Tamilian reviewer gives 7/10 to watson, 8/10 to rayudu and 11/10 for dhoni's performance

LORD_analyst

2 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

the thing i have noticed with TN ,that is different from other indians...is that, most of the others have sweet-salty relation with players ,i.e players get trolled for bad performances and praised for good performances.

but TN guys(most,not all) never dare to criticize dhoni ,even when he was performing poorly, it's like they are devoted to dhoni and can't bear his criticism.

hope, u understand the realistic feedback.

yeah there is the fun aspect ( vanja pugalchi ), when translated from Tamil to indian languages euphemisms get lost.

besides folks in Tn are absolutely not bothered by CSK, they did not even care enough to have them play in Chennai..hehe

its all fun and games, and Dhoni fits the rustic that TN mainstream likes. 

If not anything there is a wide spread acceptance of bihari's in Tn because of this trend. 

TN will not be Maharashtra and say north indians( Indians) go back lol.

3 minutes ago, asterix said:

:facepalm:

But kinda expected from people who always wanted some attention... without any Popular sporting hero for many years now, it’s natural to try to be bit mainstream by piggy riding on Dhoni’s popularity...

Cut out worshippers trying to get the most of the attention they are getting which will last for some time now...

They have had many sporting heroes in tennis, athletics, weightlifting, TT, hockey, squash, motorsports etc but never gave them the support/love Dhoni seems to be getting. Amritraj, Ramanathan Krishnan, Ramesh Krishnan, Dhanraj Pillay, Karthikeyan, Chandok had more global appeal yet completely unacknowledged by most Tamils. Viswanathan Anand is a global icon yet his whole life he never received a decent welcome in Chennai even after winning world titles......whenever he landed in Dum Dum CMs, Governors, Ministers would receive him and have big functions with Tollywood participation to celebrate his success.  I mean it doesn't get bigger than Vishy Anand....if Tamils are unable to recognize him there is something wrong with them. These days Joshna Chinappa and Dipika Pallikal Karthik too are ruling the roost...why don't Tamils celebrate them. Dipika with proper backing should be at least as big a star as Sania/Saina/Sindhu, apart from her sporting success look at her swag/style/beauty/curves/personality...same with Alisha Abdullah. 

It isn't like Tamil Nadu doesn't have sporting heroes.....they have plenty of them and many with much more charisma than Cool. Problem lies deeper, Tamils crave for outsider overlords...itna complex hai in logon mein ki kya bolu? MGR, Jayalalitha, Karunanidhi (maybe, not 100% sure), Vijaykanth, Vaiko...all their political heavyweights are outsiders. Their most popular actors and actresses are outsiders...even Rajinikanth !!! Now what is lacking in the legendary Kamal Haasan that he has to play 2nd fiddle to a mediocre guy like Rajinikanth? Same with sports, agar kal MJ/Phelps/Bolt/Federer/Pele jaise log bhi wahaan paida ho jayenge toh bhi yeh log nahi sudhrenge. They will search for an outsider sportsman (even B grade chewtiya chalega) to look up to and reinstall as their messiah after Dhoni. In logon ki zehniyat hi aisi hai, meri Mummy khud ek Tamil hai so it hurts me to say these things but kya karoon, sach kadva hota hai. 

DHoni being super popular in TN is no surprise. He has been CSK captain for 10 years. If he had not won any final or reached any final he would not have been this popular.  Also this guy is a comedian cum actor. You have to take his comments with a pinch of salt not literally. If anything Chennai audience has vastly superior cricketing knowledge. Even auto drivers discuss nuances in cricket. They don't follow cricket emotionally. A reason why you don't see incidents in Chennai. 

Why is thread in the cricket forum. It should be in the IPL forum. Its soon turning to be "chit chat" material where "ranbir kapoor the playboy" is more famous than "scandinavian beautiful women" or "alexandra daddario". I didn't know this is a forum for people with uhum.... alternate lifestyles :phehe:

I don't understand why Ashwin and Vijay have such low popularity among Tamils. Whenever I check Ashwin's social media updates, he (and sometimes his wife too :cry:) gets lots of hate and negativity from Tamils....Dhoni ke saath aisi badtameezi kabhi nahin karte yeh log. Ashwin is an Indian legend, played vital roles in WCs/CT/WT20s....key pillar behind our no 1 ranking. 7 MOS, quickest to 300 test wickets yada yada....but why doesn't he get that much popularity in TN? I'll be ok if Dhoni gets 100 supporters in TN and Ashwin 80...but yahaan ratio toh 100:1 lag raha hai. Ashwin me kya kami hai? Same with Vijay, he should get more respect and love than what he is getting right now. In Bengal we had Dada (similar to Ashwin's stature in terms of cricket achievements), in Kolkata he was always no 1 irrespective of Sachin's standing. We respected Sachin but loved Dada...I don't see similar support for Ashwin in TN and that makes me question the mentality of modern day Tamils. I don't mean to belittle them because I respect the talent that state produces. What irks me is Tamils not giving due adulation to their home state talent. 

