Sign in to follow this  
Scar

Are RR fly in the ointment in the playoffs ?

If King XI Punjab lose today, RR makes through. This is not necessarily a good thing even if you are RR fans. Playing a match, without butler and stokes, against an ad hoc RCB team is one thing but it's completely different ball game to face all-round team like KKR, who have match winner to the gunwales, in playoffs. 

Will it be safe to say it's ruining the competitiveness of the playoffs and KKR is getting essentially a free ride to qualifier 2?

Or the underdog tag that RR is known since the inception of IPL will come to the fore and signal a possible premonition for other teams? 

2 hours ago, chewy said:

Stokes wouldn’t have made difference, been rubbish all season

Butler will be missed, Gowtham been a revelation with big hitting

besides it’s now knockouts any dog can have its day 

Stokes still had bowling to fall on and butler was half their batting. Along with rahane who bats for opposition. 

Agree that anyone can win in a one-off game but there's a daylight difference between quality of the teams and chances for such upset is very slim. 

Edited by Scar

I don’t know what the issue is here. In a major tournament, which IPL is, there is always the possibility of dark horses / underdogs making it to the next stage. In 1983, India made it to the KOs and went on to win it. In 92, Pak squeezed in too. In 2003, it was Kenya. In 2007, Ind and Pak were knocked out. In 2007 T20 WC, Ind won it even though it was not a hot favourite. 

Let’s not forget that RR is a former champion. And they won it despite not being a favourite 

Teams can underestimate these teams at their own peril

Edited by zen

1 hour ago, Scar said:

It wouldn't be wrong to invoke the legendary quote, I read on this forum sometime back that 'the match will be 10 on 1 BDSM style gangbang with no safe word'. :hysterical:

Considering the vice of rape culture in India, it is sad to see the educated youth in the country using words such as gangbang so casually  :((

Edited by zen

3 minutes ago, zen said:

Considering the vice of rape culture in India, it is sad to see the educated youth in the country using words such as gangbang so casually  :((

I am sorry, wasn't my intention to hurt the sentiments. It was something I read on this forum during my lurking days. I will delete that bit. 

Fake News!

Here is the real story of RR as told by SS Rajamouli

Yeh Aag Kaisi Mere Seene Mein Hai Dehakti
Andhron Mein Na Koi Umeed Hai Chamkti
Makkhi Makkhi Makkhi Makkhi
Makkhi Makkhi Makkhi Makkhi…

:yahoo::rr:

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.