled ashwin. Need the middle order to chip in otherwise too dependent on rahul /gayle. ashwin has made some radical decisions with the team selection but i guess he's still learning..don't want to be too harsh on him but he's still trying to figure out the best starting xi and positions which doesn't appear too good.

mohali is the best suited for kxip batting. flat wicket and quick outfield so even nair and agarwal can play their shots. and they won all 3 matches at mohali as well

that said, 2 games remaining and they can turn it around. reach the playoffs and it's anyone's game from there on. win the cup and ashwin would be hailed a hero regardless of his contribution

Edited by PBN

13 minutes ago, PBN said:

Rahul and Gayle have won them games with the batting and mujeeb and tye chipping in the bowling.  Nair hasn't been consistent and less said about agarwal the better.  Non existent middle and lack of good pacers was always the worry at the auction. mujeeb has outbowled ashwin. Need the middle order to chip in otherwise too dependent on rahul /gayle. ashwin has made some radical decisions with the team selection but i guess he's still learning..don't want to be too harsh on him but he's still trying to figure out the best starting xi and positions which doesn't appear too good.

You need multiple players firing at the same time. Not just 2 or 3

I haven't looked at their squad closely , but there has to be few others they could try out to strengthen the lower middle order ? Agarwal and Nair are top order batsmen and so is finch . Basically their middle order is filled with batsmen who are not suited to play that role . Am surprised they haven't tried fixing it earlier.

Stonis guy looks like zaheer Khan while batting , why is he rated ?

4 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

I haven't looked at their squad closely , but there has to be few others they could try out to strengthen the lower middle order ? Agarwal and Nair are top order batsmen and so is finch . Basically their middle order is filled with batsmen who are not suited to play that role . Am surprised they haven't tried fixing it earlier.

Stonis guy looks like zaheer Khan while batting , why is he rated ?

Wow. Just brushed through their squad and actually there is no decent middle order bat , except for Thiwary . What were these guys thinking ? 

The only way they can win is if KL and Gayle score every match and finch finds some form

50 minutes ago, PBN said:

next game in mumbai so would be a decent track to bat on and help kxip. if mujeeb is also back, then it could be a tough one for mumbai

Punjab and RR have been a bit of bogey team for Mumbai at times. So Punjab has a great shot at it.

56 minutes ago, chewy said:

What I found annoying was this is India’s number 1 spinner and he was hiding behind some 17 y old Afghan kid

Most games Ashwin bowled between 8th to 14th over zone, probably the safest period 

In T20s he isn't even our no 6 bowler. He was good in this format till 2014 WT20 and then lost it.

2 hours ago, Zelig said:

i'm with ashwin on this one. got demolished in the match and didn't get retained by RCB either and Gayle does these teenager style high fives with kohli.  tbf to gayle, i don't think he cares too much about the results whereas ashwin being the captain for the first time has a bit of passion to show his credentials

1 minute ago, PBN said:

i'm with ashwin on this one. got demolished in the match and didn't get retained by RCB either and Gayle does these teenager style high fives with kohli.  tbf to gayle, i don't think he cares too much about the results whereas ashwin being the captain for the first time has a bit of passion to show his credentials

Gayle doesn't like the dressing room atmosphere in the KXIP.. 

KXIP runs on a budget and don't lavish on the players' pleasures.. whereas, rcb have sent Gayle to mallya's palatial bungalow in Goa to enjoy the weekend after he scored a century for rcb.

7 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

Yuvraj singh is the iron leg for any IPL team..

Unlike Gayle he won't perform either...

Gayle & UV ( when Kohli made Mallya pay a very high bid for UV in IPL 2014 ) are culprits responsible for sending Vijay Mallya into exile. He was already barbaad with his Kingfisher Airlines venture disaster:giggle:

Edited by Under_Score

16 minutes ago, sourab10forever said:

Arrogant Ashwin

Sack him after the season.

I might be wrong but the initial game wins which put KXIP on top spot didn't go well for KXIP...Seems like Ashwin got too carried away & started trying crazy stuff and now there is less chance that KXIP might make it to the play-offs :marchmellow:

Kings XI have pushed themselves into a corner unnecessarily.

Lot of non-performing players. Batting is their main problem. 

Keep it simple. 6 batsmen, 5 bowlers, no 'all-rounders'.

Gayle

+ Rahul

Finch

Tiwary

Nair

Yuvi

* Ashwin

Tye

Mohit

Rajpoot

Mujeeb

Top 3 have to do the heavy lifting. Yuvi at #6 will have no choice but to go for his shots. Whatever few good innings he played in the last few seasons came when he went for his shots and not build an innings.

pathetic of him to say that the bowlers have won matches so far when clearly KLR and Gayle have saved them on more than one occasion.. except Mujeeb their bowling sucks.. Ashwin himself comes on to bowl when the batsmen are looking to consolidate so that his bowling figures looked dressed up and nice.. he has his own sense of bloated self-importance and ego to blame.. nothing else..

Building a team around retirement home escapees is asking for trouble.

There's a reason the old man is known as Chris Fayle.

Yuvraj Singh has been Yuseless since circa 2014.

Add that to a dire middle order, mediocre oversees players & trundlers who regularly get smashed and its a surprise they are not near the bottom of the table. It's a horribly constructed team. 

16 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Add that to a dire middle order, mediocre oversees players & trundlers who regularly get smashed and its a surprise they are not near the bottom of the table. It's a horribly constructed team. 

