Avesh makes Umesh look very very smart

gakgupta

Can't believe avesh could be this dumb. I have seen him bowl against SRH and thought it was one odd game. After today's match, I kind of believe that he is really really dumb.

All he had to do was bowl full as rayadu seem to have a issue hitting his full deliveries. But he kept bowling little short of the length...

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

Avesh kept on bowling short stuff and Rayudu kept sending those over ropes for runs. It was wonderful to see Rayudu tonk him for fun. He was totally at ease that over. No fuss, just fours and sixers flowed. Wonderful T20 batting. 

Alex Hales also punished the short stuff. Hales like short stuff and pace much more than Rayudu.

Avesh is young but he will learn. Can't keep on repeating the mistakes though, else it will cost matches to his franchisees.

Edited by Straight Drive

3 minutes ago, Number said:

Hales Butler Rayudu 

every team has feasted on him.

He bowled what Hales likes, pace and short.  So does Buttler.

Rayudu too showed he loves pace and bounce. Nice to see our batsman tonk pacers at will. We need some hitting like this in T20i and ODI. 

Last year Hales scored 180 odd innings and feasted on similar type bowling at international level.

Edited by Straight Drive

Buffet bowler. No wonder his bowling is run fest almost every match. Great to watch batsmen bat against him. Loads of sixers and 4's. Total T20 fun. Funny that the arrogance after dismissing Russell has been crushed badly. :giggle: International batsman have shown how crap he is. Bowled short and pace to likes of Hales, Buttler who prefer pace on bat and play pace day in and out .

He was bowling at 140 + kph and the batsmen kept tonking him for 160+ kph after it left the bat. Dumb bowling as always. Hopefully he realized he is only domestic class bowler. Loved the way Buttler, Hales and Rayudu scored runs of his short pitched stuff. 

Only fit for domestic cricket, not international class. Deserves the tonking. 

Edited by Straight Drive

Cant be harsh on him,yes he was tonked for fun as anyone would if he faces short stuffs like these,even Avesh himself could have hit this kind of bowling ..but but but he is raw, just 21 ,he tends to go haywire when under the pump,will learn,has merely played a single game in his last debut ipl season ,so cant expect much from him,it had to be hard on him sooner or later ,hope he comes good which he will,he needs to work on fuller dilveries,his stock delivery as of now is back of length in coming delivery which makes batsmen easy to line him up,he needs to rectify it,its quite evident from here,im sure he is aware of it, expecting a strong comeback from him next ipl,which he has to.

guys-

Understand the Basic Point, Pace cannot be taught.

Experience will make him clever and smarter and he is the fastest in India.

Wait for 1 year , he will get the brain, he has the Brawn.

There is no one close to him when it comes to Brawn( Read Speed).

Dont become a DHONI( Read Critic)

5 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Cant be harsh on him,yes he was tonked for fun as anyone would if he faces short stuffs like these,even Avesh himself could have hit this kind of bowling ..but but but he is raw, just 21 ,he tends to go haywire when under the pump,will learn,has merely played a single game in his last debut ipl season ,so cant expect much from him,it had to be hard on him sooner or later ,hope he comes good which he will,he needs to work on fuller dilveries,his stock delivery as of now is back of length in coming delivery which makes batsmen easy to line him up,he needs to rectify it,its quite evident from here,im sure he is aware of it, expecting a strong comeback from him next ipl,which he has to.

Yes, he needs to sort out short pitched stuff, else international class batsman will continue to make mockery of his spells like we have seen this IPL. I think he wont be selected for being a flop, so there is plenty of time for him in domestic cricket to improve. IPL is a big stage and he wasted a huger opportunity. 

17 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Yes, he needs to sort out short pitched stuff, else international class batsman will continue to make mockery of his spells like we have seen this IPL. I think he wont be selected for being a flop, so there is plenty of time for him in domestic cricket to improve. IPL is a big stage and he wasted a huger opportunity. 

I think he wll be selected ,as teams in ipl are looking to have players who can be part of their future plan ,for eg kkr went aggressively for the u19s as they are quite clear in their minds with these guys who will surely form the core of their side in say 1-2 years

4 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

I think he wll be selected ,as teams in ipl are looking to have players who can be part of their future plan ,for eg kkr went aggressively for the u19s as they are quite clear in their minds with these guys who will surely form the core of their side in say 1-2 years

For domestic he will get selected. I was saying about T20i.

6 hours ago, Suhaan said:

No. You are wrong. It is not easy to hit fast short balls. Short stuff is better than bowling length. Look at russel. He gets most Wickets with short stuff. He just was unlucky. Most of those Rayudu shots were flukes. He threw his bat and top edges landed on boundary, could easily have been caught in a good day. Same was when Hales hit him. He had beaten Hales for pace but Maxwell dropped a dolly at mid wicket. 

In every format, mixing lengths is important for pacers while keeping the line right.  Even in test matches, pacers who slip in bouncers with a certain regularity. generally pick more wickets.

Avesh was doing this in his first 3 games.  Bowling some yorkers and bouncers along with his stock deliveries. And he performed really well.

He has all the basics in place ... good pace, height, bounce, ability to seam the ball, decent yorkers.

He somehow lost his way in the last 2 games. Forgot to mix his lengths which he was doing in earlier games, which made him predictable.

Can happen to a young guy who is just 21 and very inexperienced.

