Women's T20 Exhibition Match- IPL Trailblazers v IPL Supernovas | 22nd May , 4 PM IST | Mumbai

velu

They are, would rather have the owners name their teams after something famous/unique associated with their cities/region.
How about Hyderabad Nizams, Royal Bengal Tigers, Delhi Brats, Chennai Crybabies, Bengaluru IT Geeks etc. Only Rajasthan franchise is aptly named. Come on you are better in these things than the rest of us besides being a keen scholar on IPL related matters, you can give proper names...what would you call the Mumbai team?
Mumbai Pussies.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

On 5/20/2018 at 8:46 PM, Mariyam said:

Mumbai Indians is an apt name.

Mumbai the city and the IPL team is a microcosm of India as a whole. Everything that is good or bad in India is amply reflected in Mumbai society.

Lol its the most un-Indian city in India. They have a superiority that they are from Mumbai even though they have the worst slums they portray marine drive and the beaches, high rises and parks. Living in fools paradise.

Lot of the IPL names initially formed are derived from American sports teams like Cleveland Indians (baseball team - they are portraying a warrior tribe of native americans) to Mumbai Indians :hysterical:, San Diego Chargers (American football team turned to Deccan Chargers :phehe:), kolkata made the famous hit series Knight Riders into a team :laugh:. Don't tell me they didnt copy names from americans. Everything we find here is a copy of Americans like their movies, even the name Bollywood from Hollywood, the nice music from Anu Malik was from the US. I can go on and on.

The others were homemade names and most of them have been shitty.

Delhi Daredevils (awesome name but they havent lived up to the name)

Rajasthan Royals (nice name which suits the region)

Gujarat Lions (nice but most of the fanbase dont eat meat. Gujarat loins survive on dhoklas)

Chennai Super Kings (I think its a good name since in Chennai we use the word super a lot and monarchy lasted quite late until the colonial period). For others they may think its a mediocre or rubbish name but you cant deny its originality)

Kings XI Punjab (Too many kings here. I think the XI was added because of that)

Royal Challengers Bangalore :beer-bottle: (it is very original and quite right too because they play like drunks)

Kochi Tuskers Kerala (there are a lot of elephants in this region. I wouldnt have used Kerala though but who knows the commies might have revolted)

Sunrisers Hyderabad (DMK but shitty name nevertheless)

Pune Warriors (ok)

Rising Pune Super Giants (what the hell happened here)

24 minutes ago, Garuda said:

Lol its the most un-Indian city in India. They have a superiority that they are from Mumbai even though they have the worst slums they portray marine drive and the beaches, high rises and parks. Living in fools paradise.

Lot of the IPL names initially formed are derived from American sports teams like Cleveland Indians (baseball team - they are portraying a warrior tribe of native americans) to Mumbai Indians :hysterical:, San Diego Chargers (American football team turned to Deccan Chargers :phehe:), kolkata made the famous hit series Knight Riders into a team :laugh:. Don't tell me they didnt copy names from americans. Everything we find here is a copy of Americans like their movies, even the name Bollywood from Hollywood, the nice music from Anu Malik was from the US. I can go on and on.

The others were homemade names and most of them have been shitty.

Delhi Daredevils (awesome name but they havent lived up to the name)

Rajasthan Royals (nice name which suits the region)

Gujarat Lions (nice but most of the fanbase dont eat meat. Gujarat loins survive on dhoklas)

Chennai Super Kings (I think its a good name since in Chennai we use the word super a lot and monarchy lasted quite late until the colonial period). For others they may think its a mediocre or rubbish name but you cant deny its originality)

Kings XI Punjab (Too many kings here. I think the XI was added because of that)

Royal Challengers Bangalore :beer-bottle: (it is very original and quite right too because they play like drunks)

Kochi Tuskers Kerala (there are a lot of elephants in this region. I wouldnt have used Kerala though but who knows the commies might have revolted)

Sunrisers Hyderabad (DMK but shitty name nevertheless)

Pune Warriors (ok)

Rising Pune Super Giants (what the hell happened here)

Indians have the worst imagination and creative flare when it comes to picking name for franchises... just look at ISL;

Atletico de Kolkata... wanted to copy Atletico Madrid but arent even good enough to be cleaners of the the club.

Even in the IPL they want to have the Royalty theme.. Super Kings, Kings XI, Royals, Royal Challengers.. abe BC kya originality tel lene gayi thi us din

On 5/20/2018 at 5:27 PM, Magneto said:

Yeah I know it's complementary, but hitting the stadium in this harsh sun? :(( 

Don't be a daisy....mumbai has no heat man..:drama:.Be brave and support Harmanpreet.:cheer5:

All the heat is in Delhi.:wp91::flame::mad2:

21 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Indians have the worst imagination and creative flare when it comes to picking name for franchises... just look at ISL;

Atletico de Kolkata... wanted to copy Atletico Madrid but arent even good enough to be cleaners of the the club.

Even in the IPL they want to have the Royalty theme.. Super Kings, Kings XI, Royals, Royal Challengers.. abe BC kya originality tel lene gayi thi us din

Yup too many copycats and too many royalty. The now defunct ICL had some decent names.

Atlectico de Kolkata had a partnership with Atlectico Madrid in the first few years hence the name

You 'll die laughing after you hear the full form of the new name, ATK.
Aamar Tomar Kolkata!!!!
*Facepalm*
What kind of name is this?

As usual stadium is empty... lets hope people start coming in the next 30/40 mins
That's because it is a complementary game held at 2
To promote women's cricket,you need to market it well.
You can't just hold a match at a stupid timing with the focus clearly on the men's match and say that , "Oh no, The girl's match had no crowd , hence WIPL is not feasible" as an excuse later.
You have to always market a stuff for what it is.
Not as buy 1 get 1 free style.
BCCI needs to grow balls and schedule women's matches with proper timing and ensure that men's matches are considered separately.
Crowd will gradually come.