Sign in to follow this  
Stradlater

Congratulations to Pakistan

Yeah well played , they are a very different team in England for some reason . 

Eng , Australia and SA are at its weakest , having already messed up the SA tour , let's see how we do in England ..this is another series for taking , but we won't win if we continue to play the musical chair however weak the opposition is .

Yup, credit where due :hatsoff:. Pakistan have been splendid in England yet again, comfortably the 2nd best visiting side to Eng behind ATG SA in the last 10 years or so. This is their 4th win against Eng in Eng post 2010 (P 9, W 4, L 5) !!! In 2016 they won 2 tests in late (dry) summer, but this time a rookie Pak outfit has won in early summer, a period where traditionally England enjoys much greater benefit of the conditions.

5 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Eng , Australia and SA are at its weakest , having already messed up the SA tour , let's see how we do in England ..this is another series for taking , but we won't win if we continue to play the musical chair however weak the opposition is .

Anderson seems  past his best. Cook is way too inconsistant, Root can't go past 100, 2 dead woods Stoneman & Malan .... If India  can't win this time  then  no point in being the no:1 team

20 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Watching Mickey Arthur as their coach makes me so angry. World's richest board can do better than Bevda, Sridhar, Arun. Even Bangladesh had Walsh as their bowling coach recently....when will merit ever be a parameter to get a job in BCCI I wonder?

This is what happens when ganwar log becomes rich suddenly.

The buffons at BCCI aren't even fit to run a local nagarpalika let alone the World's richest cricket board in a country of 1.3 billion.

38 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Watching Mickey Arthur as their coach makes me so angry. World's richest board can do better than Bevda, Sridhar, Arun. Even Bangladesh had Walsh as their bowling coach recently....when will merit ever be a parameter to get a job in BCCI I wonder?

IIRC, Kirsten wanted out of the job after his contract ended. I guess it could be that there were players who could be so big that he may not tell them what he thought would be right for the team for fear that he may end up in controversy like Chappell did. We could have gone with Tom Moody he is quite good unlike Chappell but he would come with the same attitude towards "Big" players. Its the whole system that needs a revision.

1 hour ago, jusarrived said:

Though its a thumping win by Pakistan, you really cant compare 2 match series with 5 tests that India will play. Its the same situation in 2014 when SL drawn the test series there in 2 match series. India went next and was 1-0 up after 2 tests but England came back strongly and won the last 3 tests.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Yup, credit where due :hatsoff:. Pakistan have been splendid in England yet again, comfortably the 2nd best visiting side to Eng behind ATG SA in the last 10 years or so. This is their 4th win against Eng in Eng post 2010 (P 9, W 4, L 5) !!! In 2016 they won 2 tests in late (dry) summer, but this time a rookie Pak outfit has won in early summer, a period where traditionally England enjoys much greater benefit of the conditions.

Exaggeration. Pakistan has not won a test series there since 1996. This is their best chance though with already 1 up in a 2 match series against a depleted English team.

4 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Exaggeration. Pakistan has not won a test series there since 1996. This is their best chance though with already 1 up in a 2 match series against a depleted English team.

I said in the last 10 years, meaning post 2008. 4-5 W/L over 10 years in a SENA country is incredible.

Edited by Gollum

Congrats to Pakistan. Impressive victory. They did a splendid job in arranging a test match against Ireland and 3 practice match to make sure their players are well accomodated

Credit where credit is due. Well played pakistan.. totally deserved this victory.

Indian player take note.. you need to be in the country 3/4 weeks before a major 5 test tour to get used to the conditions... it will be slap on the face if India lose in the later part of the summer.

Just checked the result, and boy I wasn't expecting this. 

Congratulations to the boys. Heard great things about that kid shadab, hope he does well in remainder of the tour as well. 

Well played Boyz.  Deserved Win. Allthough could have avoided wearing smart watches.

All white English team is never going to be good enough against any decent team in any conditions. Root needs to get this fact in his head ASAP else another loss coming up.

24 minutes ago, velu said:

when i use to follow tests , you guys smash them..

one memorable game akhtar keep bowling unplayable yorkers 

Some of my childhood memories as well, NZ was the favorite punching bag for Pakistanis right from when I saw the 1999 WC SF. One night I woke up early and switched on the TV, saw a a skinny guy called Sami (my troll grandpa convinced me that he was Hindu and that Pakistanis call Swamy as Sami in their country :phehe:) bowl unplayable 155kph+ toe crushing yorkers and NZ batsmen dancing all over the pitch to protect their feet.

Edited by Gollum

36 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Some of my childhood memories as well, NZ was the favorite punching bag for Pakistanis right from when I saw the 1999 WC SF. One night I woke up early and switched on the TV, saw a a skinny guy called Sami (my troll grandpa convinced me that he was Hindu and that Pakistanis call Swamy as Sami in their country :phehe:) bowl unplayable 155kph+ toe crushing yorkers and NZ batsmen dancing all over the pitch to protect their feet.

