Rahane has learnt nothing from 2016 t20WC SF?

Temujin Khaghan

19 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Yes, he scores at 110 sr and expects team to score at 200 sr.

each one has their strengths.. he has probably never scored at 200 sr any time in his life..

I'd rather have him score 45 off 40 and lay the platform for others to score at 200, than him trying to hit out and get 16 off 8. 

60 off 30 with 8 wickets in hand was gettable is my point

24 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Yes, he scores at 110 sr and expects team to score at 200 sr.

THIS!! 

So this bugger gets to play in Power play overs, plays at strike rate of 110, then leaves the dirty job of scoring 60 of 30 for rest of squad.

People who are suggesting that scoring 60 of 30 with even 8 wickets is easy. That is totally incorrect. Specially on pitches like Eden, Hydrabad  with an old ball and big grounds..

5 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

each one has their strengths.. he has probably never scored at 200 sr any time in his life..

I'd rather have him score 45 off 40 and lay the platform for others to score at 200, than him trying to hit out and get 16 off 8. 

seriously??? so you expect rest of team to score 155 of 80 balls outside the PP overs while let this bugger ease it out for 40 ball 45.. buddy they are not playing test match on swinging pitches of RSA and England where they have to play out the new ball... 

isko koi nayi soch ka award do yaar

Edited by rahulrulezz

20 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

seriously??? so you expect rest of team to score 155 of 80 balls outside the PP overs while let this bugger ease it out for 40 ball 45.. buddy they are not playing test match on swinging pitches of RSA and England where they have to play out the new ball... 

isko koi nayi soch ka award do yaar

before shouting your butt out,

I pointed that Rahane shouldn't even be opening and wasting powerplay..  ideally he shouldn't even be playing t20, but he's captain.. so no point debating that...

he is not somebody who can give you a 200 SR... so no point playing him and then cribbing that he can't score quickly.. that's a known fact... the only meaningful thing he can do is anchor..  and he's better off not wasting the power play for that

Edited by bowl_out

1 hour ago, sensible-indian said:

Rahane sucks. 

Pathetic joke of a batsman. 

Hated him when he played for RPS. 

Its not Rahane who has learnt nothing, its our bootlicking incompetent selectors who didn't. 

Glad IPL exposed those scam artists. 

How dare you insult our "dangerous floater" like this?

8 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Gettable but not walk in the park if bowler bowls well. 45 of 40 thing doesn't work in t20 cricket and you will lose most times. You can't expect new batsmen to just come and start blasting bowlers, especially on a slowish track like yesterday. Very few batsman can do that. You always need a set batsman to be there.

Rahane's problem is not lack of intent. It is lack of ability to force the pace outside powerplay.  He is not wristy like  typical Indians to place the ball in the gaps.  He is good when he reacts rather than manufacturing shots.  This is a limitation. So i won't blame him if he keeps getting selected. It is his inherent limitation. Even players with higher strike rates cannot force pace. Remember Amla struggling in the end overs against Pakistan.                              

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/23584884/talking-points-was-ajinkya-rahane-thinking

Rahane batted until the 15th over, steering the chase in a crucial knockout game. A captain leading from the front?

Not quite. He had a strike rate of 112.19 and actually cost Rajasthan Royals seven runs in the context of the match, according to ESPNcricinfo's Smart Stats, our new metrics to understand T20 cricket. Rahane was only the second wicket to fall in the chase but Royals were in a deep hole they had dug for themselves.

In all, Rahane cost his side 51 runs through the tournament, the most among all batsmen going into the last two games. In the IPL, a team that loses only four wickets in a chase wins about 94% of the time. Rajasthan Royals were not one of those teams on Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, Pollack said:

But apart from ICF, no one was bothered about his innings in 2016 WC semi. He simply thinks he is playing good innings by holding one end together. Delusional like Pujara who thinks he has the game for ODIs.

In T20s, there is nothing like holding the innings together.