Most famous cricketer in the world

12 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

is this tattie boy another padosi ,they love their fake ids

Nah, he's scottish actually, apparently he played for scotland and now is into coaching, or at least that's what I was told by admins here when I was accusing him of being a padosi :biggrin:

Shane Warne was once the most famous Cricketer in the world, when you talk of famous in the "world", i look at one special aspect, how many of the non-cricketing nationals know you as a cricketer, Though Shane Warne was famous for non-cricketing reasons, controversies, Liz Hurley, Drugs,  but he is by far the most famous personality to walk out of cricketing fraternity.

5 hours ago, kira said:

Afridi :rotfl:

Why are you laughing men? Afridi is the modern day most popular cricketer in the world. In order to be popular in the world that player needs to play league series in most of the countries to spread the cricketing brand. Credit also goes to other players like Warne, Warner, Sanga, Gayle, etc. Who is in India ever did that? Dhoni, Kohli or Sachin? :cantstop: I can guarantee Sehwag is more popular than anybody in India since he at least played for world XI side.:cantstop:

6 hours ago, Gollum said:

Tendulkar, Dhoni and Kohli will be top purely because of our population. No non desi (except maybe Bradman cos he's the gold standard) can ever vie for this title because besides demography cricket isn't the top sport in any of these countries. Even Afridi will rank high because he is known to most in India.

And regarding Imran Khan he was popular even before his entry into politics. Besides being a legendary cricketer he was the glam boy of cricket, well known in UK's social circles and women used to swoon over him. He probably made more magazine covers than any other cricketer, even in India he was a national obsession among the women folk. I have seen old issues of Sportstar and Imran was featured in almost everyone of them....there would be a special column where fans would pen tributes to their favourite players and half of them would invariably be love letters to Imran. Won't be an exaggeration to say that he matched even Kapil in terms of adulation in his enemy country.  I have spent an awful lot of time with CAB staff/groundsmen and old timers say Sobers and Imran were the biggest overseas hits with the Eden crowd. Even in Bollywood circles he was the ultimate dream man for the divas. I personally think he looks like Gaddafi and is a terrible human being but no denying his superstar status during his playing days. 

In bollywood, a rave among divas? Really :hitler:

Then why did a beleaguered actress like Juhi chawla rejected his proposal? 

Also, when you have not one but three marriages, with last one with your spiritual guide. Then you are more likely to be famous as second coming of Hugh Hefner than a great cricketer. 

Edited by Scar
8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I am not aware of the bolded part. Are you sure because when she was a star he was happily married?

I heard juhi state it in one of the recent comedy show. I am pretty sure she was speaking about Pakistani Imran khan, although Google search speaking about our Indian Imran khan. 

A massive blunder on my part if that's the case. 

50 minutes ago, Scar said:

I heard juhi state it in one of the recent comedy show. I am pretty sure she was speaking about Pakistani Imran khan, although Google search speaking about our Indian Imran khan. 

A massive blunder on my part if that's the case. 

Yup I googled it, that was Aamir Khan's nephew she was talking about.

11 hours ago, panther said:

Imran Khan is proof that looks is everything, nothing comes close to the dopamine rush you get when attractive women just swoon over you.

Oh the little pathan has a crush on phateechar khan, I had heard pathans swing that way, do you want to swoon over your boyfriend khan too :Giggity:

On 5/16/2018 at 10:01 AM, kira said:

Sachin is obviously more popular than sharapova, just because sharapova is an ignorant idiot doesn't mean sachin is less popular than her

You old clown.. Majority of population doesn't even know who the hell is sachin in Europe, America or even in China :hysterical: pick a corner and start crying. Only reason he may have more followers on FB and Twitter is because of India's population. Outside India he is nobody:phehe:

Edited by Rasgulla
16 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

You old clown.. Majority of population doesn't even know who the hell in sachin is Europe, America or even in China :hysterical: pick a corner and start crying. Only reason he may have more followers on FB and Twitter is because of India's population. Outside India he is nobody:phehe:

:phehe:

image.png

Because cricket is not a global sport, the word “world” has its limitations in the domain of cricket.  For e.g. a Brazil vs Argentina football game would be followed differently vs a Ind vs Aus cricket game around the world. The cricketers would be supported more by the teams’ main fan base, i.e. Ind fans rooting for Ind and so on. Having said that cricketers such as Viv Richards may have had a more universal appeal relatively speaking 

Considering the size of the local population (and expats), cricketers from Team Ind would be widely followed 

On 5/16/2018 at 2:12 PM, Gollum said:

Tendulkar, Dhoni and Kohli will be top purely because of our population. No non desi (except maybe Bradman cos he's the gold standard) can ever vie for this title because besides demography cricket isn't the top sport in any of these countries. Even Afridi will rank high because he is known to most in India.

And regarding Imran Khan he was popular even before his entry into politics. Besides being a legendary cricketer he was the glam boy of cricket, well known in UK's social circles and women used to swoon over him. He probably made more magazine covers than any other cricketer, even in India he was a national obsession among the women folk. I have seen old issues of Sportstar and Imran was featured in almost everyone of them....there would be a special column where fans would pen tributes to their favourite players and half of them would invariably be love letters to Imran. Won't be an exaggeration to say that he matched even Kapil in terms of adulation in his enemy country.  I have spent an awful lot of time with CAB staff/groundsmen and old timers say Sobers and Imran were the biggest overseas hits with the Eden crowd. Even in Bollywood circles he was the ultimate dream man for the divas. I personally think he looks like Gaddafi and is a terrible human being but no denying his superstar status during his playing days. 

And to think  now that all that fame,glamour, greatness etc etc w.r.t Khan  owed a lot to his evil ally 'bottle top'  would be wise and sensible enough.

On 5/21/2018 at 11:04 AM, Rasgulla said:

You old clown.. Majority of population doesn't even know who the hell is sachin in Europe, America or even in China :hysterical: pick a corner and start crying. Only reason he may have more followers on FB and Twitter is because of India's population. Outside India he is nobody:phehe:

Do they know what is cricket?

On 5/17/2018 at 3:03 PM, Gollum said:

If you adjust for time frame WG Grace will win hands down. He was probably the only sporting superstar of the Victorian era.

huh? I bet 99% of cricket followers casual+hardcore don't know who he is.....sure Yusuf Pathan is more of a household name than WG Grace....Let us not romanticize firangs .

Sachin is the most famous cricketer ever....followed by Dhoni,Kohli and other Indian superstars. Warne maybe for dating Liz Hurley