Tamilian reviewer gives 7/10 to watson, 8/10 to rayudu and 11/10 for dhoni's performance

LORD_analyst

2 minutes ago, Garuda said:

And what about you describing Dipika Pallikal as a Tamil hero :biggrin:. Get out you poser.

Well she was born and brought up in Tamil Nadu and I used her example in comparison to MSD who has nothing to do with TN. Even Joshna Chinappa is a Kannadiga,  Alisha Abdullah might be a Northie...but they are more Tamil than Dhoni. 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

but Amitabh vs Modi who would win?

In some remote places in India,people still think Kalam is our president...He is one of the most popular Indians of this century...may be he is not as celebrated in TN going by the way you are constructing your argument by just pigeon holing Kalam as just a great scientist.

I did not bring in Ramanujan for a reason so the Bhabha argument doesn;t count...these guys were great but Kalam is way more popular at a ground level then these names whether that is fair or not is an argument for another day.

Modi is a populist politician. Apt comparison in that case would be 

Vikram vs karunanithi - actor with no political involvement vs populist politician. 

Kalam is celebrated in TN by certain sections of the society, what are you getting at - there is no angle to bash Tamils man sorry, as much as you try lol

45 minutes ago, Garuda said:

And bambi fans dont be so butthurt that CSK won the IPL. You can win once the DRS goes out of favor :biggrin: . OP is a Statchin bhakt thats why he pulls out some shitty tv show that nobody watches and presents it as this is how tamils think.

hehe

43 minutes ago, Garuda said:

And bambi fans dont be so butthurt that CSK won the IPL. You can win once the DRS goes out of favor :biggrin: . OP is a Statchin bhakt thats why he pulls out some shitty tv show that nobody watches and presents it as this is how tamils think

bambi fans dawww, evil dawww, bambi lobby daww, bami people jealous dawww, ipl most precious trophy dawwwww....

nobody sensible gives 2 fuc*ks on ipl......dhoni is criticized for his poor performances in international cricket.....

u seem to me a 10 yr old with iq of 50 that can't wrap his head around csk and ipl.

47 minutes ago, Garuda said:

.itna complex hai in logon mein ki kya bolu? MGR, Jayalalitha, Karunanidhi (maybe, not 100% sure), Vijaykanth, Vaiko...all their political heavyweights are outsiders. Their most popular actors and actresses are outsiders...even Rajinikanth !!! Now what is lacking in the legendary Kamal Haasan that he has to play 2nd fiddle to a mediocre guy like Rajinikanth? Same with sports, agar kal MJ/Phelps/Bolt/Federer/Pele jaise log bhi wahaan paida ho jayenge toh bhi yeh log nahi sudhrenge. They will search for an outsider sportsman (even B grade chewtiya chalega) to look up to and reinstall as their messiah after Dhoni. In logon ki zehniyat hi aisi hai, meri Mummy khud ek Tamil hai so it hurts me to say these things but kya karoon, sach kadva hota hai. 

lol what qtiapa , take a good trend and warp it to make it look like a negative ? what are you ranting about complex

@Gollum

3 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

bambi fans dawww, evil dawww, bambi lobby daww, bami people jealous dawww, ipl most precious trophy dawwwww....

nobody sensible gives 2 fuc*ks on ipl......dhoni is criticized for his poor performances in international cricket.....

u seem to me a 10 yr old with iq of 50 that can't wrap his head around csk and ipl.

Dhoni is not Tamil. Dont bring in Tamil into it boss. 

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Well she was born and brought up in Tamil Nadu and I used her example in comparison to MSD who has nothing to do with TN. Even Joshna Chinappa is a Kannadiga,  Alisha Abdullah might be a Northie...but they are more Tamil than Dhoni. 

Really how many non-cricketing sportsman are supported in bengal (is that where you live) and other states. You seem to be picky about TN not just here but also the chit chat column. Tell me how much attention Vijender Singh gets in the North compared to Kohli and Ishant Sharma. Dont tell Tamils who we should or shouldn't give our attention. If India was not cricket-centric, hockey would not have been ignored. They were quite a few Tamil players in the hockey team over the ages. I just looked at our olympic history yesterday. We should be ashamed to say we are a part of a growing economy and not have a olympic team that challenges US, Russia, and China in the medal table.

6 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

and you spent hours posting dhoni memes during IPL :rotfl: 

talk about self owing 

101e5f9f726145c79c7e6a245f07bd69.jpg

Edited by velu

7 minutes ago, Vilander said:

just because he has a clean shaven head he does not become Cho.

Their imaginations are so tiny. They see two bald heads and they think he looks like that. Its like me saying Sharukh Kahn looks like Salman Khan because they have the same last names.

Just now, Garuda said:

Their imaginations are so tiny. They see two bald heads and they think he looks like that. Its like me saying Sharukh Kahn looks like Salman Khan because they have the same last names.

maniac is not a hater neither is Gollum in my experience, i cant say the same about few other posters.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

I don't understand why Ashwin and Vijay have such low popularity among Tamils. Whenever I check Ashwin's social media updates, he (and sometimes his wife too :cry:) gets lots of hate and negativity from Tamils....Dhoni ke saath aisi badtameezi kabhi nahin karte yeh log. Ashwin is an Indian legend, played vital roles in WCs/CT/WT20s....key pillar behind our no 1 ranking. 7 MOS, quickest to 300 test wickets yada yada....but why doesn't he get that much popularity in TN? I'll be ok if Dhoni gets 100 supporters in TN and Ashwin 80...but yahaan ratio toh 100:1 lag raha hai. Ashwin me kya kami hai? Same with Vijay, he should get more respect and love than what he is getting right now. In Bengal we had Dada (similar to Ashwin's stature in terms of cricket achievements), in Kolkata he was always no 1 irrespective of Sachin's standing. We respected Sachin but loved Dada...I don't see similar support for Ashwin in TN and that makes me question the mentality of modern day Tamils. I don't mean to belittle them because I respect the talent that state produces. What irks me is Tamils not giving due adulation to their home state talent. 

Ashwin trying to be too smart is one reason. Also Dravidians vs Brahmins that undercurrent is always there in TN.  Even though Brahmins make up about only 1 or 2% of total TN Population they are still pilloried by Dravidian political parties to polarize other caste people for votes. Anand  Brahmin, Sundar Pitchai Brahmin, Ramesh Krishnan Brahamin, Srikkanth Brahmin, L Siva Brahmin, Sadagopan Ramesh, Ashwin, Karthik they are all Brahmins. SO they perpetuate this narrative that other caste players are suppressed. It was low key before. After current BJP came to power they try to relate every Bramhin to BJP and attack them.