Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
vvvslaxman

Poor DD missed out on this gem

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

For debate sake imagine him playing with Pant on those small grounds lol He would have done far better than maxie. 

Problem with teams like DD is that players won’t be motivated to do well neither they have any fan base and they are down at the bottom of the table most of the times so I think Watson would have been a flop like how he was in RCB.

Edited by gambhirfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gambhirfan said:

Problem with teams like DD is that players won’t be motivated to do well neither they have any fan base and they are at the bottom of the table most of the times so I think Watson would have been a flop like how he was in RCB.

True. Only thing that can change the culture is a good captain. But DD was too late to bring Gambhir back. He was well past by sell date. They should look for someone like Kane Williamson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

True. Only thing that can change the culture is a good captain. But DD was too late to bring Gambhir back. He was well past by sell date. They should look for someone like Kane Williamson. 

Srh won’t be that dumb to release him and Iyer was always the blue eyed boy to lead Delhi unfortunately he’s not a captaincy material and I feel sorry for him as the guy is just into his fourth season and out of nowhere he was made the captain of the team.Only hope is that Gmr completely hands over the team to Jsw.Apart from Morgan if he is bought next year I don’t see any body else as a captainship material.Plus seems that Fraud Maxwell will be retained and guys like Roy and Munro will get the boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Problem with teams like DD is that players won’t be motivated to do well neither they have any fan base and they are down at the bottom of the table most of the times so I think Watson would have been a flop like how he was in RCB.
Btw , didn't some kid hit 46 in 19 balls on debut with DD?
So Watson kya cheez hai.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Srh won’t be that dumb to release him and Iyer was always the blue eyed boy to lead Delhi unfortunately he’s not a captaincy material and I feel sorry for him as the guy is just into his fourth season and out of nowhere he was made the captain of the team.Only hope is that Gmr completely hands over the team to Jsw.Apart from Morgan if he is bought next year I don’t see any body else as a captainship material.Plus seems that Fraud Maxwell will be retained and guys like Roy and Munro will get the boot.


Honestly A Bigger concern for me at this point is that Iyer is NOT AT ALL a captaincy material .
He is a flop batsman except 1-2 performances, and it already seems like he is being marked for India team captaincy in the post-Kohli era.

And this is the reason I feel Indian cricket will have a dark future when the current gen retires
None of the players have spark that old players had.

Atleast Kohli plays well.
Yeh Iyer tou...

JSW is managing Bengaluru FC well....but I don't think JSW taking over will increase the fanbase well.
Delhi crowd will never really gather that much for local club sport like Kolkata , Mumbai or Chennai.


Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Abhishek Sharma 


Yeah I know.
So I was like, if a 17 yr old kid can debut well with DD , and Pant can do well, then why not Watto?
Anyways , DD will never win an IPL till they have a substantial fanbase.
IPL is anyways seems to be scripted to a certain extent so I tend to take the performances with a pinch of salt

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:


 

 


Honestly A Bigger concern for me at this point is that Iyer is NOT AT ALL a captaincy material .
He is a flop batsman except 1-2 performances, and it already seems like he is being marked for India team captaincy in the post-Kohli era.

And this is the reason I feel Indian cricket will have a dark future when the current gen retires
None of the players have spark that old players had.

Atleast Kohli plays well.
Yeh Iyer tou...emoji58.pngemoji58.pngemoji58.pngemoji58.pngemoji58.pngemoji58.pngemoji58.png

JSW is managing Bengaluru FC well....but I don't think JSW taking over will increase the fanbase well.
Delhi crowd will never really gather that much for local club sport like Kolkata , Mumbai or Chennai.


Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk
 

 

This was my third Ipl game at the Kotla.Had seen DD vs MI twice 2010 and 2012 of course Sachin was cheered and due to him few supported MI and in 2012 as well but still I remember the support for Delhi was quite good.This time against Csk it seemed as if I was a supporter of an away team.Where I was seated me my cousin two kids and their parents were DD supporters.I never imagined that Gmr would completely destroy the fanbase like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gambhirfan said:

This was my third Ipl game at the Kotla.Had seen DD vs MI twice 2010 and 2012 of course Sachin was cheered and due to him few supported MI and in 2012 as well but still I remember the support for Delhi was quite good.This time against Csk it seemed as if I was a supporter of an away team.Where I was seated me my cousin two kids and their parents were DD supporters.I never imagined that Gmr would completely destroy the fanbase like this.

