Sign in to follow this  
zen

2018 FIFA World Cup

I would have liked teams like Chile, US in there. Ofc they wouldn't have challenged for the trophy but could have made things difficult for big teams. I wont miss Italy as they were playing quite boring football for last decade

Support Brazil, Argentina, France and Belgium. Hate to say this but Germany are hot favorites. Want England to get knocked out in groups stages because their media/fans are super entertaining after the inevitable knock out every damn time...they will keep us entertained for the rest of the WC even if it gets boring. 

5 hours ago, surajmal said:

No dog in the fight so i will support Argentina. Messi deserves to lift the trophy to complete his well earned GOAT career. 

Won't happen with that comedy show they have for a defence, Sampaoli or no Sampaoli.

European teams usually win in Europe, while American teams in America. Brazil and Germany are exceptions. In neutral venues, Asia and Africa, it is 1-1 (Brazil in Asia and Spain in Africa) 

I haven’t followed football much recently so don’t know which teams are in form 

Teams that I have supported in past:

* 1990 Argentina (Maradona)

* 1994 Neutral 

* 1998 France (Zidane)

* 2002 Can’t recall. France was knocked out early iirc. Brazil in the final maybe 

* 2006 France (Zidane)

* 2010 Neutral

* 2014 Brazil 

* 2018 ? 

Arg is in trouble. Germany and Brazil are yet to fire all cylinders. Portugal, Spain, France, Croatia, etc., are playing well 

Edited by zen

5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Q:What is common to the Ebola virus and the group stages of the FIFA WC?

A: An 80% kill rate in African nations.

this joke was as terrible as Indian football team.

if senegal are beaten by colombia i suspect no african team will quality for last 16...

if colombia win today i only Japan and Mexico will be outside south american and Europe. The breakdown of the final 16 will be 10 european teams 4 south american teams 1 from north america and 1 from asia.

If Senegal do beat colombia it will be 10 european 3 latin 1 asian 1 african 1 north america.

1 hour ago, zen said:

^ Could be an RCB fan supporting Ger. Not many would care to draw slogans from a forever struggling team such as RCB for a soccer powerhouse like Germany 

You know it's a joke, right?

Edited by coffee_rules

10 hours ago, PBN said:

belgium takes the lead. england would be happy to finish second in the group and going into the easier bracket for the knockouts. 

Colombia and Switzerland are good teams and unlike England they can keep possession of the ball.