Congratulations to Pakistan

Well played Boyz.  Deserved Win. Allthough could have avoided wearing smart watches.

All white English team is never going to be good enough against any decent team in any conditions. Root needs to get this fact in his head ASAP else another loss coming up.

24 minutes ago, velu said:

when i use to follow tests , you guys smash them..

one memorable game akhtar keep bowling unplayable yorkers 

Some of my childhood memories as well, NZ was the favorite punching bag for Pakistanis right from when I saw the 1999 WC SF. One night I woke up early and switched on the TV, saw a a skinny guy called Sami (my troll grandpa convinced me that he was Hindu and that Pakistanis call Swamy as Sami in their country :phehe:) bowl unplayable 155kph+ toe crushing yorkers and NZ batsmen dancing all over the pitch to protect their feet.

Edited by Gollum
36 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Some of my childhood memories as well, NZ was the favorite punching bag for Pakistanis right from when I saw the 1999 WC SF. One night I woke up early and switched on the TV, saw a a skinny guy called Sami (my troll grandpa convinced me that he was Hindu and that Pakistanis call Swamy as Sami in their country :phehe:) bowl unplayable 155kph+ toe crushing yorkers and NZ batsmen dancing all over the pitch to protect their feet.

Took a hattrick in that game Sami?

His final figures were like 6 for 10 or something. Kiwis were blown away by his pace lol.

Speaking of, Sami's hairstyle was quite popular among us school mates and we used to copy his action and haircut which pissed my dad so much that he ordered our local barber to cut my hair short to fauzi style.

My inner fast bowler died that day.

Edited by Stradlater
2 hours ago, velu said:

when i use to follow tests , you guys smash them..

one memorable game akhtar keep bowling unplayable yorkers 

yeah till just last few years... even best of NZ team during 90s, early 00s used to be our weakest opponent...

Mid 90s wasim, waqar used to totally destroy them, then Gul, Sami, asif etc in 2000s...

it might surprise you, Shoaib played Only 1 test there, took 5for in both inngs I think...

Its just now since last couple of tours, a new look team goes there and struggles big time to adjust...

2 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Was really impressed by Abbas.No faltu ka ho halla about pace. The guy just bowled at correct lengths and reaped the awards.

Looks a bit old for making debut though. Where was he all these years?

he is a rare bowling selection who got selected purely bcz of consistently superb First class performance in last couple of years otherwise they usually pick bowlers purely on gut-feelings of ex-bowlers ;) doesn't matter how much, if any, first class experience he got...

11 minutes ago, Asim said:

yeah till just last few years... even best of NZ team during 90s, early 00s used to be our weakest opponent...

Mid 90s wasim, waqar used to totally destroy them, then Gul, Sami, asif etc in 2000s...

it might surprise you, Shoaib played Only 1 test there, took 5for in both inngs I think...

Its just now since last couple of tours, a new look team goes there and struggles big time to adjust...

thats the only game i actually remember  

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/15111/scorecard/64068/new-zealand-vs-pakistan-2nd-test-pakistan-tour-of-new-zealand-2003-04/

11 minutes ago, velu said:

yeah and I guess it same match in which Pak required just 25,30 runs at closing of Day-4, inzi was all set at crease and he just walkedoff at closing time, umpires, Pak and even NZ players everyone was thinking (almost pleading) he should take extra 30 mins and finish it today but he kept walking, next day it was cold and drizzling, all cloudy, game started late and just took 15,20 mins for Pak to finish...

11 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Exaggeration. Pakistan has not won a test series there since 1996. This is their best chance though with already 1 up in a 2 match series against a depleted English team.

Which. Players is this England side missing for it to be termed depleted?