AB de Villiers Retires from International Cricket

Not at all happy with his decision. But it is his life/career. He is such a talent that he will be missed.

As many ppl say here, why not play until WC 2019. You are due to complete 10,000 runs in both ODIs and tests and that way you cement your spot forever in the pantheons on cricketing greats. 

I am too small to say, but your mind is not upto your enormous ability, ABDV. You saying "tired" is really disappointing. :no:

Let us wait for the full details to come out but looks like he has screwed SA's 2019 WC chances. Pretty sure their entire batting strategy was molded around him, now with him gone and not enough ODIs for them in the next 10 odd months, what can they possibly do? IMO he should have at least played the WC, even if it meant retiring from other 2 formats....he has left his side deep in the lurch. Unless he has some grave personal reason, this will come out looking like a selfish decision.

23 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I smell something fishy. Maybe he is not liking the race reservation culture in SA team. Last year he said he is desperate to win a WC before retirement. Its tough to believe he suddenly decide to retire from all formats just 12 months before WC.

I concur. Being inclusive is all nice and noble but should it trump merit? Anyways, their country their policies.

Sad news for fans but respect his decision to go when people are wondering "why?" instead of "why not?". On paper this seems premature but only he knows what all pain(physical and emotional) he must have been going through to play at a high level. Just a few days ago, he took a stunning catch(not that flying one) where he landed on his shoulder and got up as if nothing happened. I thought "how long is his body going to last with insane stuff like this?". And today I hear the news that he has retired.