Are you a Cat person or a Dog person !!!

velu

Are you a Cat person or a Dog person !!!  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Cat person or a Dog person ?

1. There are more dog people than cat people.

About six percent more US households own dogs than own cats. In survey after survey, people who say they love dogs outnumber cat-lovers by as much as five to one. About a quarter of all respondents say they love both dogs and cats—we will refer to such people as “bi-petuals.”

2. Dog people are far more sociable and outgoing than cat people.

Dog lovers are friendlier and more extroverted than cat lovers, who prefer to be alone. Dog lovers also tend to be more confident and dominant than cat people.

3. Cat people are more intelligent than dog people.

And they will never let you forget this, nor the fact that they think cats are also far more intelligent than dogs.

4. Cat people are more neurotic than dog people.

Cat lovers tend to be more prone to anxiety and neurotic disorders than dog people. This may be because their pets are far less likely to constantly reassure them.

5. Cat people are more likely to live alone and in apartments than dog people.

One study shoes that cat owners are a third more likely to live alone than dog owners and twice as likely to live in an apartment rather than a house. The most likely individuals to own cats are single women.

6. Dog people are more likely to live in rural areas than cat people.

The East and West Coasts are much more likely to favor cat owners, while dogs rule the American South. Overall, dog people are 30 more likely to live in the country, while cat people are 29 percent more likely to live in the city.

7. Dog people tend to be more conservative than cat people.

Owning a dog correlates strongly with having traditional values. Dog owners are also generally more rule-abiding than cat owners. Dog owners tend to skew Republican, while cat owners lean Democrat.

8. Dog people are more obedient—just like dogs.

Cat owners tend to be nonconformists, while dog owners generally follow the tide and obey all rules.

9. Cat people are more open-minded than dog people.

Cat lovers generally score higher on thing such as open-mindedness, imaginativeness, creativity, adventurousness, and holding unconventional beliefs. Dog owners, much like dogs, will pretty much believe anything you tell them.

10. Cat people are more sensitive than dog people.

SENSITIVITY Cat lovers are sensitive Often times, people see sensitivity as a bad thing. This isn’t necessarily the case. Cat people were found to be more sensitive in this study, while dog owners showed fewer signs of sensitivity in provided tests.

11. Dog people are more masculine than cat people.

It has been said many times that all dogs look like males and all cats look like females. Although there are exceptions, dog owners both male and female tend to view themselves as more masculine than cat owners do.

12. Dog people tend to tolerate cats; cat people hate dogs.

Studies have shown that people who love both dogs and cats—the so-called “bi-petuals”—have personalities almost identical to those of dog owners. In general, dog owners are more willing to tolerate the idea of owning a cat than cat owners are of owning dogs.

13. Dog people and cat people have a different favorite Beatle.

Dog lovers prefer Paul McCartney; cat people prefer George Harrison.

14. Dog people and cat people have a different sense of humor.

Cat people enjoy sophisticated, ironic humor that’s built on clever wordplay. Dog people laugh at fart jokes and videos of people accidentally hurting themselves.

15. Cat people are more independent.

As already noted, dog owners tend to be more sociable and obedient. The flip side of this is that cat owners, much like cats, have minds of their own.

16. Cat people are more likely to be atheists.

ATHEIST some research data that suggests that more cat people than dog people are atheists.

17. Dog people are seeking companionship; cat people are seeking affection.

Dog lovers are looking for a four-legged little buddy, while cat lovers want something that will purr and rub up against them and knead their paws into their fleshy folds when it’s dark and cold and lonely at night. 

6 hours ago, velu said:

About six percent more US households own dogs than own cats. In survey after survey, people who say they love dogs outnumber cat-lovers by as much as five to one. About a quarter of all respondents say they love both dogs and cats—we will refer to such people as “bi-petuals.”

Dog lovers are friendlier and more extroverted than cat lovers, who prefer to be alone. Dog lovers also tend to be more confident and dominant than cat people.

And they will never let you forget this, nor the fact that they think cats are also far more intelligent than dogs.

Cat lovers tend to be more prone to anxiety and neurotic disorders than dog people. This may be because their pets are far less likely to constantly reassure them.

One study shoes that cat owners are a third more likely to live alone than dog owners and twice as likely to live in an apartment rather than a house. The most likely individuals to own cats are single women.

The East and West Coasts are much more likely to favor cat owners, while dogs rule the American South. Overall, dog people are 30 more likely to live in the country, while cat people are 29 percent more likely to live in the city.

Owning a dog correlates strongly with having traditional values. Dog owners are also generally more rule-abiding than cat owners. Dog owners tend to skew Republican, while cat owners lean Democrat.

Cat owners tend to be nonconformists, while dog owners generally follow the tide and obey all rules.

Cat lovers generally score higher on thing such as open-mindedness, imaginativeness, creativity, adventurousness, and holding unconventional beliefs. Dog owners, much like dogs, will pretty much believe anything you tell them.

SENSITIVITY Cat lovers are sensitive Often times, people see sensitivity as a bad thing. This isn’t necessarily the case. Cat people were found to be more sensitive in this study, while dog owners showed fewer signs of sensitivity in provided tests.

It has been said many times that all dogs look like males and all cats look like females. Although there are exceptions, dog owners both male and female tend to view themselves as more masculine than cat owners do.

Studies have shown that people who love both dogs and cats—the so-called “bi-petuals”—have personalities almost identical to those of dog owners. In general, dog owners are more willing to tolerate the idea of owning a cat than cat owners are of owning dogs.

