Can Muslims be ever "reformed"? Could they ever come out of the religious brainwashing?

Alam_dar

I think, today whole world is asking this question if Muslims could ever be reformed, and integrated into the society and could they ever come out of the religious brainwashing?

Majority has already given up and they are of opinion that it is impossible. 

Let us forget about the earlier centuries. Even the history of modern world in the last few decades is showing very negative results. 

So, what is your opinion?

I don’t think change is going to happen as it has to come from within. But any new or modern thought are derided and the proponents blown away. 

This I guess scares many good intentioned people to even try it.

we have to live with it till most of them start converting and moving away from it.

Edited by eternalhope

1. I was thinking if everyone becomes vegetarian, there's very less chance of conflict... Par ye mankind ke bas ka nahi hai, people are too weak to quit it... So in future if lab grown meat (no animal is killed or harmed in lab grown meat, it is same as animal meat) becomes mainstream.... Startups like Memphis meats (started by an Indian American, backed by Bill gates) are working on this.... I see chance of reconciliation of Islam with other religions.. 

2. With internet, awareness etc., in a couple of generations, Islam should/may become a lot weaker hopefully. 

Edited by randomGuy

1. I was thinking if everyone becomes vegetarian, there's very less chance of conflict... Par ye mankind ke bas ka nahi hai, people are too weak to quit it... So in future if lab grown meat (no animal is killed or harmed in lab grown meat, it is same as animal meat) becomes mainstream.... Startups like Memphis meats (started by an Indian American, backed by Bill gates) are working on this.... I see chance of reconciliation of Islam with other religions.. 

2. With internet, awareness etc., in a couple of generations, Islam should/may become a lot weaker hopefully. 
WTF is Point 1? Vegetarian...less conflict??? You are trolling, right?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Alam & eternal, I see no hope...

IMO primarily because religion has become taken over life. I mean it’s ok to be religious but to see everything in life from the prism of religion, worried about whether I’m doing right or wrong, am I following the book and the it’s teachings properly or not... And last but not least, no allowance to recognise other religion or sects...

The change has to come from within, ofcourse but who’s going to bell the cat without being harmed?

I’ve seen many devout Muslims trying to show off doing halal things but when nobody watching doing haram things... it’s fine to do haram things in life... but to be 2 faced and hypocrite is different.

There are many problems in the World but if Muslims are unable to live peacefully with other communities (completely barricading themselves), whether they are in minority or majority, nothing will change..

I see the new ruler of RSA bringing new progressive changes in country. But the “followers” have become more rigid than the “leaders”...

Triple Talaq in some form is not there in many Muslim countries including Pakistan...

But look at Indian Muslim organisations completely against any changes.

Unless people from the community do something about it, I dont see a change in status quo. This will continue till destruction and trust me you only have to wait for another 20-30 years to see that. Their #1 agenda is to destroy countries with population bomb. US, China and Russia wont fall for that trap but other countries including India are very vulnerable. 

Ask any modern people of the community why dont they do something about proliferation of the population which is causing our country so much harm. Fattu liberals dont say a word on that topic.

Issue is countries like India cannot control population of other communities until this special one agrees to any such proposal. We are democracy and unless it applies to all nothing is possible and its a deadlock.

So this vision of capturing the whole world with population formula will never let clerics and flag bearers of the community to desire this reform, it is nothing but a dream. Outsiders cannot change it. And brainwashing is only required where there are multiple options now countries like OP's, that other side is totally missing. At least in India there are few who are reasonably liberals. I see it is impossible.

Edited by dial_100

5 minutes ago, panther said:

Lol Alan Dar have you given up already?, I though you were on a crusade against Islam, what happened did some mullah beat you in a debate over Facebook lol.

lol a mullah beating someone in a debate :hehe: like that would ever happen, there's more likelihood of a mullah blowing himself up than winning a debate :hysterical:

Edited by kira

3 minutes ago, kira said:

lol a mullah beating someone in a debate :hehe: like that would ever happen, there's more likelihood of a mullah blowing himself up than winning a debate :hysterical:

Everyone has their role in order to further the cause of Islam, the mullah debates and educates, the jihadi fights, the handsome ones engage in Love Jihad, the intellectuals pretend to be liberals and deflect all criticism and so on and so forth.

14 minutes ago, panther said:

Everyone has their role in order to further the cause of Islam, the mullah debates and educates, the jihadi fights, the handsome ones engage in Love Jihad, the intellectuals pretend to be liberals and deflect all criticism and so on and so forth.

But in the end you keep getting your a$$es bombed by the US and Israel :laugh:

Almost every single person on this planet needs to reform, turn inwards and become more spiritual but yeah muslims right now are more fked up than others

Yes & Hindus are angelic. They don’t lynch ppl to death on the streets. They don’t murder & rape kids. They don’t come out in the streets protesting support for child murderers.

They are angels.

3 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

Yes & Hindus are angelic. They don’t lynch ppl to death on the streets. They don’t murder & rape kids. They don’t come out in the streets protesting support for child murderers.

They are angels.

Ghonchu, I am not even a hindu, didn't I say almost every person on this planet needs to reform, english bhi bhul gya tu ab ya padhna nahi aata tujhe? 

