Sign in to follow this  
Laaloo

55th match at Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi: Defending Champions vs Future Rockstars

15 minutes ago, zen said:

What a chasing performance by MI. Should have won it but in this tourney things have not gone its way .... the roller coaster ride and MI games in general have been very entertaining 

Could have promoted likes of Krunal ahead of Pollard. Esp with the spinners bowling at that stage 

And, bol to RR

If they had batted sensibly against spinners, they cud hav chased this. 

Pollard move was idiotic.

Work hard girl. Sindhu earns more than some cricketers.

Prithvi you joker......bat grounding nahi seekhi.:wall:
Oh really!
Go girl power , go go!
I am not a sportsperson though
I want to be a scientist but scientists in this country don't earn much...

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Do you  realize how much we boys struggle in cricket. Wake up at 5, reach nets by 5:45 a.m. otherwise coach made us run 10 rounds of a big ground. Girl can't even run one round of that. 15 minutes warmup. 20 minutes batting practice, 20 minutes fielding practice, bowling too. And if that wa snot enough the 20,40 and 50 over matches we played under 35 degrees heat. You get to drink water just thrice in 50 over matches playing in that heat. And yes the cuts and blood we used to shed and the marks which are still there on our hands legs while diving etc.  In cricket you girls cant match us. i am talking about season cricket here. Not the soft ball cricket which millions play. 

Dude itna misogyny!
I have cricket semi-professionally till class 10.
Girls work as hard as boys in playing cricket, or in any other sport !
Infact, I wanted to be a cricketer as a kid but unfortunately had to pull out as the money was extremely low there.
Gender equality in sports is a serious concern
And then there are people like you!

13 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Dude itna misogyny!
Infact, I wanted to be a cricketer as a kid but unfortunately had to pull out as the money was extremely low there.

Women cricket can't match men cricket. At this point, it's worse than u16 boys cricket quality wise.

Is not Rohit Sharma a pro athlete?
Then how can he keep such an uncle body ?
The more I look at his photos, I wonder how he can even get into the national team with this level of fitness and consistency
If it would have been any other country,he would have been kicked out long back

Women cricket can't match men cricket. At this point, it's worse than u16 boys cricket quality wise.
Why so misogyny?
If you invest money and make provisions for improving the training facilities, girls can play on the par of men.
We need to encourage more women cricketers.

4 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Dude itna misogyny!

You made a comment without knowing how much we guys had to work hard at proper cricket. Fine when you say that boys are favored?  But when it is explained then you post the gender equality. It is the mis-match in power, the skills, the efforts why boys are dominating in cricket. Don't take the easy way out by blaming equality.

There were no girls at our club for few decades when we played. There are now. No girl dares to dive. Heck they do not even practice diving. We used to field the whole 50 over match even with blood oozing from cuts while diving at times. We used to spend lots of time at nets even decades back. Even now girls don't practice as much as we did. 50 over matches under 35 degrees. Girls don't play it. They want matches near there home. We had to travel 2 hours at some prominent grounds. There were 15 days tour to other cities. The effort that even todays girls give on cricket field is nothing in comparison to what many cricketers have put decades back. Boys deserve to get paid more in cricket.

What is wrong in encouraging them. Do we have to constantly put them down. 
Thanks for supporting my cause
We need to support women cricketers more.
When I used to play, we never got even basic facilities that should be entitled to a player.
There is so much talent for cricket in women ...we need to do something about them

3 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Thanks for supporting my causeemoji3.png
We need to support women cricketers more.
When I used to play, we never got even basic facilities that should be entitled to a player.
There is so much talent for cricket in women ...we need to do something about them

Good luck with your passion !! Continue working hard. Now it is better than few years back. :two_thumbs_up:

You made a comment without knowing how much we guys had to work hard at proper cricket. Fine when you say that boys are favored?  But when it is explained then you post the gender equality. It is the mis-match in power, the skills, the efforts why boys are dominating in cricket. Don't take the easy way out by blaming equality.

There were no girls at our club for few decades when we played. There are now. No girl dares to dive. Heck they do not even practice diving. We used to field the whole 50 over match even with blood oozing from cuts while diving at times. We used to spend lots of time at nets even decades back. Even now girls don't practice as much as we did. 50 over matches under 35 degrees. Girls don't play it. They want matches near there home. We had to travel 2 hours at some prominent grounds. There were 15 days tour to other cities. The effort that even todays girls give on cricket field is nothing in comparison to what many cricketers have put decades back. Boys deserve to get paid more in cricket.

Old fashioned misogynist eh?
As for diving, we also practiced diving.
Played under 35 degrees and went to faraway cities to play matches.
I clearly remember we had to stay in 3rd grade hotels and travel in 2nd class train while the boys got to stay in good hotels and travel in planes.
Power I agree , women in general have less physical raw power , but that doesn't mean they have less skills and give less efforts.
I have had teammates who used to work 2 part time jobs but still played cricket with a dream to represent the nation.
They work hard as a male cricketer.
Don't put girls down

37 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Old fashioned misogynist eh?
As for diving, we also practiced diving.
Played under 35 degrees and went to faraway cities to play matches.
I clearly remember we had to stay in 3rd grade hotels and travel in 2nd class train while the boys got to stay in good hotels and travel in planes.
Power I agree , women in general have less physical raw power , but that doesn't mean they have less skills and give less efforts.
I have had teammates who used to work 2 part time jobs but still played cricket with a dream to represent the nation.
They work hard as a male cricketer.
Don't put girls down

Who has put girls down ? Is  saying boys give more efforts in cricket than girls and defending why boys should get more money putting girls down? It was you who underestimated efforts of boys and said that they were equal to those of girls.Skill-wise too boys are better fielders and quicker than girls. Boys are better skilled in bowling as well. Can you tell which skill you are referring to which girls are good at cricket than boys?

As a motivation girls can take example of Sarah Taylor of England, a female cricketer of huge reputation and loads of records,who represented in Male A grade cricket. Girls do not have power, the SR in girls cricket will prove that in case you have not watched girls matches. Check a scorebook from your club or have a look at records of some FC matches. It is evident.

For efforts, girls are giving effort in higher grades only. We used to coach Under 14 and 16 state level cricketers for state level selection. Even those young boys gave more effort than a girl aged 22 who play at our clubs now. Skill-wise too they are much better. 

Edited by Straight Drive

13 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Thanks.
I don't play much though...But still I want the infrastructure to improve so that girls can think of taking cricket as a careeremoji3.png

Can you explain what is lacking in infrastructure that is hampering girls cricket  ? 

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

What is wrong in encouraging them. Do we have to constantly put them down. 

I am not putting them down. Just stating reality and it will always be like that. you think women will start bowling 145kph or start hitting sixes after encouraging.

2 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Why so misogyny?
If you invest money and make provisions for improving the training facilities, girls can play on the par of men.
We need to encourage more women cricketers.

It's not misogyny, it's the truth. Is saying truth considered misogyny? 

Just now, rkt.india said:

I am not putting them down. Just stating reality and it will always be like that. you think women will start bowling 145kph or start hitting sixes after encouraging.

Why do they need to bowl at 145kph?  

https://www.iplt20.com/video/141693/m55-dd-vs-mi-press-conference-ricky-ponting?tagNames=indian-premier-league

Ponting said that they would have loved to play Manjot Kalra but then for that he would have replaced Shaw.He said that Maxwell had some form before the tournament when he played for Australia and he said that out of all the international players he would have had the most impact for DD but he flopped also said that he generally plays at 4 and some where Pant's good form hurt Maxi he is not familiar with batting at 5.

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.