 

these guys destroyed blackburn rovers as well :phehe:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:


 

 


Yeah I know.
So I was like, if a 17 yr old kid can debut well with DD , and Pant can do well, then why not Watto?
Anyways , DD will never win an IPL till they have a substantial fanbase.
IPL is anyways seems to be scripted to a certain extent so I tend to take the performances with a pinch of salt

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk
 

 

Imagine playing in front of your home crowd but still not being supported what motivation will Watson have to do well for DD who are losers and yes I agree even I don’t think Ipl is genuine.It works more on brand value than on cricketing terms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

True. Only thing that can change the culture is a good captain. But DD was too late to bring Gambhir back. He was well past by sell date. They should look for someone like Kane Williamson. 

Only positive with Iyer as skipper is at least some one who will be there for longterm and also we won’t have to endure a skipper who is past his prime like Mahela,Kp,Zak (was decent for us) or Gambhir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



This was my third Ipl game at the Kotla.Had seen DD vs MI twice 2010 and 2012 of course Sachin was cheered and due to him few supported MI and in 2012 as well but still I remember the support for Delhi was quite good.This time against Csk it seemed as if I was a supporter of an away team.Where I was seated me my cousin two kids and their parents were DD supporters.I never imagined that Gmr would completely destroy the fanbase like this.


The problem with Delhi is that they never had a consistent player who connected with the crowd with his personality and also scored huge like ABDV , Gayle and even Kohli to some extent.
They have a good scouting system I must say-but the thing is, they never actively worked to establish ground support.
They scouted good players and then sold them off.
While Pant is (arguably) good, that Iyer dude will NEVER be good enough for people to dote on , as much as Bunty Sajdeh would love him to be the Next Captain of Team India.

Waise hi I find Delhi crowd much less passionate about sports as a whole , TBH
(I have acquitances in that city).
They are not Like even Kolkata or Mumbai, leave alone the rabid South India crowd , who are utterly loyal to their team despite having no local stars.

They really needed to groom a local star(if not a good core like other teams) and win matches consistently to revive their fanbases.
Unfortunately a half of these bench will be sold off elsewhere and there they will shine(hopefully)



Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

For debate sake imagine him playing with Pant on those small grounds lol He would have done far better than maxie. 

he played in a small ground at chinnaswamy with gayle, kohli, ABDV, rahul

he is strong enough to clear any ground........at the end its about team setup thats gets the best out of u 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Imagine playing in front of your home crowd but still not being supported what motivation will Watson have to do well for DD who are losers and yes I agree even I don’t think Ipl is genuine.It works more on brand value than on cricketing terms.


DD depends a lot on Individual talent and hunger for success than grooming youngsters.
They unarguably have the best talent agents in the IPL franchise but they absolutely can't manage or groom that talent.

While,what CSK excels at is they are extremely competitive about winning.
They are in it to win it.
CSK team management has the ability to motivate their players to play their game for the trophy.
Hunger is the bottomline of T20 cricket.
Ofcourse physical capabilities do pose a limit, but being motivated is the biggest thing.
Getting 2 T20 centuries out of a retired player is a big deal-and CSK has done that.
They have succeeded in winning the cup despite people labelling them as dadu team- they proved that experience triumphs over Youth.

Even Captaincy matters a lot.
SRH and especially KKR had a horrid bench strength-nobody had hopes on them.
Still, KW and DK motivated their teams enough to squeeze out some good performances.
Ofcourse, after Iyer became the captain, DD won most of their matches.
But that mostly goes to individual young players hungry for success over good captaincy.
(Plus I do think some of the matches were scripted to make them win so that their public perception improves).
But let's think, could Iyer had done it if he had , for say, KKR'S squad?
It is pretty well known that DD has probably one of the best bench strengths of this year's IPL.
Well, his real test would be next year, but given his own incompetence and DD's internal turmoil, I really doubt.
That Shaw dude lost his initial fire within matches.

