SK_IH

Afghanistan tour of India at Bengaluru, Jun 14-18 2018 - Pre-Match Discussion.

Looking forward to this contest,Afghans will not be pushovers for sure.also want to see what kind of combination Rahane's plays in this match, 3 spinners  or seamers including Pandya.

My XI :

Dhawan

Rahul

Pujara

Rahane

Karun

Pandya

Saha 

Jadeja

Kuldeep

Ishant

Umesh

My playing 11

1. Rahul

2. Vijay

3. Pujara

4. Karun

5. Rahane

6. Ashwin

7. Saha

8. Jadeja /  Ishant

9. Kuldeep

10. Umesh

11. Shami

--  If greentop then replace one of the spinners with Ishant.

Edited by express bowling

4 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Nightmare for Rahane, Rashid and Mujeeb would torment him 

I am expecting a greetop against Afghanistan.   

That would negate Afghan spinners and give better practice for England tests.

Our batters would play pacers much better than Afghans too.

4 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Looking forward to this contest,Afghans will not be pushovers for sure.also want to see what kind of combination Rahane's plays in this match, 3 spinners  or seamers including Pandya.

My XI :

Dhawan

Rahul

Pujara

Rahane

Karun

Pandya

Saha 

Jadeja

Kuldeep

Ishant

Umesh

Where is Ashwin  ?

5 hours ago, SK_IH said:

My XI :

Dhawan

Rahul

Pujara

Rahane

Karun

Pandya

Saha 

Jadeja

Kuldeep

Ishant

Umesh

Lol Ishant :phehe:

6 hours ago, SK_IH said:

no place , i cant bear the sight of him bowling leg spinners in tests 

Ashwin has been our biggest match winner in tests in India in the last few years 

There is zero percent chance of him getting dropped if fit.

Edited by express bowling

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Ashwin has been out biggest match winner in tests in India in the last few years 

I beg to differ,he hasn't been the same since his injury ,though I don't have the numbers at the moment

I honestly don't think Afghanistan spinners will be as lethal in Test as they are in limited overs as there is no pressure of chasing run rate and I have full faith in Rahul , Murali Vijay and ChePu to negotiate their spin.

If the pitch is rank Turner than our batsman are more capable to withstand their spinners than their batsman are of withstanding ours.

Maybe the wicket will be green top to get used to English condition.

1. Murali Vijay 

2. Shikhar Dhawan 

3. KL Rahul 

4. Cheteshwar Pujara 

5. Ajinkya Rahane (C) 

6. Karun Nair 

7. Wriddhiman Saha (WK) 

8. Ravichandran Ashwin 

9. Ravindra Jadeja 

10. Mohammad Shami 

11. Umesh Yadav 

51 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

1. Murali Vijay 

2. Shikhar Dhawan 

3. KL Rahul 

4. Cheteshwar Pujara 

5. Ajinkya Rahane (C) 

6. Karun Nair 

7. Wriddhiman Saha (WK) 

8. Ravichandran Ashwin 

9. Ravindra Jadeja 

10. Mohammad Shami 

11. Umesh Yadav 

I would take Nair out and put Kuldeep in

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

My playing 11

1. Rahul

2. Vijay

3. Pujara

4. Karun

5. Rahane

6. Ashwin

7. Saha

8. Jadeja /  Ishant

9. Kuldeep

10. Umesh

11. Shami

--  If greentop then replace one of the spinners with Ishant.

Greentop in Bangalore :hysterical:. You knwo what they should try it will be a better prep for the england tour than odis and t20s

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Ashwin has been our biggest match winner in tests in India in the last few years 

He is also a good test bat

12 hours ago, SK_IH said:

I beg to differ,he hasn't been the same since his injury ,though I don't have the numbers at the moment

That's true but still he played a big role in the Bengaluru test against Aus in 2017. Against Lanka home and away, he was top wicket taker in both the series...did well in SA, was robbed off a 10fer in Centurion. I am more concerned with his batting decline tbh, we will need his lower order 50s in England. 

Vijay

Rahul

Dhawan (must have played Rashid in the nets)

Che

Rahane (c)

Nair

Karthik (wk, assuming Saha is injured as reports indicate)

Ashwin

Jadeja

Shami

Umesh

20 wickets won't be a problem but bolster the batting so that their bowlers don't become a banana peel. 

Edited by Gollum

10 hours ago, Garuda said:

Greentop in Bangalore :hysterical:. You knwo what they should try it will be a better prep for the england tour than odis and t20s

We see a lot of green tops in Bangalore in Ranji trophy.  

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

That's true but still he played a big role in the Bengaluru test against Aus in 2017. Against Lanka home and away, he was top wicket taker in both the series...did well in SA, was robbed off a 10fer in Centurion. I am more concerned with his batting decline tbh, we will need his lower order 50s in England. 

i have certain bias towards wristys, especially considering Ashwin hasnt been in top form recently

Regarding his batting, dont rate it so highly anyways, him batting at no.6 for Ind in Cape Town was a cruel joke 

30 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

i have certain bias towards wristys, especially considering Ashwin hasnt been in top form recently

Regarding his batting, dont rate it so highly anyways, him batting at no.6 for Ind in Cape Town was a cruel joke 

Not when no 5 was Rohit Sharma and the way the top 3 applied themselves :phehe:. He did ok with the bat in SA however. He is the perfect no 8 batsman for us, probably the best in the world at that position.

On 5/29/2018 at 2:24 PM, express bowling said:

I am expecting a greetop against Afghanistan.   

That would negate Afghan spinners and give better practice for England tests.

Our batters would play pacers much better than Afghans too.

that means umesh, shammi and BUmrah in the eleven with may be Kuldeep or Ashwin. i think they would keep a track which does not help spinners and then Ashwin or Kuldeep could be the only Spinner in the eleven.

three pronged fast attack of Umesh, shammi and Bumrah is good enuf to break afghan line up...1 spinner should be enuf as the spinner will bowl for a long spell and pacers could continue to Support from the other end.

SHAMMI has relaxed with his legs Up in the IPL so he must be warming up to perform big, bumrah and umesh also will have some rest so would bowl with energy.

May be Hardik or Jadeja ( one of the two) gets into the eleven or even both may not play and they may play a proper batsman into the 11.if Saha plays then our batting is weakened and we may play only 4 bowlers and if karthik plays as keeper then even our keeper can bat.

ISHANT could sit out.

Mystery Spinner Kuldeep should be played ahead of ASHWIN as the only SPinner as if we play 2 spinners and the track turns then afghanisthan as RASHID who is definitely much ahead of ASHWIN and Kuldeep( i m not considering jaedja as he is definitely behind both) is going to run through INDIAN line up.

if we have to manage RASHID then the track should not SPIN and on a track which does not SPIN at all Ashwin fails..so Kuldeep has to PLAY and bowl long Spells.

Umesh ,shammi and Bumrah are our premier PACE Bowlers.

umesh OR SHAMMI ,bumrah,Hardik and BHUVI could be our TEST PACE attack with Ashwin/kuldeep in england.

20 hours ago, Vilander said:

I know we want great things from Afg, but competing in tests against a team like current India takes a lot of ability and experience.

PUJARA will HIT A Century...He does not like to get out in INDIA. Scores long innings.

Murli also plays Selfish slow innings, these two guys  dont like to Score and don't like to get out and both these guys would be very HUNGRY.

One great thing that Selectors did was showed the door to ROHIT as far as tests are concerned and showed doors to Rahane as far as ODI and T20 are concerned.

now Pujara ,Murli and rahane are restricted to tests , they will succeed big.

if i would have been the selector then I would not select Hardik in T20, he should play in ODI only and in tests where a Pace All rounder is preferred to a Spinning all rounder.

On 5/29/2018 at 10:12 AM, SK_IH said:

My XI :

Dhawan

Rahul

Pujara

Rahane

Karun

Pandya

Saha 

Jadeja

Kuldeep

Ishant

Umesh

u cnt drop vijay n ashwin , vijay is a must in england and ashwin will add to batting 

Think they'll play 7 batsmen + 4 bowlers against Afghan (where Pandya is considered a batsman and Ashwin a bowler)

Batting isn't Afghan's strength.. Four bowlers might be good to bowl them out.. Have an extra batsman as cushion against Rashid, Mujeeb rampage.

So, 5 batsmen + Saha + Pandya + Ashwin + 3 other bowlers

6 hours ago, saik said:

My Team:

Vijay

Dhawan

Rahul

Pujara

Rahane

Ashwin

Dk

Pandya

Jadeja/Kuldeep

Thakur

Ishant

Umesh yadav is in such good form , you cant play Shardul thakur ahead of Umesh Yadav (when in form) at least in TESTS.

Umesh Yadav becomes a Terror in Tests when he gets his Mojo.

6 hours ago, saik said:

My Team:

Vijay

Dhawan

Rahul

Pujara

Rahane

Ashwin

Dk

Pandya

Jadeja/Kuldeep

Thakur

Ishant

ishant is always a HOLDING Bowler and in full form a Bounce bowler at best , so for Tests in INDIA, Shammi is a much better bet than ISHANT, I would play Shammi, UMesh, Hardik,ASHWIN and Kuldeep as the bowlers, with 2 spinners in team holding job can be done by them.

3 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Umesh yadav is in such good form , you cant play Shardul thakur ahead of Umesh Yadav (when in form) at least in TESTS.

Umesh Yadav becomes a Terror in Tests when he gets his Mojo. 

You are right. But I just wanted to see how Thakur plays against a minnow team.

1 hour ago, saik said:

You are right. But I just wanted to see how Thakur plays against a minnow team.

Isn't it a big risk  ?   

Shardul may perform against minnows and look awful against strong teams.

Rajpoot and Saini are comfortably ahead of Shardul as test prospects ... but it is Shardul who is getting selected  !!

9 hours ago, express bowling said:

Isn't it a big risk  ?   

Shardul may perform against minnows and look awful against strong teams.

Rajpoot and Saini are comfortably ahead of Shardul as test prospects ... but it is Shardul who is getting selected  !!

Shardul  is Mohit incarnate, similar timd pace,gets regularly tonked against half decent bats....captains lucky charm, ironically identical situation,happy rolling back to mediocrity:p:

Picking fastish googlies in tests is far easier compared to T20s where you look to score every delivery. 

Can only imagine non Asian teams having some trouble in picking these Afghan spinners on turning tracks. Even they usually fall for guile and conventional spin rather than mysteries. 

Edited by Vk1

Guest, sign in to access all features.