Congratulations to Pakistan

Yup, credit where due :hatsoff:. Pakistan have been splendid in England yet again, comfortably the 2nd best visiting side to Eng behind ATG SA in the last 10 years or so. This is their 4th win against Eng in Eng post 2010 (P 9, W 4, L 5) !!! In 2016 they won 2 tests in late (dry) summer, but this time a rookie Pak outfit has won in early summer, a period where traditionally England enjoys much greater benefit of the conditions.

5 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Yeah well played , they are a very different team in England for some reason . 

Eng , Australia and SA are at its weakest , having already messed up the SA tour , let's see how we do in England ..this is another series for taking , but we won't win if we continue to play the musical chair however weak the opposition is .

Anderson seems  past his best. Cook is way too inconsistant, Root can't go past 100, 2 dead woods Stoneman & Malan .... If India  can't win this time  then  no point in being the no:1 team

20 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Watching Mickey Arthur as their coach makes me so angry. World's richest board can do better than Bevda, Sridhar, Arun. Even Bangladesh had Walsh as their bowling coach recently....when will merit ever be a parameter to get a job in BCCI I wonder?

This is what happens when ganwar log becomes rich suddenly.

The buffons at BCCI aren't even fit to run a local nagarpalika let alone the World's richest cricket board in a country of 1.3 billion.

38 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Watching Mickey Arthur as their coach makes me so angry. World's richest board can do better than Bevda, Sridhar, Arun. Even Bangladesh had Walsh as their bowling coach recently....when will merit ever be a parameter to get a job in BCCI I wonder?

IIRC, Kirsten wanted out of the job after his contract ended. I guess it could be that there were players who could be so big that he may not tell them what he thought would be right for the team for fear that he may end up in controversy like Chappell did. We could have gone with Tom Moody he is quite good unlike Chappell but he would come with the same attitude towards "Big" players. Its the whole system that needs a revision.

1 hour ago, jusarrived said:

Yeah well played , they are a very different team in England for some reason . 

Eng , Australia and SA are at its weakest , having already messed up the SA tour , let's see how we do in England ..this is another series for taking , but we won't win if we continue to play the musical chair however weak the opposition is .

Though its a thumping win by Pakistan, you really cant compare 2 match series with 5 tests that India will play. Its the same situation in 2014 when SL drawn the test series there in 2 match series. India went next and was 1-0 up after 2 tests but England came back strongly and won the last 3 tests.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Yup, credit where due :hatsoff:. Pakistan have been splendid in England yet again, comfortably the 2nd best visiting side to Eng behind ATG SA in the last 10 years or so. This is their 4th win against Eng in Eng post 2010 (P 9, W 4, L 5) !!! In 2016 they won 2 tests in late (dry) summer, but this time a rookie Pak outfit has won in early summer, a period where traditionally England enjoys much greater benefit of the conditions.

Exaggeration. Pakistan has not won a test series there since 1996. This is their best chance though with already 1 up in a 2 match series against a depleted English team.

4 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Exaggeration. Pakistan has not won a test series there since 1996. This is their best chance though with already 1 up in a 2 match series against a depleted English team.

I said in the last 10 years, meaning post 2008. 4-5 W/L over 10 years in a SENA country is incredible.

Edited by Gollum

Credit where credit is due. Well played pakistan.. totally deserved this victory.

Indian player take note.. you need to be in the country 3/4 weeks before a major 5 test tour to get used to the conditions... it will be slap on the face if India lose in the later part of the summer.