Vijay Shankar Credits Coach Ponting for Turnaround in IPL

Switchblade

https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/news/ipl-2018-vijay-shankar-credits-coach-ponting-for-turnaround-in-ipl-1764213.html

Delhi Daredevils had a dismal show in the recently concluded IPL, where once again they finished last in the points table. The team failed to click as one unit and that was the biggest reason why they couldn’t win matches. Barring their overall performance, there were some players in the team who made the heads turn with their game.
Vijay Shankar, the all-rounder had a sound season where he score 212 runs in 13 matches, with 54 being his highest score. Though that might not look like a decent effort, but considering that he usually batted in the lower-middle order is a good effort. Initially, after a few games the 27-year-old wasn’t happy with his performances. That’s when Delhi coach Ricky Ponting came to his rescue.
Shankar said that, “Right after my second game I went up to Ricky and told him how frustrated I was. I was harsh on myself. But his message was simple as he stressed on the importance of backing my technique at all times and preparing to the best of my ability.”

Earlier in an interview with Times of India, he had said, “This season has been a turning point for me. I have batted at various positions in this IPL, and it has helped me to adapt to different situations. I can say that my ability to read the game has become better as well.”