Karnataka election results

Stradlater

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Exactly, pro BJP English news channels are having a meltdown over this, super fun watching them squeal like little piggies. 

Wait a minute. There are pro-BJP English news channels?? After reading ICF all these years I was under the impression that every mainstream/English language news channel was anti-BJP, anti-Hindu, pseudo secular, Muslim appeasing, communist and fake liberal.

Surely what you allege is blasphemous. 

5 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Wait a minute. There are pro-BJP English news channels?? After reading ICF all these years I was under the impression that every mainstream/English language news channel was anti-BJP, anti-Hindu, pseudo secular, Muslim appeasing, communist and fake liberal.

News channels were anti BJP upto 2014 , after that they started tilting towards BJP From 2016 Many anchors like Arnab acting like dog of BJP.

As most of pro BJP ICFers had trauma of Constant attack on BJP amd Hindutva for 12-14 years they refuse to believe that these same news channels are now pro BJP

23 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

News channels were anti BJP upto 2014 , after that they started tilting towards BJP From 2016 Many anchors like Arnab acting like dog of BJP.

As most of pro BJP ICFers had trauma of Constant attack on BJP amd Hindutva for 12-14 years they refuse to believe that these same news channels are now pro BJP

Thing is, Arnab's channel hardly ever disseminates any news. Can't even call it a news channel. Its one long debate after another where Arnab is screaming about something and the others are on mute most of the time. It had some comic value initially, but now the shtick has gotten boring and repetitive.

From my limited observations of his channel, Arnab is equally critical of everyone who isn't Arnab. He talks with a smug, holier than thou, know it all condescending look/tone to everyone.

48 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Exactly, pro BJP English news channels are having a meltdown over this, super fun watching them squeal like little piggies. 

forget congress or BJP,but how does a party that gets 47% seats can't form the government but a party that has 17% of the seats gets to run the government....I don't care about the laws,sub-laws,loopholes but isn't the basic fundamental of democracy that a party that has the overall majority gets to form the government.

You might have varied feelings based on which party you support but this is like making a chewtiya of the public and the basic fundamentals of democracy.

42 minutes ago, maniac said:

forget congress or BJP,but how does a party that gets 47% seats can't form the government but a party that has 17% of the seats gets to run the government....I don't care about the laws,sub-laws,loopholes but isn't the basic fundamental of democracy that a party that has the overall majority gets to form the government.

You might have varied feelings based on which party you support but this is like making a chewtiya of the public and the basic fundamentals of democracy.

There are precedents, even by BJP these last 2 years. This is how our electoral process is structured, may be some ruling party should make constitutional amendments one day but will they?

You may not like what happened today but what if I told you an independent candidate once became CM (in an assembly with 80+ seats). Answer: 2006 Madhu Koda, CM of Jharkhand...Independent Candidate. But now poor Koda is in jail :cry:, embroiled in a mining scam. A real twisted genius if ever there was one. Started of as a mine worker, within 5 years became the overlord of Dhanbad-Raniganj area which is India's richest coal and iron ore belt. Amassed thousands of crores but won't be surprised if he is actually richer than Mukesh Ambani :hatsoff:. There is even a Koda tax in this region where all factory owners are supposed to hand over 10% of their profits to bhaiyya ji else their enterprises will be accidentally burnt down. A certain Guruji (Shibhu Soren) took offence over this because prior to Koda tax there was Guruji dakshina of only 2-3%....this Koda guy upped the ante big time. But greed got the better of him and he's in jail while Guruji is still out there doing his dhanda. Scarily by the time the next elections come these 2 fine gentlemen will once again be in contention for CM post :dance:...so yeah Indian public have always been chewtiyas, not because of any flaw in our constitution.

koda.jpg

Edited by Gollum

The fence sitters who ultimately ended up voting for these parties will decide in next few months/years if they made a right choice or not. Until something happens, BJP should sit in the opposition.

Its a bad luck but in democracy one cant help such situation.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

cONGRESS 37.8

BJP 36.2

1 hour ago, maniac said:

That’s the way it is, even in recent US elections, more people voted for Hillary Clinton than Trump, but Trump got more they way their electoral system is setup 

It’s the number if seats contested which decides the vote %.

Congress contested in 222 seats where as BJP in 170 seats... So BJP won more seats even after getting less % if votes.

Had BJP contested in 222 seats its vote % could’ve higher than Congress..

Why didn't BJP contest in 222 seats?

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

cONGRESS 37.8

BJP 36.2

meaningless stat...  Doesnt say that the vote share in each constituency was 37.8%, simply totals the aggregate votes polled.   Its the final number of seats won which is the metric at the end of day 

1 hour ago, Detonator said:

Imo, if i m the BJP I would think in long term. I would let Kumarasamy to form the govt. This won't last long and it will break before 2019 elections. And the anti incumbency will be massive for many years. 

Don’t think it will happen. BJP is in kill mode. They would want to break JDS before next elections. 

2 hours ago, Detonator said:

Imo, if i m the BJP I would think in long term. I would let Kumarasamy to form the govt. This won't last long and it will break before 2019 elections. And the anti incumbency will be massive for many years. 

There is no long term or short term. Everything is about 2019LS. BJP will correctly want to be in power there.

And why do people assume this alliance wont last? This alliance is based on selfish reasons, pure nepotism, HDK will be happy as long as he is CM, while Congress will play junior partner just to stop BJP. Its dynastic politics at its best where both parties came together  for each of their son's future. The state Karnataka will lose, while these dynasts win.

Edited by someone

4 hours ago, asterix said:

I don’t know and I’m also not sure about 170 seats. I’ve read it on twitter.

Wrong, BJP contested all seats. The difference is BJP themselves have presence in 180 odd seats only. Mysore region in particular BJP lacks any presence. So BJP has concentrated vote bank geographically while Congress is more spread out. Thus, BJP has a greater vote share than Congress in many regions of Karnataka. But due to Mysore region, their average and final vote share goes out. And it was expected and seen in 2008 as well.

9 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Situation has changed a bit with new channels. But still the narrative is controlled by the same anti-BJP channels. This Lie Big, and apologize small has been seen greatly in the last few years. Take the recent farce and violence in Bengal elections, it wasn't even in the news in majority of channels as it didn't suit their agenda.