Dhoni's post match interviews are gold, shows how far he thinks

Ankit_sharma03

Todays game - "Always happy when we win. Being in the top two gives you that liberty to have one more game," Dhoni says. "If we would've lost, you still give yourself a second chance. They bowled very well, and there was a bit for the fast bowlers. Bhuvi bowled well, backed up well by Rashid. We kept losing wickets, and so we had to push ourselves. Losing three-four wickets in the middle always puts you on pressure. Plus, they have a mystery bowler. It's good to win a game like this, but what's more important, is knowing how we can improve. Our bowling combination is the best we have, and from the beginning I've been using different players at different stages to test them. You have to keep shuffling to know who can do what for you, and at what time. It may hurt you sometimes, and the best bowlers are playing these games. Faf's innings, is where experience counts. It's not easy to not play a lot of games, but I always say you need to train your mind as well. That's where the experience comes in. You visualise what your role is, how you can contribute, and Faf has been brilliant. I know we had a second chance, but still feels good. We have been a very good team over the past ten seasons, but it's more about the dressing room atmosphere. And you can't do that without the players and the support staff. And if atmosphere is not good, then players go to different directions. But somehow, we have managed to keep our boys on track."

Zaheer in Post match shows kept saying that his some changes may look bizzare now but he does it to plan for coming games n it was the case

Last game- Dhoni: If you see the bowling line up it was swinging a bit. In a game like this you want to take a lot of wickets while it is swinging. So with Bhajji and Chahar going in - it creates a bit of chaos. With proper batsmen the bowlers are consistent, somehow to lower order players they try the bouncers, offcutters, etc. [About the finish] All the fielders were up so I went for the big shot. [About the franchise] we have a set of people who are very close to the players, that makes it very easy for the captain. Also we have a really good team. Right from the first edition, we kept adding players and they kept performing - Ashwin, Bollinger, Mohit. The big challenge will be in two years when most of the players won't be around. We like to do the process right because that's what gives you the result. I remember the finals, where it went wrong: you need to remember where it went wrong. On that particular day you have to be at the best coz everyone wants to win. All of those things matter.

Now many want to say he was coward so he hid behind, yea ofcourse u have to find something since he is doing well as captain n batsman. But at the end of day ur looking like a fool coz his idea worked. N if it was about hiding well bravo n jadeja wud have come n he cud have also hidden behidn them today 

10 minutes ago, velu said:

dhoni will be experimenting , but our wheelchair walas will criticize that blindly ..

who are these wheelchair fans

One kohli fan who was dissing deepak chahar at start and bought the word choking today (the last person who shud use the word choking is a kohli bhakt)

One rohit sharma fan , who says 300 runs of his are gold and dhoni 400+ are fluke 

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

who are these wheelchair fans

One kohli fan who was dissing deepak chahar at start and bought the word choking today (the last person who shud use the word choking is a kohli bhakt)

One rohit sharma fan , who says 300 runs of his are gold and dhoni 400+ are fluke 

mostly they are  sachin chamchas and hidden sachin chamchas who hate dhoni  :p:

There is nothing extraordinary that he said. Every team does that and try different options to find best combination. Regarding bhajji being promoted, you can say anything in hindsight. Dhoni is just lucky that an easy catch of bhajji got dropped second ball he faced. Now it is just an excuse to hide your inability to play when going gets tough.  

6 hours ago, Pollack said:

More like he needs to keep shuffling to hide himself. Is he seriously saying he was trying to test Deepak Chahar's or harby's batting. :cantstop:

45 minutes ago, speedheat said:

9(18) was 0(8) at one stage, epic choke, and he thought bhajji n chahar need batting practice, wow what a thinker :hatsoff:

did u guys not read properly or what , where did he say they needed batting practice 

7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Last game- Dhoni: If you see the bowling line up it was swinging a bit. In a game like this you want to take a lot of wickets while it is swinging. So with Bhajji and Chahar going in - it creates a bit of chaos. With proper batsmen the bowlers are consistent, somehow to lower order players they try the bouncers, offcutters, etc.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

There is nothing extraordinary that he said. Every team does that and try different options to find best combination. Regarding bhajji being promoted, you can say anything in hindsight. Dhoni is just lucky that an easy catch of bhajji got dropped second ball he faced. Now it is just an excuse to hide your inability to play when going gets tough.  

u dnt have to do something extraordinary , cricket is a simple game n he keeps its very simple n instinctive ....others have gone to much in data n logic

N what harm wud bhajji wkts have costed to them nothing, the idea was to make bowlers bowl diff length specially incase of rajpoot who is inexperienced 

His inability is more against googlies now with changes stance rather moving ball, he still covers the movement of the ball pretty well 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

New Generation Indian Cricketers are upgrade from previous one that their ability to articulate words and and their thoughts. Dhoni,Kohli,Pandya,Bumrah.I have every single Kohli's interview from his golden year 2016 and it makes you think How can someone be so good at this,but when He fails,he becomes clueless captain here.Its pattern.Everything looks gold when you succeed,especially in these kind gimmicks of sending Chahar and Bhajji(The great Joginder Sharma over) and the person mentioning that would look like Gold despite doing jack with the willow.If you are really into interviews,You should check out some of the Dravid's interviews(obviously post match are hard to find).Great Orator,Calm,Composed who provides brilliant insights of the game,someone whom you can listen all day.

