Will CSK be able to maintain the charisma after Dhoni's retirement from IPL?

Trichromatic

I think CSK will make him  mentor and have him sit in the dug out to milk his appeal a little bit more. Other than that, having native sons Ashwin and DK back as players might help. DK especially, given his recent run of good scores.

I feel he is almost done. Somehow feel this is his last year, might play 2019 if he does not win a trophy this year. 

And yeah, CSK will have to use him as mentor to keep the fanbase. But even then, all this hype around the team will be gone. Getting support outside of Tamilnadu will be impossible like how it is currently.

Given that Madras Cement has lots of experience managing cricket teams its highly unlikely that they will not be prepared for Dhoni's retirement. Most Indian players who have played for Madras Cements have nothing but good things to say about their management style. I am sure they will find a way to keep their fan base alive. 

Its not all MSD.. CSK team brass has cracked the T20/IPL code. With or without MSD, they will

- Always pick a squad that allows them to play with 7 bowling options.

- Always pick a squad with enough high quality spinners that gives them a distinct advantage in Chepauk. 

- Always pick a squad with enough high quality Indian batsmen that can cope with mystery spinner thread.

- Always pick a squad with foreign players who are primarily fast bowling all-rounders. 

- Prefer experienced players to upcoming jump-starts

- Not bid high for marquee fast bowlers like Starc, Cummins who are likely to break down during the season

Just by doing the above, you can have a solid squad every time you step on the field..