IPL Vs Tests; Festival Vs Funeral

I will start out by admitting that I broke my cardinal rule and watched England Vs Pakistan for 20 mnts. More I watch IPL less I want to watch Tests. It was boring and a drag. 20 mnts of my lihe have been wasted that I can never recover. The test was like going to a funeral with so many people in their 60's and 70's. No young crowd and no energy in the match. It was depressing to see all the retired pensioners wearing tie and attending a funeral.

Now look at IPL. There is much energy in the crowd and the atmosphere is uplifting. You feel happy and enjoy it. There are more runs scored in one over than the seven overs I watched. 

Test format should be euthanized and let it die a graceful death. No more subsidizing this nonsense.

It really depends on individual. I personally dont enjoy IPL much since I dont fancy club games. It never brings out the same emotion as paying for the nation. The only time I watch IPL is when young potentials like Pant,Shaw or Gill is in action.

Yes its impossible to watch 5 days test cricket due to hectic lifestyle. But given an option I would anyday watch India playing a test match than RCB vs CSK.

But yes, I enjoy the trolling in this forum during IPL though. Thats the most fun bit :giggle:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

It really depends on individual. I personally dont enjoy IPL much since I dont fancy club games. It never brings out the same emotion as paying for the nation. The only time I watch IPL is when young potentials like Pant,Shaw or Gill is in action.

Yes its impossible to watch 5 days test cricket due to hectic lifestyle. But given an option I would anyday watch India playing a test match than RCB vs CSK.

But yes, I enjoy the trolling in this forum during IPL though. Thats the most fun bit :giggle:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I have never felt any emotion towards the king's XI punjab team whether they win or lose but I have been furious many times when India lost out in a big tournament

1 minute ago, kira said:

I have never felt any emotion towards the king's XI punjab team whether they win or lose but I have been furious many times when India lost out in a big tournament

The only ones who take IPL seriously are those chuski fans. There's a reason why most of them only show up when IPL is going on. For the rest of the IPL teams, they have casual fans.

9 minutes ago, kira said:

Test cricket isn't meant to be watched every ball, people can enjoy watching a couple of sessions or when there is some interesting context going on between a class batsman and a class bowler, this alone is greater than 40 overs of t20 trash and even 50 over bilateral borefests. Test cricket is the most enjoyable format of the game and I am not even a purist who hates other formats, I love all formats of cricket but I will gladly watch an exciting session of a test match over 100 exciting limited over games 

This is so wrong. When cricket started, people used to watch whole day. Stadiums used to be full. There was no ODI or T20 to fall back upon. So, it is incorrect to say that test cricket isn't meant to watch whole day. Being a fast bowling fan, I like test cricket because T20s have destroyed the aura of fast bowlers, but it would not be wrong to say that test cricket would have died by now without ODIs and now T20s financially supporting it and most of the test cricket nowadays is played in front of empty stands. 

Edited by rkt.india
22 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Baaghi 2 vs Newton-> Festival vs Funeral

Transformers 5 vs Dr Zhivago-> Festival vs Funeral

Salman Khan vs Naseeruddin Shah-> Festival vs Funeral

Honey Singh vs Manna Dey -> Festival vs Funeral

Chetan Bhagat vs Vikram Seth-> Festival vs Funeral

Justin Bieber vs Mozart-> Festival vs Funeral

People always enjoy festivals more.  

I agree that test cricket is bit boring and overrated, but it also depends on how close both the sides are in terms of competitive  strength and quality,  if I am a cricket fan I would love to watch a test match between India and Australia over a t20i between India vs srilanka, its also not easy for viewers to shift directly from t20 to test format, one of the hallmark of this years IPL was that all 8 teams were equal in strength.

Edited by speedheat
4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

This is so wrong. When cricket started, people used to watch whole day. Stadiums used to be full. There was no ODI or T20 to fall back upon. So, it is incorrect to say that test cricket isn't meant to watch whole day. Being a fast bowling fan, I like test cricket because T20s have destroyed the aura of fast bowlers, but it would not be wrong to say that test cricket would have died by now without ODIs and now T20s financially supporting it and most of the test cricket nowadays is played in front of empty stands. 

No, you are completely wrong, nobody (except a few crazy ones) has ever watched a full test match completely, even if someone has watched a full day it means he or she watched 3 sessions, even historically ( and I am talking last 25-35 years and not the prehistoric era of test cricket) people would watch a day or 2 but no one is going to catch the whole match unless he or she is completely vella. Test cricket is meant to be enjoyed in sessions, I usually watch 5-6 sessions per test match if the match is exciting and that's how it is meant to be watched. 

IPL can sod off. I was more heartbroken when India went out in the group stages in 2007 worldcup compared to KXIP who always finish bottom half of the table ( i feel no emotion for it after a couple of days)

Similar feeling I had when we lost 8-0 overseas and were the laughing stock of the cricket world. True i myself will not watch every single session in a test match, but id take watching a exciting session which has ups and downs over a shitty IPL tamasha match.

if you're cultured, intellectual, appreciate the intricacies of difficult cricket then test cricket is your game

if you are shallow, simple minded and don't have a deep understanding of cricket t20 for you

t20 cricket will burn out....its foundations are poor (low quality players can contribute, best team doesn't always win, overkill with superlative performances). If India decide to break away from ICC and test model and have IPL all year round...viewership will be low outside of India as prestige of IPL currently resides in the International status of its players. Lose international cricket and you lose what makes the tournament. Id like to see how many people from around the world tune in to see Shreyas Gopal against Ambati Rayudu in a domestic tournament. 

Edited by mancalledsting

Ipl is a tamasha league just for trolling and entertainment purpose,there is no real connect or emotions with most of the club's as it is for India  (except deluded csk fans who'll jump the bandwagon once dhoni retires, few Mi,Rcb fans) bit entertainment alone is a major factor which draws majority of the public to stadiums ,can't blame them .

I personally think all 3 formats can survive,just that the quality of 1 of the format might deteriorate,players have to be multitasking and they're being paid heavily