Thank you @eternalhope and @randomGuy and @asterix and others. 

I fully agree that every person in the globe needs reform. And among Muslim, best chance of reform is within. But sad reality is this that they are slaughtered in name of blasphemy. And @randomGuy is also correct that may be internet could bring some awareness after some generations. 

10 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

How do you want me to reform..do you want me to start going to the pub every Friday & come home drunk..

Explain reform.

To me, when a person stops "blindly" following a religion, but starts thinking and judging things himself using his own rationale, when he starts to get the guidance from the humanity with in himself, then he has been reformed. 

A small example:

Humanity within every Muslim is clearly guiding him if it is ok for the non-Muslims to accept Islam, then it should also be Ok if some one leaves Islam, and killing him for this act is against humanity and justice. You don't need any person/teacher to tell it to you, but nature, your rationale, the humanity within you, all are guiding you to this fact. 

Another example is LOVE:

Love sees no religion, no caste, no race. But Islam prohibits it and gives only the Muslim man right to marry the Christian/Jew/Zoroastrian girl, and he can also have sex with the women of all other religions Hindus/Sikhs/Buddhists/etc. by making them slaves in the battlefield, or by simply buying them from the slave market. But Muslim woman could not marry a single man even if she loves him, if he is from another religion. 

Humanity within you will guide you clearly that these are double standards and wrong.

Another example:

Islam allows the father/guardian to marry (Nikah) of minor small girl to any person, even if he is old, and the father/guardian even does not have to ask for the permission of a small girl. 

Nikah of Aisha was done when she was 6 years old, and she was not asked for the Nikah. And such small child even could not give her consent even if she is allowed. 

And at the age of 9, she was sent to her husband and she had no right to give her consent for such marriage, or to get to know her future husband before. 

This phenomenon takes out all the chances from a girl to become adult, and to fell in love with a boy of her own age and of her own mental level. 

Humanity within you will guide you that this is ZULM upon the poor girl. 

Actually, the pure Islamic culture is so strict that it forbids the boy to talk with the girl before Nikah. According to the unanimous Hadith, at maximum, boy is allowed to have "only one sight" of the girl before the marriage and that is all. 

Humanity within you will automatically guide you that this could never be right if one really wants to chose the partner of whole life. 

All such things make Islam a religion, which is against the "NATURE".

I fully agree that every person in the globe needs reform. And among Muslim, best chance of reform is within. But sad reality is this that they are slaughtered in name of blasphemy. And [mention=18880]randomGuy[/mention] is also correct that may be internet could bring some awareness after some generations. 

To me, when a person stops "blindly" following a religion, but starts thinking and judging things himself using his own rationale, when he starts to get the guidance from the humanity with in himself, then he has been reformed. 

A small example:
Humanity within every Muslim is clearly guiding him if it is ok for the non-Muslims to accept Islam, then it should also be Ok if some one leaves Islam, and killing him for this act is against humanity and justice. You don't need any person/teacher to tell it to you, but nature, your rationale, the humanity within you, all are guiding you to this fact. 

Another example is LOVE:
Love sees no religion, no caste, no race. But Islam prohibits it and gives only the Muslim man right to marry the Christian/Jew/Zoroastrian girl, and he can also have sex with the women of all other religions Hindus/Sikhs/Buddhists/etc. by making them slaves in the battlefield, or by simply buying them from the slave market. But Muslim woman could not marry a single man even if she loves him, if he is from another religion. 
Humanity within you will guide you clearly that these are double standards and wrong.

Another example:
Islam allows the father/guardian to marry (Nikah) of minor small girl to any person, even if he is old, and the father/guardian even does not have to ask for the permission of a small girl. 
Nikah of Aisha was done when she was 6 years old, and she was not asked for the Nikah. And such small child even could not give her consent even if she is allowed. 
And at the age of 9, she was sent to her husband and she had no right to give her consent for such marriage, or to get to know her future husband before. 
This phenomenon takes out all the chances from a girl to become adult, and to fell in love with a boy of her own age and of her own mental level. 

Actually, the pure Islamic culture is so strict that it forbids the boy to talk with the girl before Nikah. According to the unanimous Hadith, at maximum, boy is allowed to have "only one sight" of the girl before the marriage and that is all. 
Humanity within you will automatically guide you that this could never be right if one really wants to chose the partner of whole life. 

All such things make Islam a religion, which is against the "NATURE".

How often do you hear about someone killed because they left Islam?

I fully agree that every person in the globe needs reform. And among Muslim, best chance of reform is within. But sad reality is this that they are slaughtered in name of blasphemy. And [mention=18880]randomGuy[/mention] is also correct that may be internet could bring some awareness after some generations. 

A small example:

Another example is LOVE:

Another example:

Actually, the pure Islamic culture is so strict that it forbids the boy to talk with the girl before Nikah. According to the unanimous Hadith, at maximum, boy is allowed to have "only one sight" of the girl before the marriage and that is all

The bold part- l’ve never heard such bullshit before. Of course the boy and girl are aloud to speak to eachother- post facts not fantasies.