A little bit of good advice from a coach or a senior ... and and he would be good to go.

He needs a friendly hand in his shoulders who will calm and guide him a bit.

10 hours ago, rkt.india said:

No. You are wrong. It is not easy to hit fast short balls. Short stuff is better than bowling length. Look at russel. He gets most Wickets with short stuff. He just was unlucky. Most of those Rayudu shots were flukes. He threw his bat and top edges landed on boundary, could easily have been caught in a good day. Same was when Hales hit him. He had beaten Hales for pace but Maxwell dropped a dolly at mid wicket. 

When a delivery is in a batsmen zone or hitting arc it doesn't matter what velocity its coming with,it is quite hittable,Avesh was bowling that channel which was hittable,can't be  coincidence he was regularly hit by other batsmen which I mentioned above because it was in their hitting arc,Harmison was one such bowler who bowled back of length was never short of pace but when he bowled in that channel he got regularly clubbed even  Yuvraj Singh who is। a prime suspect to short bowling hit him regularly which came to him at high pace ,it's all about channel,Avesh didn't bowl within that channel,simple,I'm not talking about express 155k velocity,its altogether different proportion,had it been delivered with that velocity i would have happily agreed with your reasoning brother

33 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

When a delivery is in a batsmen zone or hitting arc it doesn't matter what velocity its coming with,it is quite hittable,Avesh was bowling that channel which was hittable,can't be  coincidence he was regularly hit by other batsmen which I mentioned above because it was in their hitting arc,Harmison was one such bowler who bowled back of length was never short of pace but when he bowled in that channel he got regularly clubbed even  Yuvraj Singh who is। a prime suspect to short bowling hit him regularly which came to him at high pace ,it's all about channel,Avesh didn't bowl within that channel,simple,I'm not talking about express 155k velocity,its altogether different proportion,had it been delivered with that velocity i would have happily agreed with your reasoning brother

There is nothing like unhittable zone. Batsmen can hit from wherever you bowled. Every ball is batsmen arc unless perfect Yorkers but batsman scoop even those. Short fast 140 plus deliveries have more chances of getting Wickets than any other length. There are more chances of mis hitting. It's not easy to hit short balls consistently. Even the best can't do that. Ishant won is a test match at lords by batsmen mishitting the balls. Avesh is an aggressive bowler who goes for Wickets but no bowler can do much when fielders drop catches. 

Thts way your describing things not every batamen is blessed with super talent who can hit any delivery from any channel,He was bowling straight in to Rayudu's bat swing,as I said its not a coincidence he has been hit severely at same mid wicket area by three different batsmen,it has to be a problem with his length .Im not saying short  deliveries

13 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

There is nothing like unhittable zone. Batsmen can hit from wherever you bowled. Every ball is batsmen arc unless perfect Yorkers but batsman scoop even those. Short fast 140 plus deliveries have more chances of getting Wickets than any other length. There are more chances of mis hitting. It's not easy to hit short balls consistently. Even the best can't do that. Ishant won is a test match at lords by batsmen mishitting the balls. Avesh is an aggressive bowler who goes for Wickets but no bowler can do much when fielders drop catches. 

are not difficult what Im emphasizing is the direction of his short delivery,it should be well directed,in this format batsmen are on the crease to play fearless cricket they will attack irrespective of the length,if the ball is in their arc it becomes all juicy,they make merry of those deliveries, even  the terrible players of short bowling hoic with cloaed eyes,it was case of short incoming delivery,you are giving examples of a test match performance where batsmen have to play out sessions while in t20s two three hits can make world of difference,Avesh has serious problem with that length,its his stock delvey   

3 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Thts way your describing things not every batamen is blessed with super talent who can hit any delivery from any channel,He was bowling straight in to Rayudu's bat swing,as I said its not a coincidence he has been hit severely at same mid wicket area by three different batsmen,it has to be a problem with his length .Im not saying short  deliveries

are not difficult what Im emphasizing is the direction of his short delivery,it should be well directed,in this format batsmen are on the crease to play fearless cricket they will attack irrespective of the length,if the ball is in their arc it becomes all juicy,they make merry of those deliveries, even  the terrible players of short bowling hoic with cloaed eyes,it was case of short incoming delivery,you are giving examples of a test match performance where batsmen have to play out sessions while in t20s two three hits can make world of difference,Avesh has serious problem with that length,its his stock delvey   

Very Good post.

Yes, we have to look at T20 format separately because it has it's own tempo of scoring runs, the versatility of shots, the risks that batsmen are allowed to take by management in this format, the cameo expectations etc. Sadly, that is what some cricketers are still not coming to terms with. If you make Sunny the coach of franchisee he will select Rahane ahead of Russell because Rahane has a better technique. He is not the only one who expects T20 to be played the way he wants. T20 superstars have played a totally different brand of cricket and with very different approach and tactics in T20. Pujara was disappointed when he was not picked in IPL. T20 needs a different approach.

Bowling has to be more proper in T20 than in tests. In tests one can do well lefts, in T20 a dot ball gets criticized. The batsman are expected to score at healthy SR. So bouncers are getting tonked more often than not for sixers. And it's just not bouncers. Anything poor will be tonked in T20 unlike in Tests and ODI where batsman do take some time to settle. That is why there are many tests match successful bowlers and ODI successful bowlers. Only a handful of bowlers have shown they have skill for T20.