Now, coming back to the topic, Ponting obviously cares more about his own image than making a gun team.
Watto has been his old teammate- so I feel he could've backed him well.
But getting good performances?
I don't think so.
He is nowhere a good motivator like Dhoni and the rest of the CSK management who treat senior players very well.

That's what I respect about CSK.
Call them old age home, but they respect their old stars like nobody else.
No wonder they have the biggest fanbase.

T20 is all about motivation, planning and captaincy.
Getting the best players of the world in the squad will fall feeka in front of a rag tag team of gully level players with a brainy and determined captain.
You can't win every single game expecting talented kids to click.

DD is poor man's RCB.One of my friends dubbed them "Talented Ba66o Discovery Yojana" after their run this year.
You can't do anything when the Coach is a dumbo and the captain is confused as hell.
One good thing though is Iyer doesn't demotivate players like Kohli in RCB tends to do.







Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, gambhirfan said:

Problem with teams like DD is that players won’t be motivated to do well neither they have any fan base and they are down at the bottom of the table most of the times so I think Watson would have been a flop like how he was in RCB.

he failed with RCB because of Kohli's selfishness. Watson barely opened for RCB. Even in this edition, Kohli's selfishness was shown when he started opening after a match winning inning by Vohra on a rank turner and dropped him.  The loss against RR was Kohli's doing. His struggles against spin are well known. Still he opened and again got owned by a spinner.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

he failed with RCB because of Kohli's selfishness. Watson barely opened for RCB. Even in this edition, Kohli's selfishness was shown when he started opening after a match winning inning by Vohra on a rank turner and dropped him.  The loss against RR was Kohli's doing. His struggles against spin are well known. Still he opened and again got owned by a spinner.  

Virat did well as an opener in 2016 for Rcb and If I am not wrong Watson didn’t score much as an opener when Vk was injured in 2017  for few matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gambhirfan said:

Virat did well as an opener in 2016 for Rcb and If I am not wrong Watson didn’t score much as an opener when Vk was injured in 2017  for few matches.

Kohli opening was a bad move when your middle order is struggling. One hand, he says their middle order is struggling and then goes opening. If you have weak middle order then strength it and not start opening when you already have so many openers and you yourself are not the quickest starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Kohli opening was a bad move when your middle order is struggling. One hand, he says their middle order is struggling and then goes opening. If you have weak middle order then strength it and not start opening when you already have so many openers and you yourself are not the quickest starter.

 

I've been saying this all through IPL. In a struggling batting lineup Virat and AB should have played in the middle order, keeps them in the game for longer. Virat is average in the powerplays anyway. Selecting Sarfaraz in the middle order instead of Vohra at the top, really cost RCB at least a game or two.

 

RCB ended up just one win short of qualifying for the playoffs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In 2016, it made a bit more sense for Virat to open because the middle order was relatively much stronger. Rahul was in very good form. There was Watson. Even Mandeep, Sarfaraz and Sachin Baby were making decent contributions. Even then Watson opening probably would have been a better option. Watson is not particularly suited in the middle order, needs the powerplay to get started and once gets a little set usually plays a big innings.

 

Watson

Gayle

* Kohli

ABDV

Rahul

Mandeep

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2018 at 11:29 AM, rkt.india said:

he failed with RCB because of Kohli's selfishness. Watson barely opened for RCB. Even in this edition, Kohli's selfishness was shown when he started opening after a match winning inning by Vohra on a rank turner and dropped him.  The loss against RR was Kohli's doing. His struggles against spin are well known. Still he opened and again got owned by a spinner.  

their is a diff in being selfish and not trusting others .......

HE just has trust in himeslef, ABDV, chahal, umesh and gayle till last season so these guys have defined roles to take team home.......and others are left to do watever is left and that is not a role. As a result all look clueless and guys like ABDV perform due to defined roles. In the end they end up having a team of few

 

He never trusted vohra or any youngsters and its a pattern with him every were . Had he been selfish he wud have done that in indian team but he doesnt need to coz he trust dhawan n rohit. Here he trsut himself n abdv so he wants to give them MAx balls which isnt even wrong but then define others role as well. With indian team he gets away as most have defined roles when he stepped in as captain. 

 

His teams failure reason is the startegy that every one will do the work left around kohli n abdv and it never works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×