CSK has more retirement home players than Punjab and look how they're doing :sad: 

21 minutes ago, The Realist said:

gayle will win 1-2 matches on his own.. imo, t20 is not much of a team game.. needs 4-5 players shining on different days, to take a team through to the playoffs

Just now, sriniwu said:

gayle will win 1-2 matches on his own.. imo, t20 is not much of a team game.. needs 4-5 players shining on different days, to take a team through to the playoffs

with that in mind, I am surprised no one picked Dwayne Smith.. plays spin well and therefore negates the tactic of teams opening with spinners.. wins 2-3 matches in any t20 competition on his own.. would have been a strategic pick for any team

1 hour ago, sriniwu said:

pathetic of him to say that the bowlers have won matches so far when clearly KLR and Gayle have saved them on more than one occasion.. except Mujeeb their bowling sucks.. Ashwin himself comes on to bowl when the batsmen are looking to consolidate so that his bowling figures looked dressed up and nice.. he has his own sense of bloated self-importance and ego to blame.. nothing else..

Their bowling has done well tye ,rajput,mujib have been good .Should have won that match vs srh ,it's going to cost them.

T20s being a batsman's game, their batting has been a problem,twice have lost 10 wkts for 50-60 runs

36 minutes ago, The Realist said:

:hysterical::hysterical:

People are being too emotional. 

Ashwin the bowler should be criticized. 

As a captain, he is fabulous. The way he controls the game on the field was refreshing to see.

Think about it.... This is the same bowling lineup he used to defend par/slightly sub par scores in the first half.

A few wrong selection calls doesn't warrant him getting sacked but chances are he will get sacked if Kings XI don't make the playoffs. 

If only he had a decent middle order, Kings would have qualified by now. 

Edited by sensible-indian

6 hours ago, Under_Score said:

I might be wrong but the initial game wins which put KXIP on top spot didn't go well for KXIP...Seems like Ashwin got too carried away & started trying crazy stuff and now there is less chance that KXIP might make it to the play-offs :marchmellow:

when the stuff you take starts kcking :p:

3 hours ago, sensible-indian said:

People are being too emotional. 

Ashwin the bowler should be criticized. 

As a captain, he is fabulous. The way he controls the game on the field was refreshing to see.

Think about it.... This is the same bowling lineup he used to defend par/slightly sub par scores in the first half.

A few wrong selection calls doesn't warrant him getting sacked but chances are he will get sacked if Kings XI don't make the playoffs. 

If only he had a decent middle order, Kings would have qualified by now. 

Far from being a fabulous captain. He was made to look good due to brilliance of Mujib with the ball. The only game Mujib did not play, he looked pedestal. Making hundreds of changes does not make one a good captain. He tries too many things as evident from his bowling - legspin, carrom ball, arm ball, stop ball and finally cant ball. Similarly he is trying too many things in captaincy as well.

I am a fan of Ashwin, but at present he is at the same level as Bhajji as a bowler, if not worse.  Its high time he focuses on his off spin...else he will be out of the test team also pretty soon.

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Far from being a fabulous captain. He was made to look good due to brilliance of Mujib with the ball. The only game Mujib did not play, he looked pedestal. Making hundreds of changes does not make one a good captain. He tries too many things as evident from his bowling - legspin, carrom ball, arm ball, stop ball and finally cant ball. Similarly he is trying too many things in captaincy as well.

I am a fan of Ashwin, but at present he is at the same level as Bhajji as a bowler, if not worse.  Its high time he focuses on his off spin...else he will be out of the test team also pretty soon.

Ashwin as a bowler is a joke now. I am sick of his bowling these days.

As a captain, he is good. 

I watched all games and i can say that his tactical moves were on dot, changing from one game to another according to game situation. 

He is equally good at attack and defense... Using pacers and spinners. 

There were 1-2 games where some of his moves were not great (more due to testing) but overall he has been very good on the field. 

I used to think he was overselling the bowling unit when he said kings were winning due to their bowling attack but as the games went by, he turned out to be right. 

All those runs by Rahul and Gayle ensured we got par scores. Not even once did we get an above par score in this ipl. Ashwin even defended a below par score against Delhi.

When Rahul and Gayle didnt score big, we scored way below par which guaranteed loses. 

Look at the games Ashwin lost:

1. Kings bowled out for 150 against RCB in Bangalore on a not so tough track. Still took the game to the last over helped by RCB's ineptness.

2. Kings putting a below par score against MI in indore where chasing teams win most of the times. 

3. Kings failing to chase 130 against SRH. Lost by 15 runs. Even if 1 bat from middle order clicked, it was a winnable game. 

4. Kings failing to chase 150 against RR inspite of Rahul heroics cos no one apart from Stoinis could reach double figures. Rahul 95...Stoinis 11.... Rest single digit..this was a bit unlucky game for kings where pitch went rogue in 2nd innings.... Ashwin did make some mistakes by trying stoinis in first over but RR did get a lovely track to bat for 6 overs after which things got tougher. Even Buttler was struggling and it wasnt spinning as much as it did in 2nd innings.

5. Kkr - bowling derailed. Still could hav made a game but no one from middle order stepped up. 

6. RCB - batting derailed

Same trends almost every game. 

Middle order doesn't score and game tilts too much. 

Tye and Mujeeb have been fantastic but the rest hav been absolute liabilities.

Rajpoot apart from 2 games has been thrashed.

Barinder Sran had one great over against DD. 

Mohit... Lol. 

Ashwin and axar wicketless support cast. 

Moreover, most games there was no 6th bowler to limit damages so these liabilities had to be bowled.

If not for Tye and Mujeeb, Kings would have been languishing at the bottom.

18 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Bhajji is much much better t20 bowler than Ashwin. How are they at the same level? 

18 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

abey dimag hai ya dhakkan. The mujeeb you are talking about bowls all those balls too. Bowling all those variations does not make Ashwin bad. Mujeeb did play that 245 game and he too got thrashed.

and dont fool us.  You are no fan of Ashwin.  you are a fan of Bhajji.

Edited by rkt.india

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.