Kohli unlikely to play county or Eng series

diga

On Thursday, Mumbai Mirror reported that Kohli saw an orthopaedic surgeon in suburban Mumbai, who diagnosed a herniated disc, which could lead to his missing the Test series in August if he is not careful with his workload. The BCCI official, though, said there was no injury - nothing as serious as a herniated disc at any rate - and that this was just a preventive measure to better manage his workload in the lead-up to the series.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/23589004/virat-kohli-county-stint-surrey-likely-cut-short

"There is no way now he is going to play 17 days of cricket in one month, you can forget about that," the BCCI official said. "As of now, he is likely to play the first two first-class matches, then recuperate and then join the team in Ireland."

However, a top BCCI official, who is privy to Kohli's county engagements, clarified that it is a case of "neck sprain" and not a "slipped disc injury" as reported.

"Yes, Virat has had fatigue issues and this is a case of workload management rather than injury management. But it isn't a case of slipped disc. As of now, we will be monitoring his workload," the senior official said on condition of anonymity.

"We are chalking a plan wherein his county stint will be curtailed. He will play two four-day matches as per the original plan and not the five Royal London Cup (50 over) matches," he added.

When pressed further on the reported slipped disc injury, the official replied: "Yesterday, Virat posted his fitness video as part of the Government's 'Fitness Challenge'. I can tell you that the video was shot yesterday."

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/no-slipped-disc-injury-but-virat-kohlis-county-stint-to-be-curtailed-bcci-official/articleshow/64300554.cms

Edited by Sachinism

Not much a big fan of Kohli, but as a well wisher , I think he should take an extended break from cricket.
So that he can come back better in WC2019
If he pushes himself among all this physical pain and all, he will lose his cricketing potential faster than ever.
He should let his body completely heal and then play cricket.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Hate the IPL even more now. BTW more worried about next year's edition because that comes just before the WC. We may have many injured/fatigued players heading to England right after grueling 2 months. In 2015 (and 2011) this wasn't an issue because IPL took place after the WC. I fear we won't be able to field our best XI and hence jeopardize our chances at getting a 3rd WC.

Kohli here should have been smart and pulled out of IPL the moment he experienced discomfort. Ashwin had sports hernia, so missed last IPL. Even Jadeja, Rahul, Vijay, Umesh (and more guys, don't remember exactly) pulled out of 2017 IPL because of discomfort/injury. All those guys played with pain in the Aus home series and put country above $$$, that was a truly heroic and selfless effort by them. Why didn't Kohli follow their examples? Eng is a big black mark on his career, besides even the next WC will be held there. Poor decision making by his team must say.

Edited by Gollum

Hate the IPL even more now. BTW more worried about next year's edition because that comes just before the WC. We may have many injured/fatigued players heading to England right after grueling 2 months. In 2015 (and 2011) this wasn't an issue because IPL took place after the WC. I fear we won't be able to field our best XI and hence jeopardize our chances at getting a 3rd WC.

Kohli here should have been smart and pulled out of IPL the moment he experienced discomfort. Ashwin had sports hernia, so missed last IPL. Even Jadeja, Rahul, Vijay, Umesh (and more guys, don't remember exactly) pulled out of 2017 IPL because of discomfort/injury. All those guys played with pain in the Aus home series and put country above $$$, that was a truly heroic and selfless effort by them. Why didn't Kohli follow their examples? Eng is a big black mark on his career, besides even the next WC will be held there. Poor decision making by his team must say.

This is the precise reason I dislike Kohli.
He is TOO money minded.
Remember how he took 17 crores in the auction which prevented KL Rahul to be retained?
He has always put $$$$ over country

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

what the hell!

IPL is causing our cricketers to pick up injuries before important tours. Kohli should have not played the last game! but it seems money is more if a concercn for BCCI than actually winning a test series.

If he for some reason does not play the England tests due to this injury we will get blanked 5-0 and will demoralise us to lose in Australia too. Lets hope he recovers soon!