Meditation and Mindfulness

kira

How many of you here practice meditation and mindfulness? A few years ago I got introduced to the practice of meditation, didn't get any result at the start and thought it was all a waste of time but I continued with the practice on and off and read a lot of literature on this and I am finally beginning to see the fruits of this practice. 

Mindfulness is such a great tool, it should be taught in schools, I am amazed how ignorant most of the world is, things like stress, depression will absolutely disappear from this world and many diseases linked to these will also disappear. People across the world but especially in India keep wasting their time in meaning less rituals instead of actually practicing to connect with their spiritual self. 

The world is so distracted with so many meaning less things, even on this forum I see people engaged in such meaningless problems and discussions that I laugh at how ignorant everyone is ( not that I am enlightened or anything but my perspective on things has changed a lot). 

It is very easy to be happy once you figure out how to be mindful, how many of you are even aware of this?

Edited by kira

Not into that stage yet but I have been doing a few pranayams like Kapalbhati, Bhasrika and anumol vilom for 10-15 minutes after workout for 10 months now.

Observed quite a few benefits like better immunity, eyesight, concentration and most importantly my sleep is getting close to 6 hours which was very irregular earlier.

Meditation is a state, it's a happening, it's a state where you are completely thoughtless. A state where you are beyond your mind and body.

Meditation is not a practice of concentration or focusing of any kind. Because everything that involves mind is mythical and a momentary. Real meditation changes you from inside, you get awareness to your inner self, you get awareness that all the strengths are inside you. Whatever is outside is perishable or temporary. 

Oh and btw reading adversely affects your ability to meditate. So until you manage to tame your mind, refrain from reading. Learn to meditate first. Once you achieve certain state then read or else even books on Geeta or Koran or bible won't help. They are so meaningful to the right person.

I know many Muslims and Christians who meditate. 

5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@kira

What exactly do you mean when you say 'mindfulness' ?

Mindfulness is constant awareness, it is the state of always being present in the now, it is the awareness that you are not your thoughts, you are not your emotions, you are not your body, but that you are a consciousness which is free of all these things. When one is always aware and observing what's happening in the body, in the mind then one can learn a lot about himself/herself, by being mindful one is able to recognize his thought patterns and behavior, one is able to detach himself from his mind which opens up a whole new perspective for the individual.

15 minutes ago, beetle said:

Kira....you meditate ? :blink:

Of course, For the last 4 years ( on and off) but now consistently doing it since last 3-4 months and the shift in my consciousness has been amazing, I was even able to quit weed through mindfulness:rock: 

My practice tends to be internal soliloquy from a place of loving attention. It is a mindful and heartful engagement with the different movements within me and meeting them with awareness.

Sometimes, when there are unpleasant thoughts that seem to come out of nowhere, I trace them back to a feeling of agitation that has not been held in loving attention, and so then I do. I used to get caught up in worry about why I was having unpleasant thoughts, and then that just becomes a loop because I would then slip into feeling bad about myself for having such thoughts etc.

It is best for myself to meet myself from a place of presence and acceptance, instead of an intention to fix. In the end it is about coming home to the truth of my innocence unblemished by cultural conditioning that makes me doubt my lovingness.

Gleaner I Am

12 minutes ago, flamy said:

My practice tends to be internal soliloquy from a place of loving attention. It is a mindful and heartful engagement with the different movements within me and meeting them with awareness.

Sometimes, when there are unpleasant thoughts that seem to come out of nowhere, I trace them back to a feeling of agitation that has not been held in loving attention, and so then I do. I used to get caught up in worry about why I was having unpleasant thoughts, and then that just becomes a loop because I would then slip into feeling bad about myself for having such thoughts etc.

It is best for myself to meet myself from a place of presence and acceptance, instead of an intention to fix. In the end it is about coming home to the truth of my innocence unblemished by cultural conditioning that makes me doubt my lovingness.

Gleaner I Am

tenor.gif

On 5/20/2018 at 1:43 AM, kira said:

Mindfulness is constant awareness, it is the state of always being present in the now, it is the awareness that you are not your thoughts, you are not your emotions, you are not your body, but that you are a consciousness which is free of all these things. When one is always aware and observing what's happening in the body, in the mind then one can learn a lot about himself/herself, by being mindful one is able to recognize his thought patterns and behavior, one is able to detach himself from his mind which opens up a whole new perspective for the individual.

Yes, constant awareness. I am gleaning all the time, no set time for it, 24/7 - even dreams. I keep a dream journal. Wonderful to know you are getting to know yourself deeper, friend!

I just started Qi Gong (after 5 years of procrastinating), great for centering and postural alignment for the physical benefits, other than the subtle energy (Qi) benefits.

Edited by flamy

Gleaner I Am
Lo...charsi wapas aagaya.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk