Pakistan Has a Huge Advantage Over India in Tests

By that logic ATG WI and Aus should have been everyone's target, yet most teams would fold like cheap tents against them. Bottomline we weren't good enough under Dhoni era, now we are good but need to take preparation more seriously and not * up with selection. In England Pak has always been a top team, they have won some 12-13 tests there, 4 post 2010 itself while we have won only 3 in the last 31 years. 

Edited by Gollum

I think it is unfair to pak. their bowlers are accurate and their batsmen this game played well too. I think Eng will compete better against India as they will be in the middle of their home season, this is their first game in their home season - Eng will do much better in the next game against pak itself.

13 minutes ago, Gollum said:

By that logic ATG WI and Aus should have been everyone's target, yet most teams would fold like cheap tents against them. Bottomline we weren't good enough under Dhoni era, now we are good but need to take preparation more seriously and not * up with selection. In England Pak has always been a top team, they have won some 12-13 tests there, 4 post 2010 itself while we have won only 3 in the last 31 years. 

They always were the target but they were much superior teams so it did not matter. Now unfortunately no one takes pakistan seriously and they take India as a must win game.

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

I think it is unfair to pak. their bowlers are accurate and their batsmen this game played well too. I think Eng will compete better against India as they will be in the middle of their home season, this is their first game in their home season - Eng will do much better in the next game against pak itself.

Their batsman are pretty bad but this was do or die game for them. If they are so good they would not have lost to SL. There are some inherent advantages to being not taken seriously.

Just now, Khota said:

Their batsman are pretty bad but this was do or die game for them. If they are so good they would not have lost to SL. There are some inherent advantages to being not taken seriously.

SL did to pak what pak did to eng actually. Bowlers who were more accurate and blessed with better conditions exploited and batsmen rode home the advantage, in a two test series. 

guys its pretty futile to compare two teams based on their performance against a third. In cricket because of complex 11 man variable efficiencies against the 11 man team on other side, but at any point in time only one batsman and bowler being able to compete, team A can loose miserably to B and B can loose miserably to C but still  C can loose miserably to A. 

More than Pak being weak or taken lightly, I think the problem is with England. They might well draw the series 1-1 but appear to be in terminal decline, they remind me of 2011-12 India with under performing seniors waiting to get dumped in favor of young blood. I am very optimistic about our chances, if we apply ourselves well we may even sweep them away. It may sound trite but I'll say it again, the only real obstacle for Team India will be catching, if we are going to drop 5 catches per match even the fragile Poms will give us a shellacking. 

4 minutes ago, Vilander said:

guys its pretty futile to compare two teams based on their performance against a third. In cricket because of complex 11 man variable efficiencies against the 11 man team on other side, but at any point in time only one batsman and bowler being able to compete, team A can loose miserably to B and B can loose miserably to C but still  C can loose miserably to A. 

I understand property of transitivity does not work in sports as there are multiple variables but this was staright up loss for England to a inferior team under home conditions shows a lack of respect for Pakistan.

not because their bowling is better or batting is better. It is because they are such a crappy team no one takes them seriously and ends up paying a heavy price. They play for respect as they don't even get a full series. India on the other hand have a bullseye on their back because they are no 1 team and they get everyone's best shot. Everyone brings their A+ game when playing India and just regular game playing pakistan. I guess that is the price of success and no 1 ranking that India has to pay.

Man, you really are butthurt re Pak. Give it a rest.
1 minute ago, cric_fan said:

Man, you really are butthurt re Pak. Give it a rest.

Analysis is not butt hurt. It is really not your fault as you come from a intolerant country where feedback is always considered negative. In India we call it a constructive critism and analysis.

I have nothing but respect for you for beating England. Well done.

2 hours ago, Khota said:

not because their bowling is better or batting is better. It is because they are such a crappy team no one takes them seriously and ends up paying a heavy price. They play for respect as they don't even get a full series. India on the other hand have a bullseye on their back because they are no 1 team and they get everyone's best shot. Everyone brings their A+ game when playing India and just regular game playing pakistan. I guess that is the price of success and no 1 ranking that India has to pay.

I also have similar feelings regarding the ongoing Pak-Eng series, as I don't know how else to explain the result so far. Maybe after next test Eng will score a big win, and it will start making more sense. Until then, hard to digest how a team with no IPL experience, no superstars, poor board, no cricket in their country can still produce victories. Anyway its only 2 match series while we have 5 so that alone is indicator of our importance, whether we win or not. 

47 minutes ago, Lala2790 said:

On a serious note, the reason why Pakistan have an advantage is because India, unlike Pakistan, historically have failed to develop world class fast bowlers

But they got bumrah,shami,ishanth and umesh :cantstop: and Unadkat too :cantstop: