Is Rahid Khan the greatest leg spinner ever since Shane Warne?

I know people would argue and make a case for Kumble/Qadir etc. But I have not seen a more effective leg spinner than Rashid Khan. He is not only better than all contempory spinners but with every passing game he is making a stake of becoming one of the best spinner ever. With Afg entering test arena soon, I wonder how much havoc Rashid Khan would create in cricket world.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Let the 25 year old eighteen year old play a few tests.

But I'm rooting for him.   He's a definite star.  

his fielding is top notch if we consider padosi standards ..

but got rocket throws , think he will screw his shoulders 

4 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

It will be interesting to see how our batsmen fare against Mujib and Rashid in the test match. And if we have to bat last on a 5th day pitch, we will be in trouble. Having said that, minnoisque Afghan batting wont allow the game to last for 5 days.

Bowling in T20 is different to Tests. Else Sunil Narine would have been winning multiple tests for Windies. You need to have lot more skill, patience and stamina to succeed in Tests.

Narine never really focused on tests much plus he’s been called for chucking how many times now? He’s still a good t20 bowler but he doesn’t get the turn he used to since changing his action so even if he wanted to play tests (I don’t think he wants to tbh) and even if he then gets selected I don’t think he’d be nearly as lethal as he would’ve been early in his career when he got a lot more turn more often.

rashid is very good, he’s been playing for awhile now and is still getting very good results, test matches will be a new test for him but in combination with mujeeb I think Afghanistan are going to have a formidable bowling unit.

Edited by gazza

The only parameter to judge a player's greatness is test cricket. No matter what a player does in white ball cricket he can be regarded as something if and only if he is successful in the longer format. Rashid hasn't done that yet, so such threads are premature. We have had enough shorter format superstars over the years who couldn't cut it in test cricket, let's hope for AFG and world cricket's sake Rashid isn't one such player. And LOL no way is Rashid a 19 year old kid, I believe he has less than 8 years of cricket left in him if adjusted for age, so hope he plays at least 20 odd tests by the time he retires. 

I hope our lot don't do anything stupid against him and mujib. Rashid bowls quick through the air and it is near impossible to pick his variations. But you can step out and smother the spin easily since he doesn't have the revs or the ability to bear batsman in the air with flight. You can play him the V comfortably If you treat him like a medium pacer cutting the ball both ways. I expect pujara dominate him.