Santa Fe, Texas, School Shooting Leaves Multiple People Dead; Suspect Is in Custody

Stradlater

Multiple people were killed, and others were injured, in a shooting on Friday morning at Santa Fe High School in Santa Fe, Texas, according to law enforcement officials. A suspect was in custody.

At least three people were killed, according to Mark Henry, the Galveston County judge, the county’s top elected official.

The injured included at least one police officer, whose condition is unknown, Ed Gonzalez, the Harris County sheriff, said on Twitter. In addition to the suspect in custody, one person has been detained, he said.

The gunman opened fire inside the school at about 7:45 a.m., around the time school was about to start for the day, according to Joe Giusti, a Galveston County commissioner. He said the injured officer worked for the Santa Fe school district as a school resource officer. The gunman was uninjured, he said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/18/us/school-shooting-santa-fe-texas.html

First World problems.

What a messed up society America has.

Did anyone notice Majority of these shooters are white? 

Even Muslims there seem to be peaceful and minding their own business types.

I agree with what @MechEng said. It's a psychological issue.

Edited by Stradlater

5 hours ago, Stradlater said:

What a messed up society America has.

Did anyone notice Majority of these shooters are white? 

Even Muslims there seem to be peaceful and minding their own business types.

I agree with what @MechEng said. It's a psychological issue.

I don't think so, may Latinos, Blacks and Muslims too indulge in gun violence. I can remember at least 3 high profile gun related terror acts  by Muslims in the last 12 months or so, each having high fatality count. 

8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I don't think so, may Latinos, Blacks and Muslims too indulge in gun violence. I can remember at least 3 high profile gun related terror acts  by Muslims in the last 12 months or so, each having high fatality count. 

I was specifically talking about these random school related mass shootings without any motive whatsoever.

In the case of our Muslim brothers, we all the motive and zeal.

28 minutes ago, asterix said:

I see US newspaper editorials about violent incidents in India and preaching the Indian society and politicians.

Would love to see similar editorials in Indian media highlighting these incidents in USA and criticising the Americans...

Editorials are one thing; most American politicians and even their institutions lecture India on areas like tolerance. Which is fine by me, Indian society has its flaws and needs to work on them. 

The question is, are they capable of hearing the feedback of others on their flaws ? I don't ever recall any Indian leader mention to Obama or any American president on their gun problem, the incarceration rate, even their support of rogue nations etc.