Edited by Gollum

38 minutes ago, Gollum said:

They have had many sporting heroes in tennis, athletics, weightlifting, TT, hockey, squash, motorsports etc but never gave them the support/love Dhoni seems to be getting. Amritraj, Ramanathan Krishnan, Ramesh Krishnan, Dhanraj Pillay, Karthikeyan, Chandok had more global appeal yet completely unacknowledged by most Tamils. Viswanathan Anand is a global icon yet his whole life he never received a decent welcome in Chennai even after winning world titles......whenever he landed in Dum Dum CMs, Governors, Ministers would receive him and have big functions with Tollywood participation to celebrate his success.  I mean it doesn't get bigger than Vishy Anand....if Tamils are unable to recognize him there is something wrong with them. These days Joshna Chinappa and Dipika Pallikal Karthik too are ruling the roost...why don't Tamils celebrate them. Dipika with proper backing should be at least as big a star as Sania/Saina/Sindhu, apart from her sporting success look at her swag/style/beauty/curves/personality...same with Alisha Abdullah. 

It isn't like Tamil Nadu doesn't have sporting heroes.....they have plenty of them and many with much more charisma than Cool. Problem lies deeper, Tamils crave for outsider overlords...itna complex hai in logon mein ki kya bolu? MGR, Jayalalitha, Karunanidhi (maybe, not 100% sure), Vijaykanth, Vaiko...all their political heavyweights are outsiders. Their most popular actors and actresses are outsiders...even Rajinikanth !!! Now what is lacking in the legendary Kamal Haasan that he has to play 2nd fiddle to a mediocre guy like Rajinikanth? Same with sports, agar kal MJ/Phelps/Bolt/Federer/Pele jaise log bhi wahaan paida ho jayenge toh bhi yeh log nahi sudhrenge. They will search for an outsider sportsman (even B grade chewtiya chalega) to look up to and reinstall as their messiah after Dhoni. In logon ki zehniyat hi aisi hai, meri Mummy khud ek Tamil hai so it hurts me to say these things but kya karoon, sach kadva hota hai. 

I thought you mother was bengali. Tamizhla ehanavuthu pathi paesu paapom. If your mom is Tamil, you must know tamil. Dude you are such a northie hinudtva guy stop this nonsense about tamil people. Real Tamils are not like the movie Chennai Express. You know nothing about us. Reading this post makes me wonder if you ever visited tamil nadu at all even though you claim to have seen "our wonderful temples". The entire CSK thing is for jokes. We are more into movies than cricket. Your long posts seem to indicate that you have no life at all. Sorry I thought you were a decent poster but you are just a soft sell hindutvadi to the South. Are you Subramanain Swamy in disguise just kidding.

Dipika Pallikal Karthik is a malayali not tamil. I can tell her name is of Malayali origin. She married a tamil. You dont know anything about the South not just TN. It seems you are like a search engine bot like Google who assimilates all the info from posters here and put your own spin on it.

And bambi fans dont be so butthurt that CSK won the IPL. You can win once the DRS goes out of favor :biggrin: . OP is a Statchin bhakt thats why he pulls out some shitty tv show that nobody watches and presents it as this is how tamils think.

Edited by Garuda

10 minutes ago, Garuda said:

I thought you mother was bengali. Tamizhla ehanavuthu pathi paesu paapom. If your mom is Tamil, you must know tamil. Dude you are such a northie hinudtva guy stop this nonsense about tamil people. Real Tamils are not like the movie Chennai Express. You know nothing about us. Reading this post makes me wonder if you ever visited tamil nadu at all even though you claim to have seen "our wonderful temples". The entire CSK thing is for jokes. We are more into movies than cricket. Your long posts seem to indicate that you have no life at all. Sorry I thought you were a decent poster but you are just a soft sell hindutvadi to the South. Are you Subramanain Swamy in disguise just kidding.

Dipika Pallikal Karthik is a malayali not tamil. I can tell her name is of Malayali origin. She married a tamil. You dont know anything about the South not just TN. It seems you are like a search engine bot like Google who assimilates all the info from posters here and put your own spin on it.

And bambi fans dont be so butthurt that CSK won this match. OP is a Statchin bhakt thats why he pulls out some shitty tv show that nobody watches and presents it as this is how tamils think.

Yennode Tamil so-so, avlo teriyadu yenna naah Bengal lah valende and Amma lost touch with her roots as a kid in the 70s. Naah Tamil lah type pannala but won't be fair on other posters, besides I am not very comfortable with the language because I was never compelled to converse in it. 

I don't care what you think of me, so would prefer if you keep your moral sermons to yourself. You know very little about me and I don't blame you because this is just a damn forum. However if my length of posts bothers you or my political leanings are out of your comfort zone there is always the ignore button which comes handy in such cases. 

Edited by Gollum

9 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Yennode Tamil so-so, avlo teriyadu yenna naah Bengal lah valende and Amma lost touch with her roots as a kid in the 70s. Naah Tamil lah type pannala but won't be fair on other posters, besides I am not very comfortable with the language because I was never compelled to converse in it. 

I don't care what you think of me, so would prefer if you keep your moral sermons to yourself. You know very little about me and I don't blame you because this is just a damn forum. However if my length of posts bothers you or my political leanings are out of your comfort zone there is always the ignore button which comes handy in such cases. 

Preach brotha. Don't let a rasam slurping oily rat rattle your cage. :nice:

13 minutes ago, Gollum said:

And what about you describing Dipika Pallikal as a Tamil hero :biggrin:. Get out you poser.