Cat people enjoy sophisticated, ironic humor that’s built on clever wordplay. Dog people laugh at fart jokes and videos of people accidentally hurting themselves.

As already noted, dog owners tend to be more sociable and obedient. The flip side of this is that cat owners, much like cats, have minds of their own.

ATHEIST some research data that suggests that more cat people than dog people are atheists.

Dog lovers are looking for a four-legged little buddy, while cat lovers want something that will purr and rub up against them and knead their paws into their fleshy folds when it’s dark and cold and lonely at night. 

All these generalizations are more or less BS/caused by other factors. I am a 'bi-petual', though i prefer cats more ( reasoning for it is later).

lets look at some of them:

Point #2 : Well, i am just about the most social person i know and i am way more cat person than dog person ( i was a cat person who transitioned into liking dogs).

Point #4: It may just be simple correlation, nothing more. As for why neurotic people would prefer cats - it has nothing to do with reassurance. Its got everything to do with neurotic people HATE messy places and cats are a million times tidier creature than dogs are. 

Point #5 and 6 : No $hyte sherlock. Cats are just fine in an apartment. A dog needs regular exercise, like taking them to the park and such. Bigger the dog, more exercise it needs. So no surprise that in densified cities with less public space, people prefer cats, while in rural places with plenty of open ground, dog owners don't have the constraint of 'i live on 20th floor of a building in a cramped apartment and the nearest park is 20 min walk away, so lets get a cat instead' .

Point #8: Dog owners obey all the rules ?! So let me get this straight- there are no criminals who own dogs. Well then, screw wasting money on investigation, just check if the suspect has a dog or not- if they have a dog, just cross them off the list of suspects- dog owners obey all the rules, remember ??

Point #12- i am a cat person who transitioned into liking dogs. I LOVE playing with dogs. My personality, according to this chart, is firmly in the cat people group. Why do i like dogs less ? Its simple - dogs love to lick if they like you/are excited/sign of bonding. And dog saliva smells worse than poo to me. So you see the problem Muloghonto has with dogs ? If i get them too excited/too friendly, i will have a smell worse than poo on my body and depending on where i am, no access to shower/cleanup. 

6 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

Dog person.  One of my dream is to actually own a dog. Retriever or a German Sheppard. But don’t think I am ready for it. 

Cant stand cats. Simply can not stand cats. 

I am curious- few bad experiences or whats your reason for hating cats ?

I ask because i've had lots of cats interactions in my life as well as dog, yet the most genuine sense of affection i've felt from a pet has come from a cat. 

Edited by Muloghonto

4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

I am curious- few bad experiences or whats your reason for hating cats ?

I ask because i've had lots of cats interactions in my life as well as dog, yet the most genuine sense of affection i've felt from a pet has come from a cat. 

Nothing. It’s just that I find cats just weird. Find them selfish, catty, boring, unfriendly, wierd, lazy, moody, unfit, ugly. 

Cats for me are ‘unpetable’ if that is even a word. No bad experience, having a cat as a pet for me is similar to keeping a snake or a mice as a pet. 

2 hours ago, rahulrulezz said:

Nothing. It’s just that I find cats just weird. Find them selfish, catty, boring, unfriendly, wierd, lazy, moody, unfit, ugly. 

Cats for me are ‘unpetable’ if that is even a word. No bad experience, having a cat as a pet for me is similar to keeping a snake or a mice as a pet. 

unfit ?!?

Cats are one of the best killing machines on the planet and pretty awesome at getting away from virtually anything. Without confinement, a cat can harm a dog more than a dog can usually harm a cat, for eg, because of cat's superior speed, surefootedness, sense of attack and kill instinct. 

They are boring when they don't know you and yes, some cats are pretty antisocial. But many cats are highly social with their owners/people they know.  

Dogs see you as an alpha the adoration they give you takes you to a pedestal. Anyone can get it and its possible for every dog in the world to give to its human. I love dogs for this, they utterly depend on you like babies.

Cats see you as trainable adults and source of treats, to get a cats affection and trust you need to earn it and at any point the cat decides whether or not to give it. Cats can treat you like you were an equal and any fleeting moment of affection if fully worthwhile.

I like cats a bit more than dogs partly because big cats are the best and most efficient predatory design earth has ever comeup with.

3 hours ago, rahulrulezz said:

Ok try this man. Go to a cat look into his/her eyes then close you eyes and look sideways. Do this a few times and keep a good distance but attract his or her attention by wistling then proceed with that gimmic. You are telling the cat you are his friend dont show your teeth. In time he will reciprocate. Spot the cat while she is about to go into the field to hunt like at 4:30 or 5 pm not when she is actively hunting with eyes glowing.

13 hours ago, velu said:

Thank you. 

I like both but first choice is cats.

They are elegant animals .

They don't slurp and lick your face . They don't try to hump peoples legs ...nor do they do the nasty stuff in public and embarrass everyone around.

They are less needy .

They find ways to exercise even in flats and don't have to be taken for walks.

Edited by beetle

1 hour ago, beetle said:

I like both but first choice is cats.

They are elegant animals .

They don't slurp and lick your face . They don't try to hump peoples legs ...nor do they do the nasty stuff in public and embarrass everyone around.

They are less needy .

They find ways to exercise even in flats and don't have to be taken for walks.

i really hate the dogs for this licking habit :((

and many likes to kiss dogs even after seeing this :phehe:

gross-dogs.jpg