As far as Dhoni is concerned,I remember him telling to Atherton in post match interview at Manchester,2014 that the positive of that game was We got extra 2 days for the next test after being crushed in 3 days..That was some thinking.Shows how far he thinks!!!:cantstop:

Edited by Bigg Brother

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

lol if a test match is played in eng he is only batsman i trust to survive , yesterday again the problem was leg spin, rashid is anyways difficult to face on that wkt

@Ankit_sharma03 i also remember the quote regarding NRR in the 1st match they won,he is absolutely spot on,NRR alwys comes in the picture in later half

also its amazing how he has got performances from jaddu the bowler,because in the 1st half and last year jaddu was a pure liability even with the bal (still a liablity with the bat) and bravo also got constant backing and delivered yesterday

most professional sportsman i can think of ,consistent entry in the playoffs is no joke, this time he was one of their bats as well

Edited by SK_IH

1 minute ago, Bigg Brother said:

New Generation Indian Cricketers are upgrade from previous one that their ability to articulate words and and their thoughts. Dhoni,Kohli,Pandya,Bumrah.I have every single Kohli's interview from his golden year 2016 and it makes you think How can someone be so good at this,but when He fails,he becomes clueless captain here.Its pattern.Everything looks gold when you succeed,especially in these kind gimmicks of sending Chahar and Bhajji(The great Joginder Sharma over) and the person mentioning that would look like Gold despite doing jack with the willow.If you are really into interviews,You should check out some of the Dravid's interviews(obviously post match are hard to find).Great Orator,Calm,Composted who provides brilliant insights of the game,someone whom you can listen all day.

As far as Dhoni concerned,I remember him telling to Atherton in post match interview at Manchester,2014 that the positive of that game was We got extra 2 days for the next test after being crushed in 3 days..That was some thinking.Shows how far he thinks!!!:cantstop:

Kohli interview when he talks about batting n his own game are gold, doesnt mean it wud same as captain

But as captain also during his interview one thing he shows that how much energy he transfers to his team which is good......

2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

lol if a test match is played in eng he is only batsman i trust to survive , yesterday again the problem was leg spin, rashid is anyways difficult to face on that wkt

@Ankit_sharma03 i also remember the quote regarding NRR in the 1st match they won,he is absolutely spot on,NRR alwys comes in the picture in later half

also its amazing how he has got performances from jaddu the bowler,because in the 1st half and last year jaddu was a pure liability even with the ball and bravo also got constant backing and delivered yesterday

most professional sportsman i can think of ,consistent entry in the playoffs is no joke, this time he was one of their bats as well

yes many here were dissing him of using jadeja at wrong times during leagues stages 

and Zak in his cricbuzz shows kept mentioning that he is doing keeping later games in mind and that was spot on. Zak hold more authority over right n wrong then us as he has known him more closely  

4 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

also its amazing how he has got performances from jaddu the bowler,because in the 1st half and last year jaddu was a pure liability even with the bal (still a liablity with the bat) and bravo also got constant backing and delivered yesterday

that test match was played in 2007. He was 25 then. now he is 36. Lot of water has flown since then. I am talking about Dhoni of today and anyway, you cannot compare Test to T20s. In tests, you can leave and block, but in T20s, you have to score and that is where Dhoni's limited stroke range and skill set gets tested the most when there is help for bowlers.  

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yes many here were dissing him of using jadeja at wrong times during leagues stages 

and Zak in his cricbuzz shows kept mentioning that he is doing keeping later games in mind and that was spot on. Zak hold more authority over right n wrong then us as he has known him more closely  

Is this some mystery? Everyone knows Jadeja will be useful when ball start to turn. So, people dissing Dhoni for using Jadeja at wrong times earlier has not correlation to this.

21 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

u dnt have to do something extraordinary , cricket is a simple game n he keeps its very simple n instinctive ....others have gone to much in data n logic

N what harm wud bhajji wkts have costed to them nothing, the idea was to make bowlers bowl diff length specially incase of rajpoot who is inexperienced 

His inability is more against googlies now with changes stance rather moving ball, he still covers the movement of the ball pretty well 

who was bowling googlies in the game again kXIP?