• Shreyas iyer
    • Ambati raydu
    • Manish pandey
    • Karun Nair
    • Nitish Rana
    • Shubhman Gill
    • Virat kohli
    • Ms dhoni

Wc2019 is an year away and we are yet to find a permanent no.4. Has IPL given us some answers coz their isnt a lot of times is left and i dnt expect captain clueless to back players properly as well so it will have to be the players themselves who ll have to make up for the opp they get .

So here are our options 

1. KL rahul- Acc to me the best option and someone who has a perfect game for no.4 . I dnt want to change opening combo thats settled and KL rahul is good with strike rotation as well which is important in middle . Captain clueless has to back him

2. Pant- Have been a huge fan of him and again in IPL he showed why he is a special talent but again we still dnt have an answer that how good wud he  be at international level currently. He wud be my 2nd choice as I think Rahul is far ahead of him currently. 

3. Samson-  He is so much of a quality and frustrating at times like rohit sharma. Just isnt converting his chances to break the door type perfomance and others are getting in the race. 

4. Shankar-  I knw the guy gets a lot of bashing but he wud be among my choices. If team decides to go with both dhoni n karthik he can be a choice at 4. He is a solid player and also can be the 6th bowler. If given time he can accelerate at end.

5. Shubhaman gill- Wud be my 5th option although i feel he needs to play a lot more domestic n A cricket as of now . Still better then names below

6. Pandey- hasnt done anything with given opportunties

7. Iyer- Dont rate him highly at all 

8. Ambati raydu- Well he has broken the door now its upto him. HE is a terrific player of spin but not of fast bowling and i dnt want to see him coming into bat at 10/2. At best he is an avg international cricketer. Wasnt a gr8 choice going back to him. Shud have tried Pant or Samson 

9. Nair- Has a world of talent but world inconsistency as well 

10. Nitish rana-  i think the best spot for him is 5, his game against short ball doesnt give much of confidence 

Now last 2 options which m not at all in favour 

a. Kohli - U do not change ur best batsman position. He is ur best batsman and give him as many balls as u can. Also he himself has said he likes playing at 3 coz at that position he can control the game . No one can do better then kohli at 3 and kohli wnt be same at no.4 . Dnt reduce the effectiveness of ur best batsman 

b. dhoni- 4 is to high for him, KL rahul is far better batsman then him at 4

Who will be ur pick and as months pass by we ll see who leads the race 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

its obvious to us not to team mngmt who gave up on his case as middle order batsman in 2-3 games and kohli said team is only looking at him as a backup opener

Haan pata hai. Rahul apparently failed at 4 in the middle order in 3 games and they stopped the experiment and we pissed away games with rahane for no reason. 

Give Rahul the next year at 4 and leave him alone. Worry about other positions like Rohit sharmas bad form or a big hitter down the order.

Just now, Laaloo said:

Haan pata hai. Rahul apparently failed at 4 in the middle order in 3 games and they stopped the experiment and we pissed away games with rahane for no reason. 

Nope actually in one game only 

he batted at 3 n 5 in others game 

also he faced a mystery bowler in akila which is never easy to pick even kohli n rohit got out. N we all remember what happened when mendis came

Just now, Laaloo said:

Give Rahul the next year at 4 and leave him alone. Worry about other positions like Rohit sharmas bad form or a big hitter down the order.

Rohit sharma has done well as ODI opener , England will have flat decks so nothing to worry about 

1 minute ago, speedheat said:

Just too many options when the answer is obvious, kl Rahul. Pandey??? Seriously???? Don't evn think about that guy.

The only ones that need to be considered from that list are Rahul pant and Gill. Samson maybe an outsider. Rest should not even be considered.

8 hours ago, Laaloo said:

The only ones that need to be considered from that list are Rahul pant and Gill. Samson maybe an outsider. Rest should not even be considered.

Pant has been a failure in all his international outings and I believe the slow roads in IPL helped his batting just like how it did for Dhoni and even Rayudu. Let us see how performs in the A tour to England first.