SK_IH

Afghanistan tour of India at Bengaluru, Jun 14-18 2018 - Pre-Match Discussion.

Afghan skipper cautions India ahead of Test debut

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/afghanistan-tour-of-india/afghan-skipper-cautions-india-ahead-of-test-debut/articleshow/64508385.cms

"Great preparation for the Test match against India - the morale is high," the skipper said after his side pipped Bangladesh by one run in the third and final T20I here on Thursday.

"Last couple of years we have performed well. We want to achieve it for Afghanistan. 

You see the batsmen, bowlers are all in good form."

Leg-spinner Rashid (WARNE :phehe:)Khan, the architect of Afghanistan's 3-0 whitewash of Bangladesh, might well be the frontman in Bengaluru and he is looking forward to the big occasion.

"Full credit to my fitness - if you're fit, you can deliver in any department; it doesn't matter whether I'm playing in league cricket or the national team, I just want to enjoy," he said.

Don't give Afghanistan turning track for India Test: Lalchand Rajput

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/afghanistan-tour-of-india/dont-give-afghanistan-turning-track-lalchand-rajput/articleshow/64488764.cms

“On a turning wicket, Rashid will be dangerous. If we give Afghanistan a turning wicket, we’ll perish, because they have at least three good spinners,” Rajput, who’s now the head coach of Zimbabwe, told TOI. Afghanistan have picked as many as five spinners — Khan, Rehman (off-spinner), Mohammad Nabi (off-spinner), Zahir Khan (chinaman), and left-arm spinner Amir Hamza — for the Test.

“Their fast bowling attack is comparatively much weaker. The best option for India is to go for a ‘green top’ and unleash their pacers, who can then even finish off the match inside three days,” felt Rajput. While they’ve rested Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Jasprit Bumrah, India have included Mohammad Shami, Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Shardul Thakur and Hardik Pandya for this match.

Rajput recommends that India would be better off tackling the Rashid (WARNE :giggle:)Khan threat by pinching singles off him. “It’s very simple. If you try to hit him, you’ll end up giving away your wicket. To negotiate him, you’ve to play on the front foot, and not go on the back foot at all. You’ve to try and not overpower him, but milk him for singles,” he observed.

'We have better spinners than India' - Asghar Stanikzai

http://www.espn.in/cricket/story/_/id/23740602/we-better-spinners-india-says-afghanistan-captain-asghar-stanikzai

Clowns running their big mouths. Just because they had a good run in a circus T20 league, itna ghamand. Rashid and Mujib aren't fit to tie Ash-Jaddu's shoe laces and nakhre dekhon in logon ke. We should show these guys no mercy.

i think indians will create a serious Green Pitch and bhuvi Umesh and Bumrah will knock them off.

Brand New ball with BHuvi- i expect him to get at least two wickets in his first Spell of 6 overs and if he gets three wickets I will not be surprised.

if Umesh opens with BHuvi then Umesh could also get equal number of wickets by getting few LBW/Bowled or caught by Keeper.

BHuvi will gets the swing and will get slips to catch or caught by the keeper.

Bumrah would create terror and will terrorise their batsman , get a few bowled or lbw....

kinda a competition among bowlers who get the batsman early...

On 6/9/2018 at 10:17 PM, Gollum said:

'We have better spinners than India' - Asghar Stanikzai

http://www.espn.in/cricket/story/_/id/23740602/we-better-spinners-india-says-afghanistan-captain-asghar-stanikzai

Clowns running their big mouths. Just because they had a good run in a circus T20 league, itna ghamand. Rashid and Mujib aren't fit to tie Ash-Jaddu's shoe laces and nakhre dekhon in logon ke. We should show these guys no mercy.

No doubt about rashid khan..he is definitely very good and i can put him better than Kuldeep and as good as ashwin but kuldeep is a mystery bowler so kuldeep should play ahead of ashwin. 

rashid will be a threat against us but if india scores 200..afg will score 100..and if we score 600..afg will score 170

7 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

No doubt about rashid khan..he is definitely very good and i can put him better than Kuldeep and as good as ashwin but kuldeep is a mystery bowler so kuldeep should play ahead of ashwin. 

rashid will be a threat against us but if india scores 200..afg will score 100..and if we score 600..afg will score 170

Rashid and fellow Afghans have done nothing in test cricket, they aren't fit to be mentioned in the same sentence as our spinners when talking about red ball cricket. Even majority of their international exploits have come against minnow teams. 

I want a greentop because this is the onset of monsoon and play will be affected. Last thing we need is a drawn test against these minnows which will hurt our ranking points very badly. Prepare a greentop and try to wrap up the match in 2.5 days. With cloud cover even our batsmen will get tested before England tour and AFG quicks aren't good enough to win a test match on their own. No need to play a single spinner. 

39 minutes ago, sandeep said:

So what's your's starting XI for the Afg test match?

Vijay

Rahul

Dhawan

Pujara

Rahane

Karthik

Ashwin

Jadeja

Ishant

Shami

Umesh

I want all 3 openers to get the game.  And all 3 pacers to get the game, so Pandya misses out at Umesh's expense.  

Shami is out as he has failed the yo-yo test. Saini named as his replacement. 

It's a privilege to play Afghanistan in their first Test: Rahane

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/afghanistan-tour-of-india/its-a-privilege-to-play-afghanistan-in-their-first-test-rahane/articleshow/64545593.cms

"It's a privilege to be playing in Afghanistan's first Test match. It's a historic moment for them and an opportunity for us to be part of the occasion," Rahane was quoted as saying in an ICC release.

"They have a fine team and some talented players, who have proved themselves in shorter formats. I am sure they are looking forward to do the same in Test cricket. On behalf of the Indian team, I wish them all the best."

Afghanistan captain Asghar Stanikzai said: "It's a great moment for us as we embark on our Test journey. To be playing our first Test against India is a great honour and we hope to give a good account of ourselves.

"To be competing against the best on the Test rankings table is something to be proud of and we will try to do our best in whatever chances we get and exhibit the skills the players possess individually as well as collectively as a team." 

Mujeeb set to use Ashwin-taught mystery ball against India

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/afghanistan-tour-of-india/mujeeb-set-to-use-ashwin-taught-mystery-ball-against-india/articleshow/64540362.cms

1. Ashwin taught him a mystery ball in the Kings XI Punjab nets and Mujeeb said he is going use that against India.
  2. Mujeeb's successful stints in the IPL, U-19 World Cup and with the national team in shorter formats have made him "fearless".
  3. Mujeeb spins the ball both ways and has a very effective googly, which even foxed Virat Kohli in the IPL.

On 6/10/2018 at 8:55 PM, Gollum said:

Rashid and fellow Afghans have done nothing in test cricket, they aren't fit to be mentioned in the same sentence as our spinners when talking about red ball cricket. Even majority of their international exploits have come against minnow teams. 

I want a greentop because this is the onset of monsoon and play will be affected. Last thing we need is a drawn test against these minnows which will hurt our ranking points very badly. Prepare a greentop and try to wrap up the match in 2.5 days. With cloud cover even our batsmen will get tested before England tour and AFG quicks aren't good enough to win a test match on their own. No need to play a single spinner. 

Don't be offended so easily. 

Rashid and fellow Afghans has done nothing in test cricket? No **** sherlock, we are playing our first ever test match.

What do you want the Afghan captain to say? We are **** at batting, pace bowling and spin bowling? He need to talk his team up. 

Mujeeb easily out bowled Ashwin and Rashid outbowled every spinner in IPL.

Of course test cricket is different, but it's still cricket.

Rashid btw. has 35 FC wickets from 4 games. Including 12/122 against England Lions. So he is no Narine.

We will lose this game easily, but you cannot judge Afghan team on this game. Give us 5 years and see how we progress in tests as well.

This Afghan team is long work in progress. Still taking baby steps.

55 minutes ago, afghankhan said:

Rashid and fellow Afghans has done nothing in test cricket? No **** sherlock, we are playing our first ever test match.

What do you want the Afghan captain to say? We are **** at batting, pace bowling and spin bowling? He need to talk his team up. 

Rashid btw. has 35 FC wickets from 4 games. Including 12/122 against England Lions. So he is no Narine.

We will lose this game easily, but you cannot judge Afghan team on this game. Give us 5 years and see how we progress in tests as well.

On second thought I come out looking a bit rude in my earlier posts. I don't like mixing of formats, hate T20 and consider IPL a glorified circus. So I get annoyed when people bring up IPL/T20 exploits to rate a player in the real format. I have also come down hard when Indian shorter format experts have been pushed into test cricket. 

Afghans can talk their team up as much as they want but calling their spinners better than Ash-Jaddu is rude IMO. Had this been a T20 series no one would have bothered but statements like this are too much to swallow for most people. Why the need for comparison? Simply stating that they have good talented spinners would have conveyed the message.

Anyway good luck to Afghans, a big moment for them. Hope they have a great outing in Chinnaswamy and became a consistently high performing test team in the future. I find the players exciting, will be a good addition to the world of test cricket.  

3 hours ago, afghankhan said:

Hey nice Afghan fan welcome. 

As expected BCCI cunts schedule this match in Bengaluru during peak SW Monsoon time. Are these guys for real? There are half a dozen cricketing venues in India which will be untouched by the rain Gods the coming fortnight and these incompetent fools could choose only Bengaluru? At this rate why not construct a new stadium in Cherrapunji and schedule max  India matches over there, during winter they can play in Dharamsala and summer mein Jaipur/Nagpur. 

India too experienced to be stung by Afghanistan spin: Dinesh Karthik

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/india-too-experienced-to-be-stung-by-afghanistan-spin-dinesh-karthik/story-mbdin2mcYT5zNuIYdJokzI.html

“Look, you have to understand we have a lot of experience. Not only Test cricket but also domestic cricket, lot of four-day matches. Clearly, all their spinners put together would not have played as many matches as say a Kuldeep Yadav would have. At the end of the day experience has a lot of value. We saw that with CSK in IPL. Experience pays,”Karthik said.

“I am sure in time they will be even better bowlers than when they start off. But the point is, the kind of improvement they have shown in white ball cricket has been phenomenal. There is no reason why they cannot do that in Test cricket. But I would definitely say our spinners have a lot of experience. I’m sure their players will also vouch for that. So, I wouldn’t harp too much on that statement,” Karthik said.

“It is one of the highlights for the ICC as well, to have a Test nation like Afghanistan. Their journey has been an inspiration for international cricket. Not many knew they play but for them to come in through the qualifiers and secure a World Cup berth, do so well and compete with the other teams, I give them a lot of credit. Everyone knows it’s a tough place and the turmoil they are going through. In spite of that, they are able to inspire people with their performances.”

26 minutes ago, Gollum said:

As expected BCCI cunts schedule this match in Bengaluru during peak SW Monsoon time. Are these guys for real? There are half a dozen cricketing venues in India which will be untouched by the rain Gods the coming fortnight and these incompetent fools could choose only Bengaluru? At this rate why not construct a new stadium in Cherrapunji and schedule max  India matches over there, during winter they can play in Dharamsala and summer mein Jaipur/Nagpur. 

Rain Friday - Monday

GJ BCCI :two_thumbs_up:

8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i guess they are going to play all these 4 in the 11..i mean ishant hardik shardul and Umesh.

hardik is the Slowest of these 4 and possibly one or two levels down compared to the aggression of UMesh and ISHANT and even Shardul also has a tendency to bowl some bouncers and Scare the batters.

i think afghans will tend to attack him as the weak link and give their wickets to him as well.

I kinda think Umesh has great chance to get Maximum wickets among the Pacers as Ishant is a Bounce bowler and Afghani's will prefer to see him off and even ishant will waste the new ball , if he gets the new ball.

shardul is good but i think umesh is better so great chances for Umesh to pick up three or 4 wickets in one of the innings. umesh and shardul would get most wickets among pacers and Ishant would get that one or two hard wicket which none other bowler manages to get. 

Personally i am not in favour of playing ISHANT and wud prefer to play Saini ahead of Ishant as i dont like bowlers who are defensive and are more trying to just keep the batsman quiet in tests...saini umesh shardul are wicket taking pacers and i feel ishant is good to scare a batsman and can be played may be in africa or australia to scare the hell out of batters as he gets bounce as much as starc or other australians get and he becomes one bowler who can scare the australians as they scare us but against minnows we can play serious wicket taking pacers and win the Game else we would see spells 6 over 6 runs no wickets 3 maiden and he beat the batsman 5 times but was unlucky not to get the wicket....

better to play Saini...who gives 22 runs in 6 overs but gets 1 wicket in every 6 to 7 over spell.

ishant bowls three spells in one day of test cricket and at best he gets his wickets in one Spell only..i dont remember him getting wickets in more than one spell...where as shammi is known as a pacer who got wickets in each and every spell of 5 to 6 overs ..it was very tuf for batsman not to give him their wickets in a spell of 5 to 6 overs at stretch.

5 hours ago, Gollum said:

match will be over in 3 days even with the rain.

7 hours ago, CoverDrive said:

I am going to be there watching the first match ever for Afghanistan on first session first day!! 

we want to know special information regards the Pacers ...as the feel in the ground is different and one gets to understand a little more as one can see the entire  set of players ..i kinda enjoy watching on the stadium much more than watching on the High density TV....one gets to see and feel the pressure the batsman is taking and also the energy bowler is putting while bowling. 

I hope Afghanistan win this test match. I completely detest the form of cricket that India currently practice. The selectors completely oppose the teachings of Josep Guardiola i Sala. Afghanistan understand that the most efficient form of cricket is the form and philosophy espoused by Josep Guardiola i Sala and I hope that they win for the good of cricket. Skill and mind needs to win out over cowardly idiocy. 

Afghanistan are the better team with a better future. With Rashid in their team, they should win. 

Edited by lamellavig

12 hours ago, lamellavig said:

I hope Afghanistan win this test match. I completely detest the form of cricket that India currently practice. The selectors completely oppose the teachings of Josep Guardiola i Sala. Afghanistan understand that the most efficient form of cricket is the form and philosophy espoused by Josep Guardiola i Sala and I hope that they win for the good of cricket. Skill and mind needs to win out over cowardly idiocy. 

Afghanistan are the better team with a better future. With Rashid in their team, they should win. 

wth is all this supposed to be ?? :giggle:

Ind wins the toss and batting first. Pitch looks green, probably would help seamers early on and then get better for batting.

All the 3 openers Vijay, Dhawan and Rahul are playing. One of them will probably bat at #4.

Kuldeep not playing. So the bowling attack is Ishant, Umesh, Pandya, Ashwin and Jaddu.

38 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

On what basis is rahane captain when you have a senior pro like Ashwin in the team? further, this is not even overseas.

Rahane has been the vice-captain to Kohli for a long time now.

Guest, sign in to access all features.