Karnataka election results

Stradlater

JD(S) has accepted our offer of alliance: Congress
They are saying.
Is it JDS saying?
Shah is not really a loser.

Things mightn't have gone his way but he will solve everything.
If this alliance sticks , then he will find ways to break down the gov in 2-3 months.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

They are saying.
Is it JDS saying?

If this alliance sticks , then he will find ways to break down the gov in 2-3 months.

Time to ready those khokhas of mulah for JD(S) MLAs

They are saying.
Is it JDS saying?

He can do that in smaller states. Not in big states like Karnataka.

This time Congress was prepared. In fact Kumaraswamy dashed off to Singapore to discuss with Congress...

Congress had its points-men already in Begaluru. Now Amit Shah is dashing off is emissaries to Bengaluru but it might be already late.

BJP was too cocky.
Nothing is late in politics

I agree, BJP should have tried to create atleast an understanding with JDS because hung assembly was the biggest possibility, but they stuck to their will get majority rut.

9 minutes ago, asterix said:

This time Congress was prepared. In fact Kumaraswamy dashed off to Singapore to discuss with Congress...

Congress had its points-men already in Begaluru. Now Amit Shah is dashing off is emissaries to Bengaluru but it might be already late.

BJP was too cocky.

BJP's biggest drawback was they have not done anything for Karnataka even though they have been in the power. They didn't want to do anything as Congress was ruling in the state. This created a division among people. 

Time to ready those khokhas of mulah for JD(S) MLAs

Lol but you're right.
JD(S) as a party seems to be very unsure of what they want to do.
They want power only-but at the same time they are pretty weak.
So they might get inclined towards BJP given that being in a ruling alliance is far more beneficial to them than Congress.
But this is politics.
Sab ku66 ho sakta hai.

He can do that in smaller states. Not in big states like Karnataka.

Any post-poll alliance involving Congress doesn't last long .
See Mahagathbandhan for reference.
I agree Sonia's shadow involvement might work in their favour this time.

But we have to keep in mind JDS is a weak local party without a strong dictatorship unlike parties like TMC or even BSP.
There is no single face or loyalty to the top involved.
The party is rife with infighting.

It is that kind of party which you can easily buy out with cash.
And that is the thing Shah will do exactly.
He will buy out a large number of MLAs or do other things to convince JDS to join BJP.
It is anyways not really profitable to ally with Congress which is essentially a sinking ship.

30 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Congress delegation was denied an entry inside Governor's House.
JDS+Cong is gonna go again at 5:30.
Sonia-1 Shah-0 till now.
Apparently people has given the mandate that JDS with 41 seats deserves to be the leading party LMFAOemoji23.png

Heard that this is even before the last result has been signed off by EC... Can the gov do something before that?

Edited by diga

Heard that this is even before the last result has been signed off by EC

Lol true.
You know, I am feeling that these alliance within a week as Amit Shah is already in Karnataka with hordes of money.
He can easily buy 10-15 JDS MLAs and form the government.
More drama ahead.

It will be egg on face for BJP with premature celebrations, but the party won’t worry too much

Centre holds power and one only has look recent outcome in Bihar

And JDS is traditionally not aligned with left or right and prone to flip esp if their partner not in Centre

Modi and Shah will be probably dusting of old JDS corruption cases and making calls to CBI :lol: 

Lol true.
You know, I am feeling that these alliance within a week as Amit Shah is already in Karnataka with hordes of money.
He can easily buy 10-15 JDS MLAs and form the government.
More drama ahead.

Even Congress has money. It’s difficult for BJP now at 104.

The Cong-JD alliance already has support of 2 Independent MLAs. Total 118.

The remaining 2 seats where the elections postponed will now go to JD (S). Total 120.

Karnataka is as good as gone for BJP unless it trains to play dirty and splits Siddaramaiah faction from Congress. But it’s a tall order now.

Why cant BJP unite with Others and form the govt? C'mmon it will be a farce if for couple of seats...people's choice cant form the government. Where is Amit Shah? He should be in Bangalore now

BJP got over confident. No central leaders were there in Bangalore. All eating laddus in Delhi. Now being rushed by a chartered flight.

Or BJP didn’t wanted to make the Govt. due to some superstition. It’s very unlike BJP that they were all in Delhi when they knew it could be fractured mandate...

49 minutes ago, asterix said:

BJP got over confident. No central leaders were there in Bangalore. All eating laddus in Delhi. Now being rushed by a chartered flight.

Or BJP didn’t wanted to make the Govt. due to some superstition. It’s very unlike BJP that they were all in Delhi when they knew it could be fractured mandate...

There is more to the story here. There is a chance that JD(S) itself might get split as there are anti-Congress factions within. JD(S) + Congress, if formed, will end like Chandrashekar govt. or for a more recent example, Bihar last year.

BJP are in a win-win situation here, short and long term.

Personally feel BJP will form govt. with a breakaway faction.