Took a hattrick in that game Sami?

His final figures were like 6 for 10 or something. Kiwis were blown away by his pace lol.

Speaking of, Sami's hairstyle was quite popular among us school mates and we used to copy his action and haircut which pissed my dad so much that he ordered our local barber to cut my hair short to fauzi style.

My inner fast bowler died that day.

Edited by Stradlater

2 hours ago, velu said:

when i use to follow tests , you guys smash them..

one memorable game akhtar keep bowling unplayable yorkers 

yeah till just last few years... even best of NZ team during 90s, early 00s used to be our weakest opponent...

Mid 90s wasim, waqar used to totally destroy them, then Gul, Sami, asif etc in 2000s...

it might surprise you, Shoaib played Only 1 test there, took 5for in both inngs I think...

Its just now since last couple of tours, a new look team goes there and struggles big time to adjust...

2 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Was really impressed by Abbas.No faltu ka ho halla about pace. The guy just bowled at correct lengths and reaped the awards.

Looks a bit old for making debut though. Where was he all these years?

he is a rare bowling selection who got selected purely bcz of consistently superb First class performance in last couple of years otherwise they usually pick bowlers purely on gut-feelings of ex-bowlers ;) doesn't matter how much, if any, first class experience he got...

11 minutes ago, Asim said:

yeah till just last few years... even best of NZ team during 90s, early 00s used to be our weakest opponent...

Mid 90s wasim, waqar used to totally destroy them, then Gul, Sami, asif etc in 2000s...

it might surprise you, Shoaib played Only 1 test there, took 5for in both inngs I think...

Its just now since last couple of tours, a new look team goes there and struggles big time to adjust...

thats the only game i actually remember  

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/15111/scorecard/64068/new-zealand-vs-pakistan-2nd-test-pakistan-tour-of-new-zealand-2003-04/

11 minutes ago, velu said:

yeah and I guess it same match in which Pak required just 25,30 runs at closing of Day-4, inzi was all set at crease and he just walkedoff at closing time, umpires, Pak and even NZ players everyone was thinking (almost pleading) he should take extra 30 mins and finish it today but he kept walking, next day it was cold and drizzling, all cloudy, game started late and just took 15,20 mins for Pak to finish...

11 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Which. Players is this England side missing for it to be termed depleted?

That was brilliant by Pakistan.  It's a significant accomplishment, especially when you consider how much of a flux they tend to be in.

They have certainly set us a benchmark when we get to England later.

7 hours ago, Iconoclast said:

Pakistan now have to go on and win this short series.

This is the best chance you folks have got. England are already mentally surrendered and with a pussy like Root at the helm I don't think they have it in them to comeback strongly after the psychological scars this bowling line up has inflicted upon their batsmen.

18 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Pakistan lost the first test series in England in 2006. Even then, it was due to biased umpiring so blatant even the commentators acknowledged and then the chapter of accusation on ball tempering with no evidence to back with.

Before that, Pakistan maintained unbeaten dominance in England for the last 2 decades. Pakistan loves England, or the platform for that matter.

Pakistan has done what Phuck De India will never achieve. Kohli with his injury will make it even more improbable. England will shake this off and be ready for India. 

On 5/27/2018 at 9:25 AM, Austin 3:!6 said:

Though its a thumping win by Pakistan, you really cant compare 2 match series with 5 tests that India will play. Its the same situation in 2014 when SL drawn the test series there in 2 match series. India went next and was 1-0 up after 2 tests but England came back strongly and won the last 3 tests.

thats why you need 5 test series, 2 or 3 tests are not sufficient time to find the better team. But i guess 2 is better than nothing so not complaining. 

5 minutes ago, dandaroy said:

Pakistan has done what Phuck De India will never achieve. Kohli with his injury will make it even more improbable. England will shake this off and be ready for India. 

how do you know that.  dont spread negativity.

18 minutes ago, Vilander said:

how do you know that.  dont spread negativity.

Bruh, past records speak of future performance. What happened in SA tour in tests after all the talk this SA team is weak. By the time India managed to salvage something, it was lost cause. I have been watching Indian cricket for a LONG time. Talk to me after the test series is over. 

8 minutes ago, dandaroy said:

Bruh, past records speak of future performance. What happened in SA tour in tests after all the talk this SA team is weak. By the time India managed to salvage something, it was lost cause. I have been watching Indian cricket for a LONG time. Talk to me after the test series is over. 

dude, but India has won in England in past, lost few times as well. And SA was a 3 test series, definitely if there was a fourth test India would have equalized. This time it will be no different. India does reasonably well in England, they are poor in Aus and SA.