Social Media.... not that appealing anymore

FischerTal

These days, I have become annoyed at social media apps..

Twitter: political BS and teenagers talking **** about their life

Facebook- retirement home for baby boomers and a new home for ad companies

Instagram: wanderlust chewtiyas showing what fantastic things they artificially created in their life

WhatsApp: Lets not even go there......

I'm thinking of deleting all these Apps. WHOS WITH ME???? :aha:

Edited by FischerTal

Only places I have time for is ICF, pinterest, U tube  and very limited whatsapp.

I used to visit the Pp forum long time back and some BD cricket forum....but haven't been there for years now.

I forgot my facebook and twitter password years back .

No instagram.

I refuse to be part of whatsapp groups except for two small family groups where I only read ...rarely post.

If I want to talk to someone..I prefer to whatsapp individually.

There is too much of it around.

One just has to choose a few where they want to waste time.....

It's an irony I'm venting this rant on a social networking site, but bear with me:

I honestly hate the internet, sure it's given me the way to meet some interesting new people online which was probably not possible before the internet era, but I hate where the society is heading to in general. The internet to me is one toxic addiction and is even worse than cancer, should get out of the matrix before it's too late.

Edited by MechEng

20 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Some FB posts are so silly, people getting so damn carried away and posting selfies like there is no tomorrow.:giggle:

I find the hypocricy of people on fb very annoying.

People writing heart felt birthday wishes to parents long departed.

Children who don't talk properly to parents writing long posts on mother and fathers day.

People posting lovey dovey pics and posts and then you come to know about domestic abuse in their lives  or extra marital affairs and divorces.

Reminds me of that song....

Tum itna kyun muskura rahe ho...

Kya gham hai jisko chupa rahe ho.

Now I feel the only really happy people are the ones who don't feel the need to post happy selfies of themselves for others benefit. If they are not posting stomach sucked in selfies.....they must be happy doing whatever they are doing .

The only place I post pics is whatsapp ....for family and very close friends.

Edited by beetle

4 minutes ago, beetle said:

I find the hypocricy of people on fb very annoying.

People writing heart felt birthday wishes to parents long departed.

Children who don't talk properly to parents writing long posts on mother and fathers day.

People posting lovey dovey pics and posts and then you come to know about domestic abuse in their lives  or extra marital affairs and divorces.

Now I feel the only really happy people are the ones who don't feel the need to post happy selfies of themselves for others benefit. If they are not posting stomach sucked in selfies.....they must be happy doing whatever they are doing .

I hate the likes in fb to be honest and those hollow 'happy birthday' wishes. Arrey birthday wish karna hai then either meet that person or at least give him/her a phone call, yeh fb mein 'Happy Birthday! Have a great one!' has taken away the intimacy of the birthday wish.

I had to make a new fb account because someone in the family had a wedding and they had a fb account for the wedding only starting with when they first met ( woh bhi arranged marriage mein :rolleyes:

And now there is this nonsense of pre wedding vedios and photo sessions and all family members including us were expected to get all info from there and give a billion likes.

And the bloody idiots posted a pic of me in which I was not looking slim and had my  eyes looking weird.

Idiots! People should ask permission before posting other people's pictures.:motz:

13 minutes ago, beetle said:

I had to make a new fb account because someone in the family had a wedding and they had a fb account for the wedding only starting with when they first met ( woh bhi arranged marriage mein :rolleyes:

And now there is this nonsense of pre wedding vedios and photo sessions and all family members including us were expected to get all info from there and give a billion likes.

And the bloody idiots posted a pic of me in which I was not looking slim and had my  eyes looking weird.

Idiots! People should ask permission before posting other people's pictures.:motz:

i hate that so much. its so cringeworthy. although I'm pretty sure for my wedding in the future, I will be expected to do that. :((

Facebook i mainly use to connect to my relatives. couple of colleagues, childhood friends. No strangers. Except one or two. Instagram i just joined. That too private account. Mostly pictures. Twitter i joined during US election. I don't post much about Indian politics as i could invite lot of dirty responses lol. 

Edited by vvvslaxman

27 minutes ago, beetle said:

Pre wedding photoshoot is the biggest scam devised to dupe young innocent man into thinking that life would be this rosy and romantic after the marriage as well.

I mean it suits the good looking couples but you should look at the facial expressions of really ugly ones:hysterical:

I see people posting their personal pics and pics of their kids on social media and wonder if it is safe .

I had a pinterest account .I mostly posted pics of flowers in the garden and weird shaped veggies and such nonsense...mostly saved interesting stuff.

One day I had got french manicure and pedicure and my fairly pretty hands and feet were looking fabulous . I just took a pic and posted on my pinterest. Next day I got notifications for many saves . I clicked on the profile of people who saved and most of them were creepy weird looking guys . I got so creeped out ,I removed all my stuff and started a new account.:nervous:

Posting pics can be scary.

6 hours ago, FischerTal said:

These days, I have become annoyed at social media apps..

Twitter: political BS and teenagers talking **** about their life

Facebook- retirement home for baby boomers and a new home for ad companies

Instagram: wanderlust chewtiyas showing what fantastic things they artificially created in their life

WhatsApp: Lets not even go there......

I'm thinking of deleting all these Apps. WHOS WITH ME???? :aha:

This motha fu cka :wall: 

Every f eccking morning on whats app - pictures of good morning with “Jai Balaram” or “Om sai baba” finished with corny messages like “let the Essence of the Sun’s rays guide your wonderful day”

fecck off kaki or unemployed fuva !!

1 hour ago, chewy said:

This motha fu cka :wall: 

Every f eccking morning on whats app - pictures of good morning with “Jai Balaram” or “Om sai baba” finished with corny messages like “let the Essence of the Sun’s rays guide your wonderful day”

fecck off kaki or unemployed fuva !!

My family group  posts seriously makes me question my genepool.

I am hoping my kiddo got better genes from daddy's genepool then mummys.:nervous: