Jump to content
tweaker

Saha to be monitored for finger injury, now out of Afghanistan test

Recommended Posts

On 5/29/2018 at 11:13 PM, vvvslaxman said:

No some idiot said he was dropped first time because of injury. He batted for like 11 overs and kept for 20 overs.

The argument was about this specific game. Either you are short on memory, or a pretender. And playing despite an injury mid-game - a lot of cricketers do that. Some idiots cannot figure for sure.

Edited by Magneto

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Hopefully Saha recovers well and fast, good luck DK...use this opportunity to slam the door on Pappu for once and for all. 

After seeing dk keep in the IPL, I have no high hopes. This guy hasn't changed in 10 years just like pappu. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

After seeing dk keep in the IPL, I have no high hopes. This guy hasn't changed in 10 years just like pappu. 

I didn't follow most of his IPL matches, so will take your word. Saha is so vital now, it is a sad state of affairs where most Indian fans don't understand the luxury a pure keeper like him provides to us, especially considering the ability of our slip cordon. He has to get fit for England and play all 5 tests else we are so screwed. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I didn't follow most of his IPL matches, so will take your word. Saha is so vital now, it is a sad state of affairs where most Indian fans don't understand the luxury a pure keeper like him provides to us, especially considering the ability of our slip cordon. He has to get fit for England and play all 5 tests else we are so screwed. 

Those indian fans don't like Saha because of other reasons. Those losers should simply be ignored.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Shunya said:

DK should be great with the bat with the form he is in nowadays. If he can keep well, Pappu and Saha both will be done. Kohli would always go with a keeper who can bat well.

DK is good enough just as a batsman. He is a terrific fielder. But due to his concentration issues he sometimes fluffs behind the stumps. If he does well with bat and keeping he might even replace Saha. Kohli's first thinking will be to bolster the batting assuming we play Pandya as a 5th bowler. Pandya, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Bumrah, UMesh. They can bat. But not reliable.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Laaloo said:

Those indian fans don't like Saha because of other reasons. Those losers should simply be ignored.

I agree with you that certain insecure fans dislike him for obvious reasons. But there are others too who prefer other options because they have a preconceived image of Saha set in their minds. Gilly revolutionized test keeping but he was an outlier, besides even he had to wait till Healy was gone. Healy and Boucher are 2 outstanding keepers in the last 25 years and both averaged less than Saha. And the teams they played for were extremely strong, I don't understand how so many of our fans, even the well meaning ones can be so dumb. We have a Healy/Boucher type keeper in our ranks, unless we can produce a Gilly there should be no question marks on Saha. 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

DK is good enough just as a batsman. He is a terrific fielder. But due to his concentration issues he sometimes fluffs behind the stumps. If he does well with bat and keeping he might even replace Saha. Kohli's first thinking will be to bolster the batting assuming we play Pandya as a 5th bowler. Pandya, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Bumrah, UMesh. They can bat. But not reliable.

Exactly, a keeper who can bat is a must now with Pandya in. DK can fulfill the batsman's role way better than Saha, but he is nowhere near Saha the keeper. Lets see how DK fares in keeping in this match, if he is good and consistent in keeping, Saha is a goner in upcoming tours.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Shunya said:

Exactly, a keeper who can bat is a must now with Pandya in.

 

 

I am a Pandya fan but he does not need to be " in "  as a matter of certainty in test matches.

 

We need to be flexible for the sake of effective team selection.  ( And this issue applies to every player ).

 

I am not sure whether he will add value as a test batsman in swing oriented England. Better to play 4 specialist pacers.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

I am a Pandya fan but he does not need to be " in "  as a matter of certainty in test matches.

 

We need to be flexible for the sake of effective team selection.  ( And this issue applies to every player ).

 

I am not sure whether he will add value as a test batsman in swing oriented England. Better to play 4 specialist pacers.

Definitely, Pandya should not be a certainty at all. He still has a long way to go. But he has to be given a full England series. I feel lower order batsman in England has good chance of scoring and Pandya will be crucial there. Also, with best pace attack in our history, we would do good with them. The real problem will be run scoring which I am very skeptical right now.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×